"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 09:40:00 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: An Idea for The Devs  (Read 8677 times)

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
Re: An Idea for The Devs
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2013, 05:34:08 pm »

I don't think I ever wrote about a place for yes-sayers. I meant a board for people who instead
of indulging in personal attacks (like you) give their feedback about features which are getting
implemented or planned by criticizing them in a polite, and more importantly - rational manner.

Wait, so pointing out that you deliberately engaged in trolling and now you're pushing to implement more or less the same thing I suggested is suddenly irrational and personal? Actually, I'd like you to point out a single instance of me posting a personal attack without a clearly defined and game-related line of argumentation to back it up. I've stated numerous times that whenever I criticize a devteam member, I criticize him or her as a dev, not as a human being. You're clearly unable to understand the difference here. What's more, you fail to live up to the standards you're talking about and it's actually pretty easy to provide examples of such behaviour on your part, so not only do you come off as being irrational, but also your posts sound downright hypocritical. You're talking about harsh moderation standards, yet you do nothing to keep your own responses civilized... and you have the audacity to attack people laughing at that. How low can you get?

When it comes to discussing game-related stuff, your posts are also incredibly biased. I mean you say that popular elections are unethical because the community might turn out being misrepresented while simultaneously implying that your arbitrary decisions would be somehow better in this regard. Care to explain how exactly would that work? Because, you know, the general idea of elections is all about having a proportional representation of each and every element of the playerbase, in the end how well that goal is achieved depends purely on the voting mechanics.

But then again who the hell cares about what people really think if we have Jovanka calling the shots? ;D
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 05:49:31 pm by Nice_Boat »

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2013, 05:38:39 pm »

Actually, I'd like you to point out a single instance of me posting a personal attack without a clearly defined and game-related line of argumentation to back it up.

This is the problem I mentioned earlier in this thread. A few people are able to hide their sniping in "polite" looking posts, which makes it hard for us to issue warnings / bans without looking like a dictatorship.

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2013, 05:58:02 pm »

This is the problem I mentioned earlier in this thread. A few people are able to hide their sniping in "polite" looking posts, which makes it hard for us to issue warnings / bans without looking like a dictatorship.

Are you sure you aren't mistaking being polite for approving of your actions or even some of you being on the devteam in general? Besides, there were numerous instances of devteam members being downright rude in their posts, what are you planning to do about that? Obviously you can ban anyone you want, but I think even some of those 20-odd regulars left might join the "sniping" crowd if that were to happen... and it'd be rather heartbreaking to ban the last few remaining supporters of your game, don't you think?
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2013, 09:03:10 pm »

The fact that some devs are responding in this thread and having a conversation with players seems like an improvement. Now if we can all just get over ourselves (devs, players, and even myself included) we can maybe get something good going.
"I am condemned without end." -Crovax
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2013, 10:21:46 pm »

Are you sure you aren't mistaking being polite for approving of your actions or even some of you being on the devteam in general? Besides, there were numerous instances of devteam members being downright rude in their posts, what are you planning to do about that? Obviously you can ban anyone you want, but I think even some of those 20-odd regulars left might join the "sniping" crowd if that were to happen... and it'd be rather heartbreaking to ban the last few remaining supporters of your game, don't you think?

Boat please stop, every post from you the past few days have been Jovan this and devs that. It's not helping anything and is making you look bad. As for the original point of this thread Lexx seems to have answered it. Now we just need it to happen.

Absolutely true. I would hammer the ban button like nobody else, but sadly many peeps are able to hide their insults under harmless looking posts and as soon as we ban & delete, the next ones will come and yell how we simply delete and ban everything we don't like to read.

Though, keep in mind: We are already deleting really shitty posts like madmen. The junkboard is like a huge brain tumor... Reading it makes you bleed out of your eyes and ears.

Anyway, I think everything worthwhile was said already now. The forum needs harsher moderation, the devs need to write more about what they are going to do and the forum folks need to tune down their insulting. If this place isn't fun to read in, then it isn't fun to work on the game and if it isn't fun to work on it, it's like a second job with shitty payment... nobody wants to do that.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 11:22:59 pm by Starner »

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2013, 10:37:28 pm »

Please don't forget about the part after what you've marked:

and the forum folks need to tune down their insulting.

