"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 07:54:45 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New thoughts on BPs taken from TLA  (Read 4385 times)

New thoughts on BPs taken from TLA
« on: May 09, 2013, 12:13:44 am »

The premise is simple:

Unlimited BPs can be found in the old ways, footlocker hunting and tough quests.
However, "limited" BPs could spawn in the barter window, such as a print to craft three sniper rifles.

I've noticed in TLA that the limited BPs do a good job of soaking up excess barter value, and due to the uncommon-ness of the respawn it's not like you can exploit them to craft limitless amounts of "the good stuff."

Basically the limited BPs give players another option for crafting and provides another reason for visiting the in-game merchants.

BenKain

• Independent Developer
Re: New thoughts on BPs taken from TLA
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 12:40:24 am »

I really like this idea, especially when applied to 2238.
The lockers would make the unlimited BPs a hot commodity, and the generally non-standard BP hunters not necessarily, but a whole separate feature to increase the necessity or connivance of having PvE players in your faction or group.
It would also make it simpler for the PvP ape to grab the BPs he needs on the quick tip, and get back into the action, but on a more limited scale, as far as gear, than the people who have a BP hunter backing them up on the crafting front.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 02:41:42 am »

If it was up to me, Id totally move whole BP concept that is on TLAmk2 here. I think its much or less flawless
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 03:40:53 am »

If it was up to me, Id totally move whole BP concept that is on TLAmk2 here. I think its much or less flawless

This

That concept actually truly works.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 03:42:43 am by Hololasima »
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 04:05:51 am »

It would be pretty nice to see any of those two suggestions (Giftless' or Sarakin's) in 2238.

JovankaB

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 06:46:14 am »

Perhaps we could simply add deterioration to BPs, shops could sell very deteriorated
blueprints and for every craft it could go down, depending on your skills (and I don't think
we would really need crafting professions then - someone with high SG skill should be able
to craft small guns from BP without deteriorating it much and dedicated crafter with high repair
and science could be just as good, but in crafting ALL kinds of weapons and armors). So
even 1 level character could craft something from any blueprint, in the worst case the BP
would just get destroyed after one use.

The problem is that the fact that crafting is in unsafe places anyway, it wouldn't make
blueprints with 100% condition worth much more for high skill crafter, because you wouldn't
craft that much at one time to destroy it with one visit anyway, so if you brought 100% BP,
you would just risk an item that was harder to get with no benefit whatsoever. Therefore people
would rather use poor quality BPs to craft things. Perhaps 50% or more deteriorated BPs should
result in weapons with deterioration?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 08:51:35 am by JovankaB »

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 09:35:11 am »

The problem is that the fact that crafting is in unsafe places anyway, it wouldn't make
blueprints with 100% condition worth much more for high skill crafter, because you wouldn't
craft that much at one time to destroy it with one visit anyway, so if you brought 100% BP,
you would just risk an item that was harder to get with no benefit whatsoever. Therefore people
would rather use poor quality BPs to craft things. Perhaps 50% or more deteriorated BPs should
People will go farming, because that is easier, and that's it.
Nerfing the way around blueprint is stupid, let's take an example: every alt/player got his pipboy, it reads blueprint and boom, it's added to the memory card or its, and you can craft.
The ability to get those blueprints should just get more coooler, dunno, rare blueprints witch 3 uses spawning in TC box each 2 hours (If you stand there for 2 hours for example), or in shops but for a higher price.
h

JovankaB

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 10:16:17 am »

I don't think anyone said anything about nerfing.

And I don't think you should be required to do "Town Control" PvP and then stand
for 2 hours in a town for a possibility to get promoted to a crafter of a random item.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 10:22:03 am by JovankaB »

Tomowolf

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 10:21:38 am »

And I don't think you should be required to do "Town Control" PvP and then stand
for 2 hours in a town for a possibility to get promoted to a crafter of a random item.
Then TC needs improvement, being honest, everything needs.

I don't think anyone said anything about nerfing.

Perhaps 50% or more deteriorated BPs should
That would be a nerf to crafting and quite disgusting.
h

JovankaB

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 10:38:07 am »

I didn't say anything how the items could be obtained, what would be numbers etc, so calling
it a "nerf" is jumping to conclusions. For example if I wanted to craft a Mega Power Fist and
there was nobody to sell a BP to me, I would have to probably spend the whole next month
on grinding boxes - or in case of your idea to join a PvP gang and keep idling in TC towns for
days, hoping for the best.

