"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 06, 2024, 01:22:06 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 42

Author Topic: The End  (Read 132491 times)

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
Re: The End
« Reply #360 on: June 13, 2013, 03:49:23 pm »

"And lexx will keep stating..." Good to know.

Why you dont admit truth I would say? current devs somehow want to put it through that its players faut the server ends, well its not, players were same all the time, devs changed, so did game from something good into... well lets be polite maybe :)

That's what you think is true, but reality is, it's not.

So basically, Vedaras stated that it's not the players' fault, you stated that it's not true, now you're implying that you've never said anything like that.

Always bet on Lexx when it comes to juicy quotes!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 03:51:10 pm by Nice_Boat »

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #361 on: June 13, 2013, 04:14:00 pm »

My post was related to devs changed -> game started to suck, which is not true at all. You can blame whatever suckage as much as you want on "the devs", but fact is, most of the "new devs" simply didn't worked on deep game play mechanics at all. There *always* was at least one of the "old guard" around.

Nice_Boat

« Reply #362 on: June 13, 2013, 04:32:38 pm »

My post was related to devs changed -> game started to suck, which is not true at all.

Actually, it's 100% true. The game really started to suck after the new devs became a part of the team, which is obviously why people blame them for that. The fact that they became the PR face for those changes on the forums didn't help at all.

You can blame whatever suckage as much as you want on "the devs", but fact is, most of the "new devs" simply didn't worked on deep game play mechanics at all. There *always* was at least one of the "old guard" around.

Yeah, and as usual the specifics are confidential even though people have been asking you who exactly brainstormed and implemented those "deep gameplay mechanics" for weeks. In all honesty, this just looks like a bad attempt at damage control - most of the old devs have gained a lot of respect from the community, so let's put the blame on an unspecified old dev to take the heat off the current ones.

Basically, what you're saying is that the author of the features that more or less killed this game chose to remain anonymous while a huge part of the playerbase kept bashing Jovanka and Samira for something they haven't done... and they both happily rolled along with this for a few months because they're the heroes 2238 deserves, but not the ones 2238 needs right now. So you let us hunt them. Because they can take it (while flaming and trolling every piece of negative feedback, I might add). Because they aren't our heroes. They're the silent guardians, watchful protectors. The dark knights.

Jesus Christ, cool story bro.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #363 on: June 13, 2013, 04:35:23 pm »

Haha, what did I even thought when replying. See, this is why most of us don't post on the forum at all.

Think whatever to want, what I write won't matter at all anyway.

Nice_Boat

« Reply #364 on: June 13, 2013, 04:44:12 pm »

Haha, what did I even thought when replying. See, this is why most of us don't post on the forum at all.

Think whatever to want, what I write won't matter at all anyway.

See, this is why the game died. Because instead of giving an honest answer, you keep hedging, disregarding the players and finally flip the other side the bird when backed against the wall.

All I asked was who exactly came up with those wonderful ideas - and all I've got in response was "you know nothing," "but it was someone unspecified who did something unspecified at an unspecified time" and finally "I'm done talking to you, bugger off."

And it's not even like giving the answer now would hurt anyone - after all, it's highly unlikely any of us will meet in another FOnline project in the future. But yeah, haha, what did I expect - you've been like that for 2 years, it's not like you'd suddenly change your attitude.

Not going to bother you with this again, sorry for even asking. Enjoy the shutdown party, I guess.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 04:47:41 pm by Nice_Boat »

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #365 on: June 13, 2013, 05:11:52 pm »

It's a honest answer, as I don't have a reason to lie. I can't tell you the names of feature authors right now, because in order to be 100% correct (which is absolutely necessary here or we will be liars again as soon as I am remembering something a little wrong) I would need to check the repository history, which I cannot do right now (and even if - I doubt I would be motivated to do this, as we have over 10.000 commits and researching who worked at what thing at date x is a lot work). Other than that, everyone from the "old guard" was somehow related in a feature at some point. We all discussed stuff together, every single time.

See, you wouldn't believe me anyway. You always manage it to rotate my words better than any rotator could ever do, even a single wrong word or quote I couldn't write on my mobile phone is enough for you to come up with a new wall of text about how filthy we are.

Man, this talk is so annoying and as always, I am the only dev stupid enough not to remain in silence and to reply instead.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 05:45:44 pm by Lexx »

Glumer

• The Evil Butchers
« Reply #366 on: June 13, 2013, 06:13:41 pm »

My post was related to devs changed -> game started to suck, which is not true at all. You can blame whatever suckage as much as you want on "the devs", but fact is, most of the "new devs" simply didn't worked on deep game play mechanics at all. There *always* was at least one of the "old guard" around.

Ok so players get too old and start dying? Or how you can defend your truth in facts that server lost people by every new update?

Merle

• "How's about a big hug for your old pal Merle?"
« Reply #367 on: June 13, 2013, 06:26:44 pm »

Might as well post this here, since it is the most actual thread. In today's news:

Around 18:20 (CET), an unknown force has assassinated two guards and one greeter at the NCR entrance... and possibly someone else, but our reporter could not cover the entire area. Those in need of killing something outside of Ghost Town limits, please return to your usual bombing careers :P Too late.
Of course, the whole point of a Doomsday Machine is lost, if you *keep* it a *secret*! Why didn't you tell the world, EH?

