"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 04:45:09 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Karma Dropping rate  (Read 9736 times)

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
Re: Karma Dropping rate
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2013, 05:22:44 pm »

1. I think we should make changes in obtaining BPs anyway, and maybe not only obtaining.
Not going to discuss it here now. Most people here are unable to think what's good for the
game, instead they think what's good for the situation they are in.

2. Even if we didn't make any changes in BPs, we can always wipe server in case of big
changes making many characters obsolete. Don't think this is the case though.

3. It's not even any argument. Even if we didn't wipe server, I see no reason to hold up
changes because someone has a character that is not suitable for stuff that improves game,
as long as it doesn't happen too often. Looking at this from your POV for some changes there
is never a good time, because someone just leveled a character or spent caps for something or w/e.
1. Waiting for it.
2. Not logical for me. (Again alt fest?)
3. Happend(sneak bursters, thieves), so true, but hybrids suck at level cap, played enough of them to give that argument, they cannot kill better npc than molerat and can't pvp with player more than bluesuit with old shovel.
h

JovankaB

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2013, 05:32:53 pm »

hybrids suck at level cap, played enough of them to give that argument, they cannot kill better npc than molerat

Sorry but that's plain bullshit. Unless you make a hybrid with all professions and lockpick, perhaps.

We talk about instanced dungeon not small encounter map where 12 NPCs run at you at the same time.
It's just a matter of making difficulty level and the maps right.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 05:37:31 pm by JovankaB »

Tomowolf

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2013, 05:43:47 pm »

Sorry but that's plain bullshit. Unless you make a hybrid with all professions and lockpick, perhaps.
That's not plain bullshit, most of npcs got too high stats, so hybrids got squished.

It's just a matter of making proper maps and scripting AI which would take the time to grow children of my children up.
h

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2013, 05:49:05 pm »

, but hybrids suck at level cap, played enough of them to give that argument
Obviously you haven't.
If designed well a hybrid can be both useful in pve/pvp and be able to take up to 2 professions or just be lockpicker.

An ew sniper hybrid can take care of most NPCs.

Tomowolf

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2013, 05:51:10 pm »

An ew sniper hybrid can take care of most NPCs.
If you get proper gear, sure with laser rifle you'll just fast shot 'em out.
Crap about pvp is not true and will never be, since everyone who want's to PVP uses powerbuilds, and you'll just die like nub by crit/too much dmg/rock into eye.
Sure it can take up to two professions and be lockpicker, but it won't be good at anything there.
The minimaxing thing is the wrong in this game, that's why it'll never work.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 05:55:52 pm by Tomowolf »
h

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2013, 05:52:41 pm »

Oh shit.

As alternative for GR and PK trap, id say, good idea, but for replacement of GR, please no. Mining HQ mats is dangerous enough. Id take boring grind anytime. Being excited at prospect of losing the results of dangerous work isnt my way, im sorry.
I agree. My miner doesn't fear the gecko mines, except for the fire gecko, but partly becaue he burns through 100 or more shells each time he goes in there, and then it's still BARELY worth it.

I still go with the "loose karma for use and pay a fee just to loose that karma" answer. It seems the fairest solution, and the most realisitc.
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!

Mike Crosser

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2013, 05:55:24 pm »

since everyone who want's to PVP uses powerduils
Sadly this is true,since the laser rifle snipers have been nerfed.

Tomowolf

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2013, 05:56:19 pm »

Sadly this is true,since the laser rifle snipers have been nerfed.
They got not nerfed, but SG got bigger range, and that's why it's winning.
h

Mike Crosser

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2013, 06:02:08 pm »

They got not nerfed
I remember very clearly a changelog where players posted screenshots of either how weak the criticals were or how the damage in general was low for the laser rifle.
Some time after the last wipe.

Tomowolf

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2013, 06:05:29 pm »

I remember very clearly a changelog where players posted screenshots of either how weak the criticals were or how the damage in general was low for the laser rifle.
Some time after the last wipe.
They got great damage, you just need right perks :-) (even better than sniper rifle's damage) but work for snipers had overally changed-  by making it more support, and if you knew, headshots give now more ko/s than eye shots.
h

Mike Crosser

« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2013, 06:17:05 pm »

anyone knows, what happen with the laser crits??now, my crits do 30 50 of damage when i do a crit, and bypass of 60... the damage was nerfed?
I was referring to this.
But I haven't exactly used the LR since then.So I guess it was changed?

Tomowolf

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2013, 06:19:37 pm »

I was referring to this.
But I haven't exactly used the LR since then.So I guess it was changed?
Depends on helmet, enemy's luck, your luck, your crit chance (biggest roll), AND the most usable thing now, RbtE perk - which gives huge boost, getting more damage wasn't even that fun.
(I've got my sniper with that perk, on combat helmet doing 150+ dmg in head when good crit goes in, when just a normal then its 70 -80 dmg)
h

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2013, 06:55:15 am »

Jovanka... Just do what you want, you're a developer. You decide whether you listen to players or let them deal with it. Remember that players think not about the game, but about what the game have them to offer. Its egoism. Its normal. We don't want work more than being entertained. You're somewhat stuck to "more challenges" for players and always count on addicted ones who will swallow it down. I wont fall in offensive rhetorics, i truly don't want to have a reason to.

If you want us to pay, fine, go ahead. But then, we want another way to earn caps! If the entrance fee is supposed to be 1000 caps, as the worst case, let us do fetch quests around the map. 250 caps there, 250 caps here. This will be, i hope, enough entertainment for you.

The we can decide whether we pay, bore ourselves to death with fetch quests or participate on your amazing PvE instanced map adventure. Give us a choice instead of forcing upon us what's good for the game or not. Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 07:02:25 am by Alvarez »

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2013, 06:59:12 am »

Excuse please the mess, i have to work in few minutes and the phone failed me to formatting text.

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2013, 07:24:36 am »

Excuse please the mess, i have to work in few minutes and the phone failed me to formatting text.
Really.... So it's not just me you're saying.  :P
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.