"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 20, 2024, 03:05:21 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Three things (and counting):  (Read 19477 times)

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
Re: Three things:
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2013, 05:10:21 pm »

WTF i just read?

my exact reaction to all of underground's posts.

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2013, 06:19:54 pm »

By the way, can we have a "put your clothes down, we need to talk" option for slaves?
Your'e being sarcastic aren't you? :/
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2013, 06:54:12 pm »

Your'e being sarcastic aren't you? :/

I wanted to.
But then, they are your slaves, why cant you tell them to sleep with you? Give them a shag instead of Jet. Gives -30 HP, Weakened status and some loyality points.

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2013, 09:59:51 pm »

No, I meant in general.

Alvarez

« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2013, 06:00:05 am »

No, I meant in general.

No, its just my avatar looking smug.

I use sarcasm sometimes, but not all the time.

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2013, 06:49:55 am »

No, its just my avatar looking smug.

I use sarcasm sometimes, but not all the time.
Oh. Ok.

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2013, 05:54:50 pm »

Allow brahmin carts to be hitched to cars. They msy not go as fast, and deterioration may increase (a "smidge" they already deteriorate at an unrealistic rate), but ya. I hate brahmin, too hard to keep hold of.

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2013, 06:16:21 pm »

RV's: A hybrid of Safe House and Car, the RV is a vehicle that you can actually go into, with a workbench and tool board in place of a "trunk" per se, and with the room ot add more storage items (those craptastic crates or whatever) if you want, AND it can be locked.
To move the rv, "use" the front of the vehicle, to get in, "use" the back door; anyone around your rv when it's parked gets the protection of being inside a camp, but anyone around the vehicle when it moves away looses that protection, and is essentially out on the wastes.

Example:
Adam logs in, goes to your RV, but doesn't get in before logging out. Brenda, not realizing or not caring, moves the RV, leaving Adam stranded out on the wastes. Oopsie-daisies. Worse, since Adam wasn't with the rv when it parked again, he won't know where it is until he gets a map.
Alternate senario: Adam WAS in the RV when Brenda moved it; Now he's not stranded out on the wastes, AND he already knows where it is without the map.

Expand tattoos to allow more charaters; to allow you to "describe" in basic detail, to control where they go (head, forhead, back and sides of neck, upper/lower arms, left/right breast, upper/lower back, stomach, upper/lower legs, hands, knuckles, amybe more areas), and that if you get one, other players will see it if they curos over you.

Guntruck: A normal vehicle modified with a very heavy gun and rocket launcher in the back. You would drive it as normal, but to use the gun you cursor over the gun itself, "use" it, then the red targetting recitcle comes up. Requires big guns skill to use. Repairring the vehcile reapirs all of it's components (yes, including the guns).

« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2013, 06:28:00 pm »

REALLY T.U., stop doubleposting.. Its not a hard thing to edit a post.
Maybe rename this thread for a beginning to something like "random suggestion collection".  It has become way more than "three things" ;D

Guntruck: A normal vehicle modified with a very heavy gun and rocket launcher in the back. You would drive it as normal, but to use the gun you cursor over the gun itself, "use" it, then the red targetting recitcle comes up. Requires big guns skill to use.
This one I like somehow :)
I'd suggest that the gun has to be manned in some way, like walking up to it, use and then character model switches to standing at the gun and the gun appears in characters item slots like a normal weapon. A mounted Minigun would draw its ammo from the cars trunk.

the underground

• very grumpy bear
Re: Three things (and counting):
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2013, 07:30:23 pm »

I havnt double posted (in this thread). ???
Ya, I thought of the manning thing too, but decided to go easy on the devs. Its a big enough job as is, but if they just do it anyways so much the better. As to the rest, I hadnt really thought of that, but it is a good idea.

« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2013, 07:47:10 pm »

I havnt double posted (in this thread). ???

Uhmm..no you didn't. In fact...

Ya, I thought of the manning thing too, but decided to go easy on the devs. Its a big enough job as is, but if they just do it anyways so much the better. As to the rest, I hadnt really thought of that, but it is a good idea.
I hope you realize suggestions board is not writing a wishlist to santa. Most of the things suggested might not even be looked at, especially when they are presented in this fashion of throwing tons of different things in one unstructured thread. Still fun to dream and discuss what might and might not be..
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 07:51:32 pm by BLDYMSS »

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2013, 08:01:56 pm »

Well, they were wholly seperate thoughts on separate days. Editing one post with everything means things will get missed ("oh I read that already").
And ya, it IS a wishlist; Santas never given me everything I asked for, and I accept that, even if the devs wanted to do everything "I" or "we" want theyde still have to prioritize what's most important, least important, etc. When all 4 of my kids are clamoring for something I have to priorize who gets what when.......

« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2013, 08:18:41 pm »

Well, they were wholly seperate thoughts on separate days. Editing one post with everything means things will get missed ("oh I read that already").
It's better to keep suggestions separate, in own threads with titles, that make clear what the suggestion is about.
Collecting-ideas-threads should be named as such and not "three things" and they should at least keep collecting ideas in a specific field like for example "new quest ideas" or "ideas for cool new items" or "new cars". That way it is easier on the devs to read and understand.

And ya, it IS a wishlist; Santas never given me everything I asked for, and I accept that, even if the devs wanted to do everything "I" or "we" want theyde still have to prioritize what's most important, least important, etc. When all 4 of my kids are clamoring for something I have to priorize who gets what when.......
4 Kids, that's a lot of work. I respect and definetly don't envy you for managing such a hoard ;)
About priorizing.. It's cool that you have so many ideas, wether they are doable or not. Instead of spouting every single idea out as as it comes to your mind, why not collect them for a while first and when you have 1 or 2 pages full of them sort them a bit, rethink them some more and then post them in a structured, readable manner? On a computer maybe, if smartphone is such a bitch on your typing?

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2013, 01:13:14 am »

'Cause I forget them. Bayonets was 'supposed' to go up a week before it did, but I was in class and by the time I could do it I'd forgotten about it.

It's better to keep suggestions separate, in own threads with titles, that make clear what the suggestion is about.
Collecting-ideas-threads should be named as such and not "three things" and they should at least keep collecting ideas in a specific field like for example "new quest ideas" or "ideas for cool new items" or "new cars".
Ya, but then I spam the board with new threads every few days; now I'm only spamming one thread. ;)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 02:04:55 am by the underground »

Alvarez

« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2013, 01:19:56 am »

but I was in class

my 4 kids

Hmm...
Boy, thats either you're quite a young father or what classes are you attending again?

So, i think the 2238 needs more realistic hookers in Reno. Not just Wasteland clothing but something more daring.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 01:31:29 am by Alvarez »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 16 queries.