"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 10:48:26 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: An Idea for The Devs  (Read 8679 times)

An Idea for The Devs
« on: May 03, 2013, 10:40:59 pm »

Recently the community has been saying "oh the devs suck." and "the devs are running this into the ground." so perhaps an easy fix is to post what will be worked on or implemented in the news section. Then listen to community input about planned features and actually take that into account.
Re: An Idea for The Devs
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 10:48:35 pm »

devs already clearly stated:

NO
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 10:52:09 pm »

I think we should let Jovanka respond.

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 11:06:13 pm »

she will put a "NO" before everything you say.
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 11:50:20 pm »

This isn't the first time this has been brought up.

So, question has already been answered.
Iguana Pete's sister

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 12:53:25 am »

Its called the suggestions board.
Whether they do it or not is another mstter.
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 02:11:47 am »

has any else noticed ever since jovanka became a "dev," the game started to become lame, boring, and no fun at all.

Also don't forget dying

I'm just assuming though
Back In-Game :D
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 06:47:39 am »

Recently the community has been saying "oh the devs suck." and "the devs are running this into the ground." so perhaps an easy fix is to post what will be worked on or implemented in the news section. Then listen to community input about planned features and actually take that into account.
Check this:
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/board,9.0.html
- The Hawks -

JovankaB

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 06:47:51 am »

has any else noticed ever since jovanka became a "dev," the game started to become lame, boring, and no fun at all.

Also don't forget dying

I'm just assuming though

We mention things that we work on or things that are todo on the forum sometimes.
But perhaps the post I quoted is a good example why this doesn't happen more...~

I'm afraid we would spend most of the time reading personal attacks, nonsense flames
and even outright insults than any useful feedback about upcoming stuff. If you would like
forum to be a place that has more influence, then in my opinion we would have to rigorously
ban people like S.T.A.L.K.E.R, who don't act in civil manner and hijack the discussion by
attacking people instead of commenting the ideas.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 07:06:00 am by JovankaB »
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 07:12:16 am »

We mention things that we work on or are todo on the forum sometimes.
But perhaps the post I quoted is a good example why this doesn't happen more...~

I'm afraid we would spend most of the time reading personal attacks, nonsense flames
and even outright insults than any useful feedback about upcoming stuff. If you would like
forum to be a place that has more influence, we would have to ban people like STALKER,
who don't act in civil manner and hijack discussion by attacking people instead of commenting
the ideas.

If you just posted what was being worked on without input that would be fine as well. Something needs to be done because it is a Friday and there are less than 20 people online as of this post and throughout the day less than 60. While on Tla there were around or over 200 throughout the day. I mean I love 2238 more than Tla, but Tla has expanded, and their crafting system is more fleshed out than 2238's. Also from what I can tell they have implemented player factions which was the one thing 2238 had over Tla back in the day. Something serious needs to happen or soon it won't matter if work in progress items get posted or not.

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 07:29:59 am »

If you just posted what was being worked on without input that would be fine as well.
This, by itself, would do more than a million player-influenced changes; the silence is defening, and scary.
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2013, 07:32:31 am »

2238 is terminally ill. All one can do is shed a few tears, remember the good times and move on.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2013, 09:00:21 am »

Recently the community has been saying "oh the devs suck." and "the devs are running this into the ground."

People say this since we released in 2009. :)

Additionally, Jovanka is right. As soon as we are posting something, someone will jump out of the bush, throwing around insults. And it is not my hobby to read insults.
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2013, 09:14:26 am »

People say this since we released in 2009. :)

Additionally, Jovanka is right. As soon as we are posting something, someone will jump out of the bush, throwing around insults. And it is not my hobby to read insults.

Would you rather read insults (which you don't have to do anyways), or lose players because you do not say what is being worked on. I love 2238 and I wish you guys would at minimum give the players (your server income) a clear list of what's going on. This is why many are moving to Tla, they feel that you guys don't listen to them. So please the next dev that answers provide a great reason as to why posting what is being worked on is bad, you don't even have to get input about what you are doing as long as it gets posted.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2013, 09:32:15 am »

(which you don't have to do anyways),

But you do, automatically. Everyone would, as it is hard to ignore.

About what is going on: Quite a few things are posted here and there on the forum. It's just that we don't have a big public list or something like that. Besides this, right now there is no straight target anyway. The active devs are - as far as I know - mainly trying to fix broken features and not add huge new ones.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.