"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 09:15:12 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Farming Guide.  (Read 4563 times)

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
Farming Guide.
« on: May 11, 2013, 11:15:05 am »

This will be a overall farming guide, being honest, about farming those most you need:
-Unity
-BoS patrol
-NCR Army

For all of these encoutners I recommend using Taxi character on sandboxie + Farmer character - pure fighter, that will minimise the costs of the farm, and maximize the efficiency of it.
Here's an example Taxi build :
It can use P90 or any other gun to take down under minus HP's critters, to not destroy armors and to not waste ammo.
Next, for Unity I recommend using Laserspammer/BG hybrid - why? Because you'll use weapons which you farm, again making costs minimal, and still, making this easy (220 Supermuties, 128 Ghouls, 193 Men and 145 Women - says all)
There is an example build I use:
I mostly use Laser Rifle and Minigun in the other hand for metal armor guys and girls :-).

For NCR Army I've made a special build, and farmed 70 CA mk2 sets cannot be false.

Basically those 3 builds let you farm anything in game, for BoS patrolmen you'll need to use Big gunner farmer build and taxi.
Basic tips:

-Use sandboxie, if you do not have a friend to run with taxi/fighter.

-Search for encounter in which your target will fight another one to minimise costs of fights (stims, ammo).
For Example:
Unity vs Rogues
NCR Army vs Raiders/Maruders
BoS patrol vs Floaters
and so on.

-You can also use natural obstacles to hide behind and shoot from the cover.

-Always remember your main targets:
In Unity patrol Laser Rifle SuperMutant and Rocketmen
In NCR Army M60 and LSW dudes
In BoS patrol Avenger dude.(eventually if you use psycho& beer, then rocketmen).

(Also, it's important, that with these builds you do not need to use drugs, Imho you shouldn't spend cash on drugs to farm something, it's obsolete.)

- Always have radio with your characters, set at the same channel, so if you're out of stims/injured, send a help signal and go out by second character and return when you're ready.

-Do not collect gear you don't need, science it instead.

-Farming at 24 lvl is sadly recommended, because below you'll be easier target for NPCs.

-Do not use plasma rifle to farm NCR Army, you'll melt armors!

-And finally, share loot with your friends, if they're helping you.

Trader tips:
If you got the farmed stuff, keep it, you can sell it for quite big cash, even doing each day 30k caps.

Mostly recomended to take are : laser rifles, explosive rockets, miniguns.
These you can sell in shops for caps each 3 hours, getting a lot of caps.
The basic route of your should be starting from Den, selling rockets and big guns, going to New Reno, selling there big guns also, then to BH, selling big guns also, then NCR, also big guns, then to Hub, there you can sell big guns in Old Town, and laser rifles on Market for caps/drugs, then go to Necropolis, sell your laser rifles there for caps/drugs/ammo, then go to Gun Runners, sell there bgs for ammo/caps, then finally San Fran, in two shops sell your laser rifles, and on Tanker sell your big guns.

That's all from my side, remember, farming is easier and faster than crafting, and it can teach you about tactics in game, and you won't be bored so much. Enjoy!

Edit: Also, you can farm other encounters, such as Hub patrol (They have CA), VC patrol (They have sniper rifles), of Press Gang/Mercenaries (they have small energy weapons and SEC)

Edit2: Important! I didn't add any values about places where do you encounter them, I made this to not get you killed by PKs.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 12:07:49 pm by Tomowolf »
h
Re: Farming Guide.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 02:19:09 pm »

Napierdalam  ;D

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 04:38:51 pm »

Proper good job mate.
Covers all the basics of it.

This should be sticky.
Napierdalam  ;D
Speakaj Englishzey
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 06:58:10 pm »

I'd make a low CH taxi who can carry all the shit the farmer kills instead of a 2ST one.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 07:26:49 pm »

I'd make a low CH taxi who can carry all the shit the farmer kills instead of a 2ST one.
Yea me to. If i am going solo why do I need 10ch I only need 2-3 ch for the combat alt and maybe another combat alt(If I want to make the fights even easier)
Roaming the waste again.

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 08:57:22 pm »

How about farming VC f****t mother f******?
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 09:58:30 pm »

Speakaj Englishzey
It's his farmer's nickname you nup  ;)
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 11:09:52 pm »

Any particular reason why you use bonehead instead of say fast metabolism or loner?

And I asked this in another thread, but I guess this answers the question of whether multiplaying is allowed if it is only for PvE, yes?

Tomowolf

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 09:59:10 am »

It's just example, of course, you can, I do it with this, because it's lvld up and I can use p90 to deal some dmg.
Any particular reason why you use bonehead instead of say fast metabolism or loner?

And I asked this in another thread, but I guess this answers the question of whether multiplaying is allowed if it is only for PvE, yes?
You play in TB, you'll get ko/kd a lot, and when u get Bonehead, it will prevent this somehow.
(especially against NCR Army, where they constantly shoot your head)

Yes, multiplaying, (dual log) is allowed for PvE, and only for it I guess.
h

BenKain

• Independent Developer
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 10:04:00 am »

How about farming VC f****t mother f******?

You can kill VC with a nub sg burster, this is about High Class Farming

Good job Tomo

Tomowolf

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2013, 10:06:40 am »

Good job Tomo
BTW, by using bonehead trait, I've died 0 times during farming NCR Army, only had 2 hard situations, but it's all about hiding and 1 hexing enemies, but when u start, u can start from range, then hide somewhere, and leave the second character(taxi) on open area, to shoot em, they'll anyway focus the first one.

(My taxi doesn't have bonehead, and several times I've got instakills for 188 dmg (max hp), and had some problems, but he didnt die anyway).

Remember, if you use two characters, you can send distress at start of the encounter, to be able to return for your gear if you fail.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 10:09:39 am by Tomowolf »
h
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2013, 11:12:21 pm »

I need a build to farm enclave-bos, any suggestion?

This is what ive thought. http://www.nitue.net/#fcp/direct!id=9113 Jet+nuka+cig+m60. Im not sure about taking adrenaline rush or even toughner. Are the brd useful?

I want SG cos its useful when an enemy has low hp, you dont break his armor if you kill him with single shot
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 12:34:25 am by Furior »
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 04:38:55 am »

For NCR Army,The Unity and VC Patrol farming, I prefer High AC fighter
Work well on TB with only 1 char, low cost
The bad point is it takes more time (because of TB)

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2013, 05:10:13 am »

Good job Tomo
VC are high class farming.
KILL A VC FOR JUSTICE!!!
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2013, 08:01:43 pm »

For NCR Army,The Unity and VC Patrol farming, I prefer High AC fighter
Work well on TB with only 1 char, low cost
The bad point is it takes more time (because of TB)

Do you mind expanding on this build a little? I tried a high AC build myself, and while still at 100AC even molerats were still hitting me very consistently (Then again I never thought to compare melee to ranged attacks, now that I think about it I need to test this further as now that I think about it it was always melee critters that were being a problem)

But the bigger problem is that if an NPC can't hit you, they usually just run away (which causes another glitch in TB where the NPC doesn't use up all of their AP while running, and then you have to wait 30 second for their turn to end)
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 18 queries.