"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 08:58:09 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Changelog 29/03/2010  (Read 20750 times)

Solar

• Rotator
Re: Changelog 29/03/2010
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2010, 02:20:16 pm »

Ah, well, traders restock rate is a little fast at the moment, I agree - its still the same as when Traders were nigh on useless before the wipe.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2010, 02:42:13 pm »

I means it is pointless to craft drugs now, maybe only stimpaks and super stimpaks (the material of stimpak is more expansive then stimpak itself) because you or your team mate may use them. Other drugs such as memtats (400 caps) or buffout (275 caps) is dirt cheap by traders so just buy those from traders.

On the other hand you can craft 100 9mm and sold it for 700 caps with your 16% barter skill and you don't even need a profession to do it.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2010, 02:45:05 pm »

Yes, but crafting 9mm gets you $2000 an hour, crafting level 3 drugs gets you $5000 an hour.

Stimpack material prices should be fixed now. Hypos @ $10, Bio Med @ $25
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2010, 02:53:27 pm »

Hey, devs, thanks for wiki update, it's now much better for crafters (if not mentioning empty .gif for new materials).

I have some quick questions for you:
- are you going to do anything about millions-of-gunpowder-manual-crafting? (some kind of automation would be very nice)
- broke traders, who have items nobody wants to buy, but no money?
- millions of same items traders have (is it possible to sort items - if trader has 10 same items, to show only one (of best quality?))
- what player limit are you planing to have? (ncr, when server  has ~600 players, is quite busy, what are you going to do, when server reaches 2000, or 10000 players?)

thanks in advance ;)

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2010, 03:05:14 pm »

Well, 10.000 players is kind of optimistic number.. :D
But I agree, NCR is overcrowded, it even slows down my computer so I don't visit it anymore. :(
Hub is the place to live for me atm and I'm fine with it, because they made it much more attractive with the last update. If more such improvements for other towns will come in future I'm sure that not every player will dwell in NCR anymore. :)
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2010, 03:20:12 pm »

I mean the professions are not balanced. With the current exp system it is really discourage alts so you have to focus on 1 character. Plus it is also hard to exping via only crafting so you have to do a combination of crafting/gethering/PvE/quests.

SG profession is fun, you crafting and you use your gun and ammo to shoot people etc. But doc profession is painful. You only craft sth other people hardly use. So if you want all the profession have more or less the same attractiveness to players do sth with current doc profession. Demolition is another pity profession. There are no trapped maps, and you can only craft a handful of items with 2 lvls.
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2010, 03:22:54 pm »

Well, 10.000 players is kind of optimistic number.. :D
I guess, that we could reach 2000 still in beta, and after release it could easily get 10k (and its just small fraction of Fallout community)
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2010, 03:25:46 pm »

Demolition is another pity profession.
Don't know about after-wipe, but before wipe demolisher=fast XPing, you don't even need anyone's help. Just craft grenades all the time and spend 1-3 grenades per encounter to kill everything there.
My suicider-alt before wipe got 6th lvl in few hours. I even started to think about SG+throwing character, but it's useless anyway. ;p
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2010, 03:41:59 pm »

I guess, that we could reach 2000 still in beta, and after release it could easily get 10k (and its just small fraction of Fallout community)

I'm not sure, I think if we were going to get that amount of people we would have already.

Maybe when the server files are released and we see servers that cater to different people's tastes the population of FOnline gamers may hit 2000. But not with just 2238. People just want too different things to just have one server.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2010, 05:45:18 pm »

I mean the professions are not balanced.

In what way?

All I know is a couple of bugs that mess up the balance a little, but these will be fixed (or have been fixed) - ie junk timeout not being 2 mins for 2 junk and healing powder timeouts being 5mins instead of the correct one, due to min timeout.
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2010, 06:19:17 pm »

But I agree, NCR is overcrowded, it even slows down my computer so I don't visit it anymore. :(

I was thinking they could put in a small list of server channels, sorta like how runescape works in a way. Thing is, that would probably take a few weeks and devs are focusing on more "important" things  :P
JUST GIVE ME THE CHIP!!
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2010, 06:22:55 pm »

I was thinking they could put in a small list of server channels, sorta like how runescape works in a way. Thing is, that would probably take a few weeks and devs are focusing on more "important" things  :P
Nooo, I can't believe that some time they will show codes and make avaible to make your own servers. If every PvPer will go to PvP-server-arena, every crafter on... don't even know, every roleplayer on role-play-area, etc. Then FOnline world become really boring. Till we see every type characters in one place, this is a good game.
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2010, 07:26:19 pm »

Nooo, I can't believe that some time they will show codes and make avaible to make your own servers. If every PvPer will go to PvP-server-arena, every crafter on... don't even know, every roleplayer on role-play-area, etc. Then FOnline world become really boring. Till we see every type characters in one place, this is a good game.

That's not exactly what I was getting at but I see your point. I just meant a few servers that are pretty much the same just not so crowded like it is now.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 12:02:56 am by Tetris Lock »
JUST GIVE ME THE CHIP!!
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2010, 11:07:23 pm »

In what way?

All I know is a couple of bugs that mess up the balance a little, but these will be fixed (or have been fixed) - ie junk timeout not being 2 mins for 2 junk and healing powder timeouts being 5mins instead of the correct one, due to min timeout.
Solar I think he's talking about the fact that the other professions take skills that still have a use for things other than crafting.

Weapon professions take the weapon skill themselves, armorer takes repair (Albeit not as useful and it's hard to repair things.) and most take science (Another not quite as useful one but sciencing broken weapons saves resources.)

Doctor takes First Aid and Doctor... We can't use First Aid during combat now so low cooldowns don't help (The cooldowns also seem to be higher... 2 minutes at 150%, I swear it used to be under a minute.) and since every time you use first aid on somebody, they get 5 minute weakened state, you have to also use doctor on them, or wait it out. (At 110% around 3 minutes cooldown.)

On top of this... Doctors craft items people willl rarely/never use, and don't really have a use unless you want to become a buffout or mentat addict.

Resp

• I'll shoot second =]
    • spnet
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2010, 10:26:20 am »

suggestion
remove the workbench demand from healing powder receipt  and add demand 2_flint_instrument as a tool  or primitive_tool.
and reduce the skill requirements for weak healing powder

p.s. my english skill is low ;). post this suggestion to the appropriate topics branch please.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 10:28:17 am by Resp »
I'm sorry for my poor English. Please correct me, I will learn
"Hell," said Tanner. "That's my name...." (с)
http://wasteland.spb.su/fo/?s=2&t=4
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 16 queries.