"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 12:10:49 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Step Up And Dance With The Players  (Read 14623 times)

avv

Re: Step Up And Dance With The Players
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2013, 04:33:35 pm »

That's a good reason for the devs to focus their efforts on enabling all players to participate in social activities instead of tinkering with shit shoveling mechanics, 2532th crafting overhaul, 32524th PvP balance change (that ultimately leads to more imbalance because that's what happens when people who don't PvP try balancing PvP), 124235th mining overhaul and an attempt to redesign the game's trademark take on SPECIAL system that worked amazingly well for three effin' years... the list just goes on and on. How to make this game more social again? See the OP.

Okay, listen to community. But who should the devs listen?
I know some guys from big gangs who demand that best stuff needs to be obtained through teamwork or pvp. But nessies will not do that. And how can someone get the best stuff in first place if you need to do pvp to get it and to do pvp you need best stuff.
Nessies themselves suggest insignificant things like new skins. Players are supposed to have the answers for devs, but they aren't provided. You can't just say that "increase player interaction", you have to represent a detailed suggestion without obvious flaws that at least outweights its downsides with its beneficial sides.

Instead of promising to do that, I see juvenile attempts at talking smack and JovankaB defending a design choice that's almost universally hated by players who did socialize and that basically caused them to leave the game. This kind of response from the devs is nothing short of amazing, really.

If you knew the events in gang scene past few months you'd know better why they left.

Agreed, but not as fast as getting them from unsafe places. The competitive way should be the most profitable, or the whole competition turns into grind + pointless shooter. But it's not like you can't get them in any other way now.

Yes this is good direction. High risk, high rewards as long as the same rewards can be obtained in safer ways too.
Some guy from big gang would demand that stuff should only be obtained through teamwork by pwning some other team. But fact is that if some big team plants its presence in an important location, only way for many people is to wait until they leave. This benefits no-one.

you can buy SS from other players, there is plenty of offers.

People who sell tons of ss aren't pvp players and they either have gathered their hoards before the nerf or exploited the lack of danger that's caused by lack of players. You see pvp players don't sell ss.

Nerfing SS would be another way to solve it. Just make carrying 20 SS make little sense.

The thing that makes superstims good item is that without them you can't do pvp. It's like reverse ammo: ammo deals damage, stims heal it. Would you nerf ammo? I think not, so don't nerf superstims.
It sorts out trolls from players because everyone loots superstims always. If you carry something that's worth looting, you can't be called a troll.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 04:42:34 pm by avv »
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

JovankaB

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2013, 04:43:33 pm »

Well about camping craft places, you can craft in various places. Although in case of drugs it still is a bit of pain, because of how those terminals are placed, if we add one or 2 more terminals no gang can camp all of them, especially that merc auto-attack was removed. Who added 2nd terminal? Oh wait, it was me. Bark bark bark.

Ultimately it would be better to modify maps to make it possible to attack campers.

Keep going Nice_Boat, you amuse me greatly. But at least I can discuss with avv and even DeputyDope (at least he tries).
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 04:50:24 pm by JovankaB »

avv

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2013, 04:59:08 pm »

Well about camping craft places, you can craft in various places. Although in case of drugs it still is a bit of pain, because of how those terminals are placed, if we add one or 2 more terminals no gang can camp all of them, especially that merc auto-attack was removed. Who added 2nd terminal? Oh wait, it was me. Bark bark bark.

But now you're contradicting with the original plan: "Players need to risk to craft superstims" but then you want to reduce the risk by adding more locations. You see there's no option as "Let's hope I don't get pk'd this time" because players refuse to play along with this sort of settings. This means over-cautious activities like bluesuit scouting.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2013, 05:03:38 pm »

Okay, listen to community. But who should the devs listen?
I know some guys from big gangs who demand that best stuff needs to be obtained through teamwork or pvp. But nessies will not do that. And how can someone get the best stuff in first place if you need to do pvp to get it and to do pvp you need best stuff.
Nessies themselves suggest insignificant things like new skins. Players are supposed to have the answers for devs, but they aren't provided. You can't just say that "increase player interaction", you have to represent a detailed suggestion without obvious flaws that at least outweights its downsides with its beneficial sides.

