"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 10:42:54 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Gridcamping in Ghost Town  (Read 3964 times)

Gridcamping in Ghost Town
« on: June 12, 2013, 09:57:20 pm »

Listen up people.

It's the last 10 days of Fonline 2238.
We have a nice PvP area.

Why do some small dicked morons keep camping the grid in Ghost Town? Ye, wastland is harsh, pking is fun, bloody deaths are fun, etc, etc. But come on! This is such a sad way (although fitting) to end this game.

I understand it's hard to kill armed players, but isn't it more fun to let someone regain their health and equip some items before you splatter them?

I'm already imagining the ignorant responses to this topic, so go ahead; surprise me.
These morons are the last thing I'll be missing once this game has given up the ghost.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
Re: Gridcamping in Ghost Town
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 10:05:15 pm »

I dont understand why they kill bluesuits. You come to ghost town to fight. go to the middle of town or factory and let people gear up. Dont kill bluesuits that is pointless. if you want to kill blues then go to ncr.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 10:23:01 pm by falloutdude »
Roaming the waste again.

Merle

• "How's about a big hug for your old pal Merle?"
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 10:18:02 pm »

I dont understand why they kill bluesuits. You come to ghost town to fight. go to the middle of town of factory and let people gear up. Dont kill bluesuits that is pointless. if you want to kill blues then go to ncr.

I know what ya mean. At first I wanted to say something about "common decency" to allow a "spawner" to gear up and run away, but then I realized that if I had said it, I'd probably be reminded by many of our lovely trolls that: a) I am a faggot pussy!; b) this is a wasteland with no rules; c) I am a retard to think that way and should end my life by raping myself with a knife.

On the serious note, the only way to (sometimes) avoid the gridcamping is to use a sneaker. At least that's what works for me. GL.
Of course, the whole point of a Doomsday Machine is lost, if you *keep* it a *secret*! Why didn't you tell the world, EH?
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 10:21:24 pm »

This is seriously messed up.

In all the time during this game I've taken shit from retarded, power-hungry, redneck children, I've never encountered such badly mannered slugs as these pricks.

Why the fuck do you people want to spoil any and all fun there is left? There's 30 people online, around 15 going to Ghost Town, of which at least 5 are gridcamping.

The unspoken bond between players in this desperate time is non-existent.

Just wanted to rage a bit. Have fun without me, I'm sure you will.

JovankaB

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 10:23:43 pm »

Make a sneaker?

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 10:26:33 pm »

You have 2 spawn points, they are very rarely both camped at the same time, and use that preview button for fucks sake.
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 10:29:27 pm »

Make a sneaker?

That's not the point. Also, I don't feel like playing a sneaker now.

You have 2 spawn points, they are very rarely both camped at the same time, and use that preview button for fucks sake.

I do. Sometimes they hide near outfitter. Also, a lot of the time both were camped.

I'm not looking for a solution. I'm just disappointed in my fellow players.
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 10:50:21 pm »

Ok so I let a bluesuit to gear up and then when I came from respawn this bluesuit was geared and killed me while talking to outfitter. This happened to me several times, I'm not that patient and definitely I'm not gonna be someone's bitch, once you enter the town, prepare for being killed or grab some gear in your own base, I believe most of you have shitload of stuff stashed in there. Sneaker is another possible option.
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 10:54:45 pm »

Also:
Don't kill my doc, I just wanna chill out and watch the games, and if someone needs it, heal him/her.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 11:03:04 pm »

now there is someone killing people in respawn yuria or how ever its spelled
Roaming the waste again.

Merle

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 11:20:28 pm »

For those who don't know - there's an OUTFITTER in NCR. Get your gear there if you're being irritated by spawn-kills. My bad.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 12:31:16 am by Merle »
Of course, the whole point of a Doomsday Machine is lost, if you *keep* it a *secret*! Why didn't you tell the world, EH?

JovankaB

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 11:48:07 pm »

This outfitter will only give drugs for consumption in practice.
Non-legit items are removed from inventory when location is left

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2013, 12:06:39 am »

I've been trying to bring rope into Ghost Town to see if there is an area under the elevator.

Even my sneakers get camped trying.

waaaaaa

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

Merle

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2013, 12:32:52 am »

I've been trying to bring rope into Ghost Town to see if there is an area under the elevator.

Even my sneakers get camped trying.

waaaaaa

For the good of the realm, I'll try to "rope" it as well, buddy!

EDIT: It doesn't work. The character fiddles with the elevator, the rope stays in the inventory.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 12:49:12 am by Merle »

JovankaB

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2013, 06:20:44 am »

There isn't, but it was planned. It wasn't done before the end of 2238 (wasn't even started).
Basically there would be an alternative route to the facility through severs.

Also under the facility there was supposed to be entrance to Vault 17, originally the plan was
to put HQ chemicals there but I would rather keep them on the surface in similar fashion like
they are now in Waterworks (so only surface map would have to be done to add the HQ chems)
and leave the vault as a possible quest location for later: to retrieve scientific data from the Vault
for Dr Fung in San Francisco. You would have to come with your own holotape, go down, find the
computer with the data (maybe use energy cells to power the computer) and copy it on holotape.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 06:31:03 am by JovankaB »
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 25 queries.