"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 04:06:14 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Gridcamping in Ghost Town  (Read 3966 times)

Merle

• "How's about a big hug for your old pal Merle?"
Re: Gridcamping in Ghost Town
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2013, 12:22:38 pm »

This outfitter will only give drugs for consumption in practice.
Non-legit items are removed from inventory when location is left

I've just tested something. If you take the items/gear from the outfitter in NCR, don't place them in any of the slots (head/torso armor, weapon, etc), they will remain in your inventory when you enter Ghost Town and will become usable as any other item given there (unlike the equipment taken in "Seven Families" area, which disappears immediately after the area had been left).

Now, I know this doesn't seem as much use when facing spawn-campers, but if you check both of the entrances first, and then enter the area, it at least saves you the time to get to the outfitter there and risk getting shot.

This is my advice for sneaker builds who often eat burst rounds while gearing up.

The items taken from NCR to GT.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 12:30:46 pm by Merle »
Of course, the whole point of a Doomsday Machine is lost, if you *keep* it a *secret*! Why didn't you tell the world, EH?
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2013, 01:28:14 am »

This outfitter will only give drugs for consumption in practice.
Non-legit items are removed from inventory when location is left
So why does he give them out in the first place? That's like if Santa takes away your present right after you unwrapped it. Seriously, does it matter that much if someone gets some free stuff in an about-to-end game where HQ stuff spawns and the material worth of any item is zero?
If you take the items/gear from the outfitter in NCR, don't place them in any of the slots (head/torso armor, weapon, etc), they will remain in your inventory when you enter Ghost Town and will become usable as any other item given there (unlike the equipment taken in "Seven Families" area, which disappears immediately after the area had been left).
And there's already the workaround. Why must it be like that? Just make those darn items "legit".. For a change no workarounds, just plain functionality.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 01:41:47 am by BLDYMSS »

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2013, 01:58:39 am »

The scripts are the way they are, those are the same NPCs from events held earlier in season(s), I don't think any dev is going to change them at this point.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2013, 02:00:46 am »

The scripts are the way they are, those are the same NPCs from events held earlier in season(s), I don't think any dev is going to change them at this point.
But in earlier events the items given out aren't declared non-legit and vanish. Or makes the script those items bound to the event map?
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2013, 02:25:12 am »

What about leaving a few event-like guards in exit grids and outfitters?

Like a guy with 9999hps that can kill every body (with a single shot of 999 damage) who is griefing around in the spawnpoints or in the outfitter. I remember those outfitter guards in other events.

JovankaB

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2013, 05:31:17 am »

But in earlier events the items given out aren't declared non-legit and vanish. Or makes the script those items bound to the event map?

That's is just a part of "anti-fuckup" system, although you are right.
At this point it doesn't matter and could be disabled.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2013, 03:02:20 pm »

please disable it. Some times i need to go for a couple min to wm and then I lose all my stuff and then need to die again to ask outfitter for stuff.
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2013, 05:00:58 pm »

There is still some equip. that aren't in lockers and thats kinda sad,i miss there End boss plasma *frank horrigan gun) heavy dual minigun,end boss knide and stuff like that...why not add them?

JovankaB

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2013, 05:44:52 pm »

Some small improvements in the ghost town:

1. Additional entrance on the east.

2. Floor is cleaned automatically every 20 minutes.

3. Boosted spawning of some better stuff and removed some cheap things from the facility containers.

4. Moved the 7 famillies village between GT spawn and the ghost town. Added outfitters and guards inside.

5. Items from outfitters don't disappear when you leave location

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2013, 06:01:41 pm »

thanks those are good imporvements,but iam still missing 14mm outfit :)

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2013, 07:55:19 pm »

3. Boosted spawning of some better stuff and removed some cheap things from the facility containers.

4. Moved the 7 famillies village between GT spawn and the ghost town. Added outfitters and guards inside.

many thanks jovanka  ;D
Roaming the waste again.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2013, 05:40:52 am »

Great change thanks.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2013, 08:31:34 am »

Need a "Bomber Kit" to supplement the EW, SG, and BG kits. Would give Frag Mines, Bear Traps, and dynamite/C-4.

Or just spawn more frag mines in containers.
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2013, 03:05:47 pm »

Excellent changes, thanks for that.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 23 queries.