"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 13, 2024, 04:53:18 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New Special Encounter?  (Read 3294 times)

New Special Encounter?
« on: April 15, 2013, 05:20:57 pm »

There are some nuca-cola on the ground, and a locked box, but I have no lockpick skill so cant open it >:(.

JovankaB

Re: New Special Encounter?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 11:48:16 pm »

I will probably decrease lock complexity. Stuff inside isn't outstanding so don't worry, it's just more nuka colas.
The box is locked to prevent player easily grabbing things and running from centaur.

manero

• FO:Reloaded
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 12:39:40 am »

The box is locked to prevent player easily grabbing things and running from centaur.

Ever time i read something like that, i start to think.. Whats wrong with you. ;-)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 04:55:06 am »

why the hell are the new special encounters needing lockpickers?? its just stupid
Back In-Game :D

JovankaB

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 06:51:15 am »

why the hell are the new special encounters needing lockpickers?? its just stupid

They don't need them. In this one a character with mediocre lockpick just gets a little more of the same thing.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 10:10:32 am by JovankaB »

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 07:18:29 am »

The don't need them. In this one a character with mediocre lockpick just gets a little more of the same thing.
And how many chars except lockpickers do you think have mediocre lockpick skill?

manero

• FO:Reloaded
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 09:21:22 am »

And how many chars do you think have mediocre lockpick skill?

Failed chars. Jovanka again fail in developing.
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 06:25:49 am »

Failed chars. Jovanka again fail in developing.
She just said she's gonna change it And how do you guys respond?..yeah..like that. Sorry but for the first time on this forum i got a bit irritated at reading the responses.

C'mon now, , i understand people are angry at developers because they feel as they are not listening, but then should we not be the bigger man (or woman in your case?) and be a just a tad nicer, especially when they admit a little to having to change something they implemented. I mean, I remember I asked normaly about the companion helmets not being changable.....BAM update. Helmets now changable for companion

I'll probably get a goofy/angry response for saying this, go figure, just don't. I only asked that we be a bit nicer about it all when they say they will probbaly fix it.
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 09:01:48 am »

Maybe the idea is to slowly introduce things that will be good for dilettante RP types instead of most of everything being for min-maxers.

Carry a radio and have a lockpicker drop a caravan cart on Special Encounters when detected?

Can you still radio for an alt that you have to fast-relog to?

Oh! Put a key on the Centaur corpse.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 09:03:25 am by Swinglinered »
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2013, 09:32:45 am »

Oh! Put a key on the Centaur corpse.
This.
Plain and simple .Lockpickers can lockpick the container and fighting chars can kill the damn thing.
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2013, 09:34:40 am »

This.
Plain and simple .Lockpickers can lockpick the container and fighting chars can kill the damn thing.

agreed +1

Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2013, 10:08:27 am »

Who's gonna even try to loot a centaur?
Favorite forum posters:
Mike Crosser, the underground
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2013, 10:10:24 am »

She just said she's gonna change it And how do you guys respond?..yeah..like that. Sorry but for the first time on this forum i got a bit irritated at reading the responses.

changing lockpick % for example from 200 to 100 doesn't change anything. people create 300% LP chars or they don't put a single point in it.

JovankaB

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2013, 10:23:32 am »

changing lockpick % for example from 200 to 100 doesn't change anything. people create 300% LP chars or they don't put a single point in it.

Ye ye, but this is because there is almost no lockers with guaranteed small complexity. So there you go - now you have one such locker (although complexity is indeed a bit too high, will be lower on next update). I think we should have plenty of those, with stuff that isn't extraordinary valuable but nice bonuses or lockpicking makes it easier to do something. For example in Old Warehouse special encounter you don't have to pick any lock either, but if you do you don't have to fight some of the molerats. In fact you don't have to fight the molerats at all, you just have to be very quick in grabbing key to the vehicle but it's quite difficult because you can get surrounded easily and it's hidden. But it IS possible. That's what I call fun, not picking up expensive items from ground. If you don't agree, I don't give a fuck. Just run to grid when you see my special encounter, no big deal.

Beside like I said there in this one there is just some extra nukas inside the box, you can leave the encounter with 12 bottles even if you don't pick the lock. I see no problem. If you minimax and then cry because can't do anything else except shooting and miss out some tiny bonuses, I don't give a fuck. If you make a character that can't fight and you get special encounter with enemies, I don't give a fuck. So far from my special encos you can always get something without fighting, it's just more difficult than if you are armed.

Other thing is that lockpicking should be reworked, because waiting 2 minutes for every usage of this skill is not very fun.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 10:44:31 am by JovankaB »

Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2013, 10:41:05 am »

If you minimax and then cry because can't do anything else except shooting and miss out some tiny bonuses, I don't give a fuck. If you make a character that can't fight and you get special encounter with enemies, I don't give a fuck.
Okay! From now I will always travel quadraple logged with chars that have every skill possible maxed in case I get in an encounter that might require 300% lockpick, 200% BG, 150% Speech or 200% repair.

Min-maxing is your fault, not players'. You make skills worthless if they don't reach 300% mark. 300% lockpick, 300% steal, 300% sneak AND STILL FAIL - sounds familiar? No? I thought so.
Favorite forum posters:
Mike Crosser, the underground
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 25 queries.