If instead a 20% deteriorated Blueprint to craft a dozen of 30-40% Mega Power Fist could
be found in shops and if I could also take a PvE mission that takes maybe an hour and
rewards you with a 100% blueprint of your choice - and I could craft 50x 100% MPF and
another 50x of deteriorated ones, I wouldn't exactly call it a "nerf". I think it's different mechanics
that reduces huge, boring, one-time-in-a-session grinds and still keeps those items desirable.

You really should stop with the "nerf" bullshit, If we change damage of weapon from 20 to 15
then you can legitimately call it "nerf" not if we make overhaul of whole system which makes
some things easier and some other harder and everything just different.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 10:40:06 am by JovankaB »

Tomowolf

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 10:39:52 am »

If instead a 20% deteriorated Blueprint to craft a dozen of 30-40% Mega Power Fist could
be found in shops and if I could also take a PvE mission that takes maybe an hour and
rewards you with a 100% blueprint of your choice - and I could craft 50x 100% MPF and
another 50x of deteriorated ones, I wouldn't exactly call it a "nerf". I think it's different mechanics
that reduces huge, boring, one-time-in-a-session grinds and still keeps those items desirable.

You really should stop with the "nerf" bullshit, If we change damage of weapon from 20 to 15
then you can legitimately call it "nerf" not if we make overhaul of whole system which makes
some things easier and some other harder.
Still, farming will be better option, or you'll have to "nerf" it :P.

Look, like 80% of players on the server don't care about weapons that aren't widely used, so searching for BP like Mega Power Fist or SCP is pointless, better go with other weapons, because of their availability on the encounters or PvE locations, And you says about crafting 30 - 40% equipment, please, I can take you for a NCR army farming site, in 30 minutes I get 10 sets of CAmk2 repaired up to 60%, few lsws, m60s and tons of fn fals and hunting rifles for almost free, just shooting at them with bg tank.
I can argument other encounters, like Unity, Super Mutant Remnants, Hubololo, Press Gang, VC patrol, Hub Patrol.
Everything you can get way faster, way more funnier, and way efficient than crafting, and you say about crafting detoriated shit, please, don't set me off.

I want to admit that I've been playing "crafters" way for over 2 years, and when the blueprint era came, it was so stupid and undone feature, that I had to move to the "farming" way which is just a lot better, deal with it or not, I don't know if you know how to farm and only way for you to get equipment is crafting.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 11:01:04 am by Tomowolf »
h
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2013, 11:04:36 am »

If those lesser BPs required lesser amount of materials to craft the desired items that would be good, otherwise don't even bother.

Tomowolf

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2013, 11:06:25 am »

If those lesser BPs required lesser amount of materials to craft the desired items that would be good, otherwise don't even bother.
Already crafting materials are enormous, you need quite same amount of mats to craft P90 as LSW, that's just hilarous.
h

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2013, 11:16:43 am »

Well maybe offtopic but...

Since crafting most of the expensive stuff is doable only via AWB, it should be transformed into factory machine and for crafting every single item should require certain amount of energy, which you can buy(with caps) right in the place or using MFC on the machine. This certain amount of energy would be influenced with your crafting skill(SG,EW,Repair...) aswell as complexity of crafting item. Quite good substitution for BP costs. Once you are skilled crafter you should be able to deal with Machine owners to gain crafting privilegie to craft certain items with free energy. They would distribute energy to machine every time you would need craft certain type of Weapon/armor...
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 11:19:03 am by greenthumb »

Tomowolf

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2013, 11:18:40 am »

Well maybe offtopic but...

Since crafting most of the expensive stuff is doable only via AWB, it should be transformed into factory machine and for crafting every single item should require certain amount of energy, which you can buy(with caps) right in the place or using MFC on the machine. This certain amount of energy would be influenced with your crafting skill(SG,EW,Repair...) aswell as complexity of crafting item. Quite good substitution for BP costs. Once you are skilled crafter you should be able to deal with Machnes owner to gain privilegie craft certain items with free energy. They would distribute energy to machine every time you would need craft certain type of Weapon/armor...
Only equipment you need to craft nowadays are Super Stimpaks, AP rockets, Tesla Armor/Tesla Helmet, 5mm ap ammo, 7.62 (can be easily farmed) .223 (can be easily farmed too).
And that's it, rest can be farmed.
The only thing detoriates there is Tesla Armor.
h
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 26 queries.