JovankaB

« Reply #368 on: June 13, 2013, 06:32:10 pm »

Or how you can defend your truth in facts that server lost people by every new update?

Your facts are wrong. The server did not lose players after every update.

The number of players was dropping steadily for over 3 years, the last year with the
new developers was actually the only longer period when the number of players wasn't
dropping (and maybe 2009, there is no logs so I can't tell) although I'm not saying that
it's thanks to the new developers. Maybe it was just some core playerbase that stayed longer.

TL;DR - you post bullshit.

BenKain

• Independent Developer
« Reply #369 on: June 13, 2013, 06:38:17 pm »

At least Vedaras had the common courtesy to curtail his comments before they became degrading. Apparently you have no such respect for a game that you have playing for two years, NiceBoat. If it has always been the same old shit, then how can you expect it to be any different now. You know what the definition of insanity is? Repeating the same thing, over and over, expecting different results. 

Maybe if you had actually done some constructive, input some real features, or you know, pulled that fat dick out of your ass for half a second, you could have made an actual difference. Instead you continue to piss and moan about the same shit. I have seen these devs, who have provided you with a gaming experience that you actually seem to care about (unless you just like to whine walls of eye-bleed for no reason), answer many of your questions to the best of their ability at the time, and it is never good enough for you. Why the fuck? Is it your mission in life to make this process as hard as fucking humanly possible? If so, damn good job, now eat another kielbasa and drink a nice tall glass of.... wait for it..... shit... Undiluted shit.

Why? Because this is what you are serving to the devs every time you post anywhere. It is not constructive criticism. It is simply how you jerk yourself off, or get your jolly, or whatever. You, and people like you, NiceBoat, are why this server went to hell. What is the point of listening to a playerbase if all they are going to do is shit in their eyes and ears.  So once again, close your asshole and gives these guys a word of encouragement, or at least have the common decency to fuck off.

@ Playerbase Dropping: Fallout 1 and 2 are old as fuck games. The only reason this old as fuck mod, of an old as fuck game lasted as long as it did, is because the original games where fantastic, and this mod was fantastic. It is to be expected that time wearies the play-ability of games like these.   

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #370 on: June 13, 2013, 06:40:30 pm »

Some Old School of FOnline 2238:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcWtWmmSLgQ" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcWtWmmSLgQ</a>

Good old times.
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

Nice_Boat

« Reply #371 on: June 13, 2013, 07:17:49 pm »

Maybe if you had actually done some constructive, input some real features,

Actually, some stuff I suggested made it to the game - and my input regarding the PvP balance was good enough for Solar to unban me when one of the local forum mods got a bit too trigger happy due to personal differences. But then again how the fuck would you know, you're so new it hurts. And yeah, even when I grew bitter and totally disheartened about the future of this game, I offered a step-by-step plan to regain the audience lost due to the recent changes. Would it work? Who knows, the Voluptuous Duo decided to troll me instead of having a discussion - and to make it even more hilarious, actually started implementing some of the things I suggested after the critical mass was reached and the server was basically doomed.

As for the insults, well - they just show how much of a pleb you are.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 07:21:36 pm by Nice_Boat »

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #372 on: June 13, 2013, 07:26:02 pm »

You know what the definition of insanity is? Repeating the same thing, over and over, expecting different results. 
you remember the time when i told everyone in IRC to come pvp and you told them to move away to tlamk2, because 2238 is dead? you remember the time when i told everyone in IRC to come pvp and you told them to move away to tlamk2, because 2238 is dead? you remember the time when i told everyone in IRC to come pvp and you told them to move away to tlamk2, because 2238 is dead?

or you know, pulled that fat dick out of your ass for half a second, you could have made an actual difference.
talking from experience i see?

I have seen these devs, who (...) answer many of your questions to the best of their ability at the time,
they've answered questions with more questions and ambiguity. because it's easier to give a cowardly answer than a direct answer?

and drink a nice tall glass of.... wait for it..... shit... Undiluted shit.
make sure you don't pop that vein. it looks like it's gonna blow. make sure to monitor your heart, i don't want anything to happen to you.

You, and people like you, NiceBoat, are why this server went to hell.
you like pointing fingers, don't you?

What is the point of listening to a playerbase if all they are going to do is shit in their eyes and ears.
treat people like shit, you'll be treated like shit yourself. eye for an eye.

So once again, close your asshole and gives these guys a word of encouragement, or at least have the common decency to fuck off.
it's better to criticize than to pointlessly encourage perpetual mediocrity. especially when people said what's wrong dozens of times.

Redivivus

• Fear
« Reply #373 on: June 13, 2013, 07:33:49 pm »

Quote from: DeputyDope/Nice_Boat and etc. vs. <place dev. name here>
Well, typical reaction between developers and users. It's not changing a bit anywhere. FYI for direct answers you need to ask direct questions, nothing far than "say me the name of dev who ruined mah old product i want to burn him on inqusition's fire" i didn't see.
Lexx, you'd better really stop answering.

Some Old School of FOnline 2238
I miss those times too, shamefully that core playerbase mostly have their best memories exactly in 2009 -early 2010 times of 2238
Innocence proves nothing

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #374 on: June 13, 2013, 07:39:46 pm »

The saddest part about the departure of the server is that Nice Boat now has to find a new game/forum where he can express his holier than thou attitude. Such a sad day. :(
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 42

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 21 queries.