"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 12, 2024, 04:43:30 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Your most annoying moments of FOnline!  (Read 5287 times)

Bulldog

• Just some random noob.
Re: Your most annoying moments of FOnline!
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2013, 08:16:53 pm »

Hear my voice of reason : Wiping is the only measure that could increase the online. No wipe really killed the joy for me as for now.
English is not my native language, go easy on me.
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2013, 06:21:33 pm »

I'm sad when I see what was made out of once a very successful fonline faction mod. As long as old devs were working on the project and the game was wiped few times per year, it was still moving forward somehow (not that all changes were perfect). I've seen many (and I mean it: indeed a big number of people) players quitting despite their interest in the game and devs not giving a slightest shit about it. I've seen those remaining who played this game no matter what, leaving 2238 in last weeks. I don't even have to enter the game to see it, what I see on teamspeak server is enough for me. And what I see there? Much less people than it used to be there, and NO ONE playing 2238. Those that still play fonline are playing tla mk2 or requiem.

Fixes are always welcome, but so-called "SS nerf" is one of the things that should come along with a server wipe. If jovanka leaves, then she could at least take her idler/predator bullshit and few others with her.

What this server lacks is a vision of what it should be and what is it going to be. Maybe there was a vision in 2009 or even in 2010, but certainly not later. I guess it was supposed to be a faction mod, but after 2010 hardly anything was made for factions. Even tla mk2 (which has it's big flaws) has a system allowing to manage faction that is light years before 2238, also automated namecolorizing, small icons for faction members. Geez, there is not even any schedule for wipes while it's pretty clear they should happen at least few times per year, so what the fuck did you expect?

The show of arrogance has it's limits. You were acting like players were your enemies, now deal with an empty server.

This is so well put. The devs for 2238 have and always will continue to believe that they are infallible and that any complaint is due to player incompetence. They hold themselves so highly that when THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY complains about something (wipes) the devs just look down their noses at the forums as if it is a playpen full of crying babies. When in actuality the players know what the fuck they are talking about. When the majority of the player base is better at the game than the dev team, you have problems.

What you've said here, Kilgore, is spot on. I also, like anyone with common sense, have moved to TLA mk2. What are you're character names? I will make sure to not shoot them on sight :)
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2013, 06:51:37 pm »

its not annoying, but i am just sad everybody used to cry about SS nerf. But nobody tried to even craft them... Now when Jovanka left we will have less crap updates, but even significantly less updates at all. This might be actualy reason why server would might die. Players will keep whinning no matter what is made or not. Its  behaviour of the playerbase, iam not sure if its even playerbase becouse most of these guys left the game but keep whining on forums.

TOtally agree, SS is now so easy to craft, i have now really more that i need.. Anyone here have a lot of caps and can buy bio med gel , xander root and flower is so easy to gathering. So Stimpack is very easy to craft, and SS too because we can now find a lot of chems and biomed gel is available to the doc.

People dont really cry because SS-nerf, but just because people on fonline is never happy.

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2013, 06:57:53 pm »

TOtally agree, SS is now so easy to craft, i have now really more that i need.. Anyone here have a lot of caps and can buy bio med gel , xander root and flower is so easy to gathering. So Stimpack is very easy to craft, and SS too because we can now find a lot of chems and biomed gel is available to the doc.

People dont really cry because SS-nerf, but just because people on fonline is never happy.
I hope you don't man Super Stimpacks, becasue crafting those was a critical part of my overall plan..... :o :o :o
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2013, 07:01:28 pm »

I would really appreciated game, made by gamers for gamers. But till now its just created by slavers for slaves, full of boredom and poor fun (hard to reach). Enjoy your server, we have already own.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 07:05:21 pm by McBorn »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 20 queries.