"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 13, 2024, 07:45:00 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: Changelog 2/04/2013  (Read 59055 times)

Re: Changelog 2/04/2013
« Reply #165 on: April 05, 2013, 09:27:33 pm »

Good luck in finding that anyone.
That anyone is called Benkain :)

This update, le coup de grace.

What people do not realize here that 95% of the guys playing this want heavy PvP (player to player) and not player-to-rock action, they had wasted enough time with crafting and trading and clicking "f" and all that nolifer shit while they were freshmen.
Can't say I'm against it, I'm more interested in the results of this social experiment then the gameplay. But I can understand the guys who leave this game for a traditional 2238-like server and do not want to waste time on a fallout-inspired WoW. In a game were gear tends to be vaporized in mere seconds, that's understandable. Exploiting like stealing was for saving time, nothing else, and everybody did it, can you even call it exploiting since everybody did it?

Most of you fuckers should just quit bitching at PVPers just because you autists think its "harsh" and cool to spent all your free time in left clicking "use hammer, click on rocks, repeat" on your 2D minecraft simulator or rape your "f" key (which gets me worse arthritis then allegedly stealing is supposed to do), you clearly missed the point what a game is supposed to be.
http://i48.tinypic.com/n3kv0y.jpg
IT. IS. A. GAME.
*geez* ::)
Its supposed to be fun, which includes a friendly and helpful community of players.

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #166 on: April 05, 2013, 10:17:16 pm »

this social experiment
Breaking news! Developers of FOnline 2238 are screwing over their consumers and secretly running a social experiment of testing one's patience. One of the devs say to us "We really want to find out, how long does it take for every single player to leave our game."

Naah, just kidding. I do understand your point of view tho.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #167 on: April 06, 2013, 01:20:53 pm »

Breaking news! Developers of FOnline 2238 are screwing over their consumers and secretly running a social experiment of testing one's patience. One of the devs say to us "We really want to find out, how long does it take for every single player to leave our game."

Naah, just kidding. I do understand your point of view tho.

You must understand, that if 2238 become increasingly popular, the playerbase will grow, the traffic will rise and this will overload the servers, causing a massive lag.
This is why new players must be attracted with Fallout and to be scared off with harsh features. The addicted ones who stay are the skeleton of the everchanging playerbase. ;)
« Reply #168 on: April 06, 2013, 01:53:41 pm »

You must understand, that if 2238 become increasingly popular, the playerbase will grow, the traffic will rise and this will overload the servers, causing a massive lag.
This is why new players must be attracted with Fallout and to be scared off with harsh features. The addicted ones who stay are the skeleton of the everchanging playerbase. ;)

more popular -> more sponsors -> more money -> better scripts -> better server -> better support -> more players -> more fun

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #169 on: April 06, 2013, 02:05:17 pm »

It was a joke anyway, but you cant earn money with 2238. I thought it was clear long ago.
« Reply #170 on: April 06, 2013, 03:52:18 pm »

Fallout is old game so lot of players did play it in late 90 s.It means big part of player base of fonline is in age ower 30.In this age u simply cant sit all day before ur PC cuz u have to do cash. Thats alpha and omega of my problem . I wana play fonline but i cant spend xxx hours daily enjoyng ur new crafts .So i will not play . Your choise . Fuck it.

avv

« Reply #171 on: April 06, 2013, 05:09:07 pm »

more popular -> more sponsors -> more money -> better scripts -> better server -> better support -> more players -> more fun

And most of all: bigger swarms.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #172 on: April 07, 2013, 05:20:59 am »

Ok guys, i'm not playing long but a lot, got few pvp chars on my own and...

!if it's harder for u to get guns/ammo, it's the same for ur opponents!

I had attempted to breach TC few times, mostly DarkBlasted (no luck though), and standing next to bunch of guys hitting LMB + any key bidded to SS is faggy, especially when they call it tactics - just take a few SS's less, maybe think about classic Stims (and maybe about real strategy, like frontlines that switch after using AP's (eg napoleonic wars). We need to remember that hiding behind wall (while buddy covers u) to take more, but less effective chems is an option and THAT is closer to strategy (and it's even called covering fire) - see that if u'll have less stims, cause are harder to make, so will ur opponents!

And if loosing stuff is an issue for u - who tells u to go there with Gatling lasers? there are many other guns, and as i am bit of RolePlayFan (aren't we all are?) i think it's gay if every fuckin soldier got same (best) weapon (about: i recall a costume party in primary school - five guys were in superman costume at the same time - every one of them wanted to be cool, but u may imagine how it turned out). Just do ~50hp dmg less on that minigun burs or/and die few times more. Life's tough for newbees u met, so is for u now

Fact that u don't use medics, but stims is lame for fallout world. Where are bullets there are medics, that's the oldest rule, so just hire fev of'em to ur factions. harsch? in the wastes u are harsch too
PvP's specialize in teamwork, so no probs, but i think none of them would take so 'boring' job (hitting 5+LMB, instead of SS+A+LMB).
Hire fev crafters or spend more time on craft u lazyasses! harsch? in the wastes u are too

crafters craft for u, u share loot from killing and we got balance, but hey, it's better to complain instead of adapting to new environment or spending few minutes to figure new ordnance pros/cons.

