"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 06, 2024, 10:13:55 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 42

Author Topic: The End  (Read 132512 times)

Re: The End
« Reply #435 on: June 15, 2013, 03:44:37 am »

In the example described above, YOU brought your killer to your tent.
I did no such thing. He just followed me.
The volume at which someone complains rarely corresponds with the validity of their complaint....
Maybe, maybe not... But complaining does no good, either way, in this case.

BenKain

• Independent Developer
« Reply #436 on: June 15, 2013, 04:53:05 am »

I did no such thing. He just followed me.

If he followed you, that means you had lead him there. Had you know, and payed attention, you could have booted him from your party and moved on. It happens to the best of us, but it really is a failure on your part.
« Reply #437 on: June 15, 2013, 04:54:31 am »

If he followed you, that means you had lead him there. Had you know, and payed attention, you could have booted him from your party and moved on. It happens to the best of us, but it really is a failure on your part.
Didn't know that. Didn't know he was there, either.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #438 on: June 15, 2013, 10:14:41 am »

Didn't know that. Didn't know he was there, either.

so from what i understand the problem is that you are noob, and didint know how things work, not the game itself.
« Reply #439 on: June 15, 2013, 11:32:24 am »

so from what i understand the problem is that you are noob, and didint know how things work, not the game itself.
I'm sorry, ¿where is the tutorial  etc? Yes, it was the game that made me quit. Do NOT ass-u-me to know me, sir.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #440 on: June 15, 2013, 11:35:47 am »

I'm sorry, ¿where is the tutorial  etc? Yes, it was the game that made me quit. Do NOT ass-u-me to know me, sir.

the tutorial was fallout 1 and fallout 2 games, everything else is learned from wasteland itself, i did learn, others did, and it seems that you received a lesson as well, so take it as man.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #441 on: June 15, 2013, 11:37:17 am »

I guess part of the problem was the lack of immersion.
« Reply #442 on: June 15, 2013, 11:37:53 am »

Well, I know who to add to my ignore list.

EDIT: Michael, I mean basic things; Like, space bar is to TALK, not end combat as people who use vedaras' "tutorial" were taught. I didn't even learn OF FixBoy until after I quit. My brother, who I joined with and dubbed me A Traitor for quitting, only discoverd FixBoy by accident himself.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 11:49:55 am by A Traitor »

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #443 on: June 15, 2013, 11:46:25 am »

Well, I know who to add to my ignore list.

learn to pro better, cause even the sims would be to harsh for you.

Merle

• "How's about a big hug for your old pal Merle?"
« Reply #444 on: June 15, 2013, 11:51:11 am »

Well, whenever I ran into difficulties, I'd first try to figure it out by myself through trial and error (because that's where all the fun is). In case I couldn't, I would then advise the FOnline 2238 wiki. I believe it has almost every piece of information about everything you'll ever need. From items/weapons/drugs/factions/locations/special encounters/vehicles/PC builds/NPCs/quests/crafting requirements/farming/commands, to some "WhiteRa speshul tactics" when dealing with the harsh wasteland environment or PKs. Guys really did a great job on that, and everything is explained step by step; ESPECIALLY for beginners.

All you had to do was google "FOnline 2238"...
http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Main_Page

or just advise any of the forum members on the "Questions and Answers" thread for any specific questions you might have.
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,18127.0.html

Don't blame the game mechanics or the players thanks to whom it is even more diverse and interesting for overlooking any of these sources.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 12:32:44 pm by Merle »
Of course, the whole point of a Doomsday Machine is lost, if you *keep* it a *secret*! Why didn't you tell the world, EH?

Kool-Aid

• Unjustfully banned
« Reply #445 on: June 15, 2013, 12:36:08 pm »

Hell, about time.
Rest in Pieces, my wasted hours !
Go to Hell, infidel

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #446 on: June 15, 2013, 03:03:11 pm »

Hell, about time.
Rest in Pieces, my wasted hours !
Who's that lemon man that you use as your avatar?
« Reply #447 on: June 15, 2013, 07:59:42 pm »

Thanks to the devs/gms for the run we had and trying to keep this working as long as you did. Wasn't always perfect, but hey, you already know that. Best of luck with all of your future projects and life in general.

I met a lot of friends here, and had a lot of fun.

The rest of you can go fuck yourselves...

About sums it up.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #448 on: June 15, 2013, 09:45:06 pm »

Developers, GMs, i know i have not been always a grateful player.

Nevertheless, the game you made me obsessed with (and which i enjoyed most of the time) was for a while a part of my life. I cheered for uptimes of servers, new features and of course wipes, but also raged on forums.

Wipes... Now i see the clock ticking away and painfully realise, that the game won't be there.

Anyway, i think it's a time for all of us for a new start. I want to thank you for all what you have done to us. Updates, feedback, support and of course patience and reasonable matter of speech.

For all what you have done and what i forgot to mention, Thank You. You're legends now.

« Reply #449 on: June 16, 2013, 03:17:37 pm »

Da wastelands is harsh. The community killed this game, you can even see it on this forum. They are nasty and mean to new players. The players who could have paid the bills. When I started there were people who would even act like they were helping teach you to learn the game and would lure you out and kill you. Duh wastelands is... gone! I actually donated $20 and made a post saying why I quit when I did, I got the expected replies that nobody cared if I quit and duh wastelands is harsh. You have only yourselves to blame no matter how you try to spin it chasing off new players choked your game to death.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 42

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 18 queries.