Because nobody is going to open up, if everything is being trashed just a second later, or if the next three posts will be "the game is dead, just shut down the server!"

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2013, 11:15:26 pm »

I would hammer the ban button like nobody else, but sadly many peeps are able to hide their insults under harmless looking posts and as soon as we ban & delete, the next ones will come and yell how we simply delete and ban everything we don't like to read.

So ban those too! Look man, you have to get rid of the riff-raff or the environment only gets trashier.

The forum needs harsher moderation, the devs need to write more about what they are going to do and the forum folks need to tune down their insulting.

Trash-talking brats won't ever stop. I fully support banning whichever accounts here are irritating the game staff. I think it is a BIG mistake not to have already done this more rigorously: ban those casting insults, rage posts, all that crap. It's just immature garbage that should be removed, mainly by removing the people who do it. You do that, and then you could post dev stuff and you'd see more mature replies. See a few insults? Ban 'em. Next time there are fewer of those. Eventually, those 10 guys stop creating additional accounts and they move on to plague someone else's game and not this one. Because you know what...it's not just the staff that is irritated by the crap posts; it's many of the players too. I'm sure i'm not the only non-dev who'd like to see insulting members get blocked (and never post again).

Clean up the community and this project gets better. That means removing people. Let them eat some "forum is harsh" soup.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2013, 11:53:03 pm »

marko, so they'd have to ban everyone. everything can be considered as insult it only depends on person.

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2013, 11:55:08 pm »

I fully support banning whichever accounts here are irritating the game staff.

how about the game staff irritating players?

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,28895.15.html

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2013, 12:06:42 am »

No, they would not ban everyone. However, on a forum that might be mostly boiled down to just trolls, yes it might seem like most at first. But you start doing it, and some time later (if you keep it up) you end up with a cleaner crowd.

None of the game staff here seems to be tyrants in my opinion. The opposite really: they are too lenient. They do seem reasonable to me, but quiet (aka busy). So i bet their scrutiny is mature enough to do it right. They'd still allow worthy arguments and constructive criticism.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2013, 03:45:27 am »

Holy off fucking ypoic people...
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!

sHoW.

• Who do you think you are?
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2013, 06:03:53 am »

So ban those too! Look man, you have to get rid of the riff-raff or the environment only gets trashier.

What will happened if all of playas will have banned forum accounts?  Pointless.. If you will think about ban they ingame this server will die..
Im proud for my Country but shame on Salamander. If there will be NooB award he will have it.

BenKain

• Independent Developer
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2013, 08:03:27 am »

Seriously, what is the difference between:

Shit shoveling is an antiquated and overrated task, with little to no playable value. The experience gained from such a task is so small an amount that it can hardly be even considered for the purpose to which it was created, and the garnered caps are equally as laughable.

And

Shit Shoveling Sux

Both are valid points, the system is pointless and the time consumed to make the task was, in one posters opinion at least, wasted. How is this any less of a viable opinion than, "we love you jovankab, we love shit shoveling"? If you can't take a certain amount of negative criticism, especially in any even remotely artistic pursuit, than maybe all is lost after all.

Termap

• The King of Cleverness
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2013, 08:40:19 am »

Dear Devs,
you have to understand the most of community wanna play just PvP, because its  only one thing which will survive all time and gives them the most fun. So, I give you an idea and it is focus mainly on features around PvP and random elements in game (unexpected elements).

Everything around like crafting, farming, stealing, making new characters, getting exps, repairing, finding blueprints,... are only obstacles for us. So if has to be, then in a way where you dont lose the whole day just something boring, but you are able to gather stuff for all evening lets say until half hour, because a lot of stuff is needed every day. Also would be fine to have some better equipment as it was before the wipe (worse stuff means faster dying, faster dying means annoying and disinterest to play)

Sometimes is quite problematic to find some action after hours of hard work in game, so action/fun not need to be. And if you compare at the present the time spent in the game and enjoying the fun, its just annoying and sad.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 08:59:53 am by Termap »

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2013, 09:25:18 am »

how about the game staff irritating players?

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,28895.15.html

ok, i won't come back, i promise. and a promise is a promise.

Always the same, but big fun. :D Let's announce to never come back... to come back two weeks later.

Anyway, I'll guess this thread is finished. If someone thinks there is something very important, which requires the thread to be open again, send me a pm.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 18 queries.