And last thing: PK's are one types of players, but there are others too, and they probably would like to play too, not only in superman's costume! U were too ruthless to other players so boss is working on a way to balance it

PS. When u meet newbie in the wastes, u're so fossy, but when it came to crafting/bartering it turned out u can only puss out and change game u play!!!
(pity that many players were lost, because PK's were constantly killing them, but there were nobody then to say SERVER IS DYING!!!)
« Reply #173 on: April 07, 2013, 05:39:19 am »

That anyone is called Benkain :)
 What people do not realize here that 95% of the guys playing this want heavy PvP
No, i don't realized that, but what i had realized is that your data was gathered and processed in your butt, as no voting or anylikething could be found.
U have to realize that 99% of turds use unproven statistics to prove they are right.
Sry to all for yelling here but bloody hell - U play or U complain - choice is yours!

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #174 on: April 07, 2013, 10:12:53 am »

What people do not realize here that 95% of the guys playing this want heavy PvP (player to player) and not player-to-rock action
You are totally wrong, kind sir.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #175 on: April 07, 2013, 11:40:42 am »

Look guys, it's not an experiment. It's an infestation. 2238 was a healthy organism and it was attacked by a hostile parasite from outer space - JovankaB (T-Virus, Zyklon-B, Jovanka-B... see the pattern here? maybe we're dealing with a weaponized strain? the world will probably never know). JovankaB needed to fill the gaping hole in her soul with an illusion of grandeur and the feeling of being in control, but like all parasites she only led to the deterioration of the host until all its cells were replaced with her cancer.

Remember the good old 2238? It's no longer here. Basically it's like that Carpenter's movie, but this time it's for real. Don't feed the alien, stop donating, isolate it from the other projects or the entire internet might be overrun. When it comes to the poor souls that were somehow present in this remote, snow-coated outpost when the outbreak happened and didn't have the brains to bail when there was still time, I guess it's already too late, sorry folks. Due to your bullshit nostalgia and misplaced affection, it's like this for you now:

2 Players sitting by the Burning Server, temperature dropping fast.
2238 Player 1: What do we do?
2238 Player 2: Why don't we just wait here for a while... see what happens.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 11:55:40 am by Nice_Boat »

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #176 on: April 07, 2013, 12:14:57 pm »

You seem to have very serious problems with our little project here, what's the point of all of it as you repeat that you won't be playing again (what's our loss, as i saw you as good tester in good old 2238). I can understand one of your old team members, which at least can put it in few very clear words. But you? You bring nothing here, just waste bytes.

On a side-note, if you are here just for forum pvp, that not a best try either. I saw much better coming from you in GM times, you loosing your touch.
Games are meant to be created, not played...

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #177 on: April 07, 2013, 12:45:38 pm »

Oh come on Wipe, I had fun with the game until you messed it up, I think I have the right to take a potshot or two at your incompetence, no? And really, the alien explanation for your collective actions is as good as anything else, no sane people would do what you (as a group) did.

But still, it's fun to see a dev acting more rude and aggressive than the player, mad props on that. I guess the ship really is sinking this time and you're just angry, what I don't get is why you're angry at me and not at yourself and your pals who never seemed to tell you that updating brahmin shit mechanics was probably not the best idea when the people were getting tired of how broken the game is.

Oh, and if you felt offended by what I wrote, you probably shouldn't talk to any oldschool PvP players anytime soon. Shit might leave you scarred for life.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 01:07:51 pm by Nice_Boat »

avv

« Reply #178 on: April 07, 2013, 01:15:33 pm »

Niceboat you are just full of nostalgy. Players simply learned to play. They learned to do things fast and safe and not risk themselves for no reason. That's why all towns are empty. No major improvement or nerf towards encouraging players to be inside locations has been made through history of 2238 so I'd say the game has always been quite the same.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #179 on: April 07, 2013, 01:58:22 pm »

I'd never be able to be more rude and aggressive than a player, no matter how hard i'll try. And you are the one of few which makes this statement always true. Well, it's your boat, sail as you want. I'd stopped expecting anything from things which may be posted here long ago - forum swim in a sea of own stinking product, and doesn't look like it's going to change, ever. No matter what staff member will do, it will be become shit after forum-filter. Even if it's something what has been requested 5 minutes ago.

Great example of that is so commented shit shovelling and grave digging - minor non-pvp/non-crafting/non-ncr activities, that was and are frequently requested (at least that's how i understand "there's nothing else to do"). When they become reality, they're on top of forum's hate list. 2238 circle of life, nothing new.

you probably shouldn't talk to any oldschool PvP players anytime soon
Yes, i know that. I'm hiding around the corner every time i see them on streets of my city.

Anyway, time for my turn is almost gone, i have to give you and everyone else a chance to prove me and everyone else in team that we should never touch computers in our lives, or anything which can run predefined actions. Maybe with exception for a washing machine :)
Games are meant to be created, not played...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 20 queries.