"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 03:04:08 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Karma Dropping rate  (Read 9734 times)

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
Re: Karma Dropping rate
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2013, 03:05:47 am »

I have never crafted at gunrunners and every time I craft at any of the unsecured locations I don't die. If you want 100% securey in a location like gunruuners you should have to work to do that.
My idea is simple instead karma decreasing over time(like now) it will decrease every time the player goes into the factory to craft(when you talk to the guy) so it does decrease but only when you use the factory. 
Roaming the waste again.

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2013, 03:19:16 am »

That seems a little more fair.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2013, 06:13:35 am »

That would mean, to get reputation with GR, you'll have to make more deliveries. Or make players get little crafting quests from Gunrunners. You receive materials from the foreworker, cant exit the location, craft stuff and give it to him back. When you put it on the ground, it remains there and can only be picked by members of Gunrunners and the quest is failed.

Also, people saying "hello %username%" would be nice.

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2013, 06:54:56 am »

how implausible to kill a PK with a crafter...
Done it.
I like fallout dudes idea, but I'm also willing to pay a modest fee for the workbench (to avoid abuse).
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 06:57:59 am by the underground »
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2013, 10:31:43 am »

I have never crafted at gunrunners and every time I craft at any of the unsecured locations I don't die. If you want 100% securey in a location like gunruuners you should have to work to do that.
My idea is simple instead karma decreasing over time(like now) it will decrease every time the player goes into the factory to craft(when you talk to the guy) so it does decrease but only when you use the factory. 
^This.
Because:
1.Makes sense
2.Reduces grind
3.Makes it sligthly more accessible

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2013, 11:19:24 am »

yeah fdudes idea is much better, since it would affect only GR reputation balance related to crafting, not global reputation system.

JovankaB

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2013, 12:10:52 pm »

I don't really like the idea of grinding (let's face it, driving those boxes to SF is pure boring grind) to be able to craft HQ stuff. I would replace it with adv workbench at the end of instanced PvE dungeon. Hard enough to make hybrid character sweat a bit, but still worth coming to if you don't want to risk meeting PKs, which for such lone character is almost certain death.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 12:15:04 pm by JovankaB »

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2013, 01:08:25 pm »

I don't really like the idea of grinding (let's face it, driving those boxes to SF is pure boring grind) to be able to craft HQ stuff. I would replace it with adv workbench at the end of instanced PvE dungeon. Hard enough to make hybrid character sweat a bit, but still worth coming to if you don't want to risk meeting PKs, which for such lone character is almost certain death.
Crafting will then become stupidly hard.
So either make the highest tier gear available ONLY from crafting so it's worth to try or just do what fdude suggested.

Alvarez

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2013, 01:45:56 pm »

Oh shit.

As alternative for GR and PK trap, id say, good idea, but for replacement of GR, please no. Mining HQ mats is dangerous enough. Id take boring grind anytime. Being excited at prospect of losing the results of dangerous work isnt my way, im sorry.

JovankaB

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2013, 02:00:17 pm »

Oh shit.

As alternative for GR and PK trap, id say, good idea, but for replacement of GR, please no. Mining HQ mats is dangerous enough. Id take boring grind anytime. Being excited at prospect of losing the results of dangerous work isnt my way, im sorry.

Then maybe you should pay Gunrunners for using the workbench instead of hauling cases to SF,
because it's really dumb job in my opinion, it's safe and fast (just repeatable and boring) and this
is not what Adv.WB should be about IMO. So there would be 3 ways:

1) you pay Gunrunners each time you want to access their guarded Adv.WB
2) 1-character instances where you fight your way through against mobs to access an Adv.WB
3) Unguarded locations with Adv.WB where anyone can come and PK you

I think there should be safe alternatives to most things but they can't be the most efficient.
They should be more like long time investment that rewards your persistence in farming.
For example plants in bases could grow slowly giving steady profit over time, if you water them
regularly. But visitng a garden in public location would give you much more than just waiting
for stuff to grow in your base.

If safe stuff is as good as unsafe (and it often was better, for whatever reason - most likely because
nobody paid attention to this), then unsafe stuff loses any sense. What's important to note is that
encounters ARE in fact very safe places, except a few squares when server is full of players.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 02:29:01 pm by JovankaB »

Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2013, 02:26:37 pm »

It's not unsafe if server is empty.
Favorite forum posters:
Mike Crosser, the underground

JovankaB

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2013, 02:33:54 pm »

Thanks captain obvious, I wait for more of your valuable input.

With small pop. chances to get PKed are smaller, but it takes one sneaker
to make unguarded place unsafe, at least for a lone crafter. So it doesn't
require large population at all to feel unsafe in those places.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 02:44:06 pm by JovankaB »

xsarq

• You Can't Kill What's Already Dead
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2013, 03:00:42 pm »

This suggestion is just so wrong in so many ways.

There is no way lossing materials can be fun in any way. Making us do the dungeon in order to craft is a missfire. Crafter usually aren`t capable of good fight and we put a lot of time in getting blueprints on those chars so in the end:

1) I`ll have to drive my crafter on multilog (which suucks)
OR
2) I`ll have to ask for help (which also sucks, i like crafting alone and there is no reason i woud NEED a friend to craft.

I`m not going to endanger my materials by going to unguarded workbench, also i`m not going to train new combat oriented crafter and waste live on gettning new blueprints.

I just want to craft in peace ffs.
Scamers: Grimmi
Beware of trading with this person.

Alvarez

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2013, 03:14:11 pm »

I thought there was a choice between spending time and risk to lose. Agreed, players can earn their access quite fast with a car, but is that a reason to just nerf it at once? It would be more elegant to turn this workaround in a challenge...

JovankaB

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2013, 05:19:24 pm »

This suggestion is just so wrong in so many ways. (...) I just want to craft in peace ffs.

From what I read it's wrong only in that you probaly ate BPs with some wheel-chair
kind of character unable to do PvE and that you find paying the Gunrunners for ability
to craft high tier stuff in peace unappealing. I'm not really sure why, because there
are various ways to get caps (although there should be more ways to earn caps efficiently,
no doubt), and the price can be easily adjusted to any value until we feel it's right but there
is only one way to haul suitcases and it's always boring as fuck.

Your  "I would have to make new character" argument is pointless because:

1. I think we should make changes in obtaining BPs anyway, and maybe not only obtaining.
Not going to discuss it here now. Most people here are unable to think what's good for the
gameplay, instead they think what's good for the situation they are in or their style of play
that they got used to. Understandable, but maybe that's why you don't see devs discussing
here too often.

2. Even if we didn't make any changes in BPs, we can always wipe server in case of big
changes making many characters obsolete. Don't think this is the case though.

3. It's not even any argument. Even if we didn't wipe server, I see no reason to hold up
changes because someone has a character that is not suitable for stuff that improves game,
as long as it doesn't happen too often. Looking at this from your POV for some changes there
is never a good time, because someone just leveled a character or spent caps for something or w/e.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 05:29:46 pm by JovankaB »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 26 queries.