"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 18, 2024, 01:30:39 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 42

Author Topic: The End  (Read 133567 times)

Termap

• The King of Cleverness
Re: The End
« Reply #105 on: June 06, 2013, 10:43:53 pm »

No more "I quit" topics, hours/days spend by nothing, it is seriously donation of freedom?
Anyway, thanks what have you ever done, not everything was horrible. I also remember the good times. 
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 10:52:35 pm by Termap »
« Reply #106 on: June 06, 2013, 10:45:55 pm »

Everything has its end. So does the 2238 server.
But I hope that one day it will ascend above the ashes of the world of 2238 we once knew and become a 2238 mk2 server, with real blackjack and hookers.
BTW It's a weird feeling that we will never play this game again, compared to all those that you can download or buy in a shop, and they will be always available, even in 15 years.

Thank you.

mrninjamonk

• Crazy 88
« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2013, 10:58:37 pm »

Thank you to all the devs and gm's that have helped the game to develop and and stay fun for so long and to anyone who donated to the server to keep it running. I had many good times on 2238 with friends and enemies alike and am saddened to see it go even though i haven't played in almost a year. It's like a small part of my past is dying.... good luck to everyone involved on their future endeavors.

R.I.P. FOnline: 2238 you will be missed
« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2013, 11:00:06 pm »

well this is a sad ending, but i have a suggestion, i played F1, F2, F-tactics, F3, F-New Vegas, FO-2238, FO-TLA MK2, i tried FO-Desert Europe, all of them have something interesting  but nobody think about MERGING FO-games in ONE big game, every team works on its own part of the world but ideas about game engine and graphic and items should be together.

best in 2238 are idea of tent, base, mines with visible ore craftable crates, tents and so on.... in FODE is multi-level map system and workbench system and maybe crafting, new weapons, new graphics .... in TLA crafting is hard and little complicating, bases (tents) are small BUT shortcuts for items, crafting items, weapons are good.......so ALL those games should unite in one GREAT GAME and wiki build in BIG WIKI.
« Reply #109 on: June 06, 2013, 11:00:43 pm »

give us rare stuff and let us fight with them , it doesnt matter anyway...

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #110 on: June 06, 2013, 11:07:57 pm »

Well, somewhere deep inside me I remember something from the forum as one wise man, whose name I cannot recall anymore, said something along the lines of "When people will finally kill 2238 they will come back and cry". Well, to be honest, if the developers have made such a move, then so it shall be. I'd like to wish everyone from the developer team, the GMs and everyone else who directly or indirectly contributed towards the creation of 2238, may you all find further success, whether it be another game project or anything else. Thank you, 2238.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.
« Reply #111 on: June 06, 2013, 11:10:29 pm »

Thx all of you , allies , enemies, GMs to play this . It's sad but expected.

I hope someone come back and make 2239 better than 2238. ;)

lisac2k

• Rotator
  • Uncle Pyro
« Reply #112 on: June 06, 2013, 11:11:49 pm »

Well... I enjoy this game so much... Is a sad day today. I hope you devs have luck whit your next projects.

I have only a one question...

We got de good ending... or de bad ending?
If you were playing Fallout and Fallout 2, you'll know the answer.

Redivivus

• Fear
« Reply #113 on: June 06, 2013, 11:13:22 pm »

War. War never changes.
Innocence proves nothing

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #114 on: June 06, 2013, 11:20:29 pm »

watch this be a troll and they wipe and have awesome update on June 23 instead of ending the project.(Dont really think so but leave some hope)
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #115 on: June 06, 2013, 11:29:54 pm »

Like so often before in my life, I came too late.
Thanks for 3 wonderful months, in which I could enjoy an online version of Fallout.
Please let there be another one like this some day. And no, TLA is not an option.
Back to life, I guess ;D

headshot

• Killian
« Reply #116 on: June 06, 2013, 11:31:45 pm »

Well.. if it's true... It was a pleasure to spend three wonderful years with 2238 and it's community. It was a lot of fun, I met awesome people and we did awesome things like WWP or Caravans or all this TC battles we fought with our challenging opponents, all this huntings I loved in 2238. It's very sad, because it was the only online game I actually play, and I was with 2238 no matter how playerbase small or big was. However I have trust in AHS-9's words that it will be the new begining. Becase you guys, all of you, players, devs and game masters did the awesome and remarkable thing. Be proud.

« Reply #117 on: June 06, 2013, 11:33:02 pm »

Please, let next generation of enthusiastic gamers / developers recreate 2238. Make the source codes  open source.
We know that you are bored, without any motivation and without money, but not everyone is like you, there are people who actually have some time and will to make this server and game better.
Give them that chance, give them chance to build on your foundation and make something better.

Please, don´t be grumpy old devs who want to take everything with them into the grave.
2238 deserve next chance, but with different devs. Lets see what will happen.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #118 on: June 06, 2013, 11:34:25 pm »

So this is why it is called "The Life After", even if that doesn't make sense chronologically.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #119 on: June 06, 2013, 11:36:35 pm »

Please, don´t be grumpy old devs who want to take everything with them into the grave.

If we would do this, we would simply close the forum and not transform it into a FOnline SDK support board.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 42

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 18 queries.