I think you missed the part about a body of elected players being the platform for discussing those issues. I don't blame you, it's easy to forget what the initial suggestion was after certain devs trolled the hell out of this thread.

If you knew the events in gang scene past few months you'd know better why they left.

I'm currently sitting on my TS with my teammates and I know well what's been going on and why they left. I mean those guys can speak for themselves and they all made their position clear, there really is very little room for interpretation here.

Keep going Nice_Boat, you amuse me greatly. But at least I can discuss with avv and even DeputyDope (at least he tries).

Thread derailed and she's proud of herself. Dev-troll best troll.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 05:06:21 pm by Nice_Boat »

JovankaB

« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2013, 05:09:08 pm »

Thread started to make some sense. It derailed indeed.

But now you're contradicting with the original plan: "Players need to risk to craft superstims" but then you want to reduce the risk by adding more locations.

You still risk, even if you go to a location that isn't obviously blocked by 10 apes
with mercenaries. But if your organize 3-4 armed people to mine or craft together,
heck - even 2 people, the risk is much smaller, because you are unlikely to get
bursted in back by some grease gun sneaker or just a lucky loner. Of course there
is some excitement, someone can always come etc. Stealing in encounters is just
grind, grind, grind, done alone with ridiculous one-purpose alts.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 05:17:11 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2013, 05:28:43 pm »

Funny, Jovanka, you actually follow one of Boat's suggestions :) (in a way)

avv

« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2013, 05:38:27 pm »

Thread started to make some sense. It derailed indeed.

You still risk, even if you go to a location that isn't obviously blocked by 10 apes
with mercenaries. But if your organize 3-4 armed people to mine or craft together,
heck - even 2 people, the risk is much smaller, because you are unlikely to get
bursted in back by some grease gun sneaker or just a lucky loner. Of course there
is some excitement, someone can always come etc.

Noobs camp. Pros monitor locations with sneak, hide their numbers and spawn when it suits them.
If the whole feature of unsafe crafting is based on the fact that you either get pk'd or don't it's not very tempting. I don't know what you mean by risking but in my book it means that you have a chance to outmatch whatever might be after you. And in this game players outmatch each other with correct characters and gear, after which skill and strategies can be discussed. So if I need to deal with someone through pvp, it means I've got to prepare for pvp. That means I need the right items (gear + stims) and right character (pvp character). You can't suggest any optional ways if it's not the best way. That's because my opponent is using the best ways against me. So there can't be any talk about "hurr you can still pvp with hybrid".

Another thing are the maps, which aren't very suitable at this moment. When it comes to entering a location, it's matter of life and death. Upon spawning, you might be spotted and spawned on immediately which usually means certain death. When entering up or down ladders, you might die immediately without any chance to affect your destiny. Not very welcoming, encourages over-cautious procedures.
Increasing the terminals might reduce the chance that such fate falls on you, but what the actual problem is that when you get in trouble you just die. I don't care if I had to pvp every time I went crafting, what matters is that the settings are welcoming.

« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2013, 05:50:23 pm »

monitor locations
It's still camping no matter what euphemism you use.

avv

« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2013, 06:02:52 pm »

It's still camping no matter what euphemism you use.

It's just that camping can also mean 5 guys staring at preview, showing off what they got. The point is that with sneak you deny everyone the information that location is camped.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2013, 05:06:19 am »

Like I said elsewhere, game isnt worse than it was before. Its definitely better, but the content added is insignificant. Thats why people get bored and leave the game for something more entertaining - like TLAmk2. This ongoing witchhunt and pointing out the obvious is good just for one thing.

On a side note, SS are a must in current meta. If you want to reduce them, you might wanna introduce better mechanics (SS cd, healing over time, larger hp pools, better FA).
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2013, 09:49:34 am »

2238 was always bad, it's just it never had any competition until now.
Favorite forum posters:
Mike Crosser, the underground
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.