"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 17, 2024, 02:29:53 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: More non-canon RT places.  (Read 2312 times)

More non-canon RT places.
« on: March 29, 2013, 07:47:37 am »

Probably the thing I miss the most from Fallout 2 to this game is trying to get the location of several minor locations such as specific NPC faction camps or interesting places for sightseeing/looting/XPing.

I don't have many ideas for what these RT minor locations should be, but I'm sure that at this point we could use such locations for the sake of exploring and boredom, places like the BH tunnels or the Reno sewers were a nice change of air for players who want some PVE without walking around the worldmap every time.

These are just suggestions for places, the idea itself is that we get more minor locations and not these locations I'm suggesting themselves (though it would be nice if they were):

-Crazies' wastefield:

Basically a desert with a bunch of toxic waste barrels and junk lying around with a few crappy houses here and there, and lots of ghoul crazies of course, mostly armed with hunting rifles and low-tier shotguns, a fun and yet challenging place for newbies to get used with real time combat against armed NPCs.

-Khan camp:

A camp, much like the one in Fallout 1, the perfect place for someone who wants to hoard a bunch of grease guns/FALs without doing repetitive grinding, just storm the camp with a couple friends, loot asap before they respawn and ta-da (or don't put any loot, it's the fun and doing something different that matters the most anyway).

-NCRA Camp:

A fun little map with lots of NCR soldiers and lots of directions to attack them from, perfect for event-wannabe events and such... Or just bored noobs who want to do some sort of last stand against strong human NPCs.

-Radioactive cesspoll:

A plain desert with green goo and centaurs everywhere, perfect for players who are willing to waste gear/rads figthing other players and cents for this good grinding spot, think of this as a Glow for experience.

Like I said these locations are mere examples of what I mean, the real suggestion here is that it would be nice if we had more little "useless" places like Golgotha or Sierra.

manero

• FO:Reloaded
Re: More non-canon RT places.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 09:59:08 am »

I dont think we need more empty places. I would rather cut off  all town under Broken Hills.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 10:25:30 am »

New Reno sewers. Raider camp - just make a high CH traitor alt. All your suggestions are good and worth implementing.

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 10:45:35 am »

EXCEPT...... i hate rt combat. i get held back, while they get to attackm and always ooutnubering me 6-to-1. not even close to a level playing feild.
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!

Killer Rabbit

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 12:50:49 pm »

Manero not everyone want to do pvp. Those locations would be for pve and newcomers. We don't have places where noobs can lvl up their chars and get some stuff from "safe" quest location. More "loot quests" and pve players can be less afraid of pvp.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 01:19:02 pm »

Good suggestion is good.

I dont think we need more empty places. I would rather cut off  all town under Broken Hills.
This post made my eyes roll so hard they almost popped out of my head.
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 07:12:20 pm »

EXCEPT...... i hate rt combat. i get held back, while they get to attackm and always ooutnubering me 6-to-1. not even close to a level playing feild.

Go back to NCR.

Mike Crosser

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 07:15:06 pm »

There is a number of reasons this happens:
1.Your build isn't good enough
2.You don't click fast enoguh
3.Under equipped
4.Lag
5.Etc.

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 07:27:46 pm »

Go back to NCR.
fuck you.
There is a number of reasons this happens:
1.Your build isn't good enough
2.You don't click fast enoguh
3.Under equipped
4.Lag
5.Etc.
lag 'related.' not mine, though. ::)

BenKain

• Independent Developer
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 07:32:45 pm »

I agree, places like these could provide good RT PvE training with a little splash of PvP or some co-op sense. But I think they should be persistent locations tied to quests, like the Mutie Caravan.

For example, have Salvator refer the player to the New Reno sewers, stating that he needs you to clear out some squatters that have been taking his business. The player clears out the sewers, maybe linking a certain number of kills to the pip-boy like a standard PvE grind quest, and he can return to the quest giver for a reward.

Perhaps add drugs, like Jet and Psycho to this example, to attract more players and give us a less point-and-steal option for acquiring our PvP items!

All in all, a great suggestion.   

I can RT most combat encs, even with mega-lag, your problem is probably build related. Try some Raiders RT and modify your play-style to what you notice your biggest problems there are. x2 Toughness and probably Adrenaline Rush are must haves. If you are still having problems, you're probably a slow clicker, like I was before I did PvP. Doing some Hinkley really helped me there.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 07:36:59 pm by BenKain »
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 07:47:15 pm »

fuck you.

...You're idling right now huh?

Mr.NiceGuy

• Surprise Motherfucker !
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2013, 08:04:13 pm »

fuck you.

I sense butthurt in the air.

@topic few pve places wouldn't hurt anyone imo

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2013, 08:20:21 am »

I can RT most combat encs, even with mega-lag, your problem is probably build related. Try some Raiders RT and modify your play-style to what you notice your biggest problems there are. x2 Toughness and probably Adrenaline Rush are must haves. If you are still having problems, you're probably a slow clicker, like I was before I did PvP. Doing some Hinkley really helped me there.
not build, and i had to replace a mouse already from beating on the damn thing (hitting ti so fast.)
I sense butthurt in the air.
don't like asshats "telling" me waht to do.
@topic few pve places wouldn't hurt anyone imo
thats true.

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2013, 08:31:32 am »

You clearly don't know the "Go back to X" joke that originated from the racial slur "Go back to Africa".

Mike Crosser

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2013, 12:13:10 pm »

Whats with the rage?
Deal with it,because there won't be a single point in your life when that doesn't happen.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 30 queries.