Poll

Ouh ?

For
Against
I forgot my brain
I'll be back
I know kung fu

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Player Killing  (Read 2988 times)

Player Killing
« on: March 28, 2010, 02:23:20 pm »

Ok, I have again a great idea :p

I though about PVE is borring, and, why when you kill players you don't win some XPs ?

I think when you kill a players, for exemple lvl 1, you need to win 10 XPs and if he is 21 you will win 210.
If you kill same player a lot of time, XP will decrease a lot.

It will give a better feelling to kill players and bluesuits :D

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
Re: Player Killing
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 02:37:33 pm »

No need to make player killing more attractive.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 02:40:49 pm »

The reason why we don't have it anymore is, that it was abused very hard.
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 02:59:54 pm »

Yeah, I though about it, it's why you can make decreasing XPs... If you chain kill someone you don't get anymore XPs.
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 03:06:23 pm »

I've got a question for the devs - would you guys ever consider having a reputation penalty for killing players with higher reputation?

Kharaam

• Spartan Pigrat
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 03:16:58 pm »

yeah and maybe like in few other MMO, the idea of PK flag.
The more you kill the longer the flag stays on you, as long as you have this flag, anyone can kill you without getting flagged, however if you die flagged you loose some XP (amount depends on how many players have you killed since you earned the PK flag)
+1 for Badger's idea (quote "this man is wise")

Blubber we miss You!!!
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 03:32:43 pm »

Thank you. Don't get me wrong, I'll murder people if I think I stand a chance. When you decide to kill a guy running through the streets of Reno, it's the most exciting thing you can do ingame. Especially when don't know you're going to win. But there's a difference between that and shooting people you know don't stand a chance. (I'd also suggest that fights where you don't stand a chance are the biggest turnoff to new players)

If you start the fight unprovoked, you get a karma penalty. If the guy has less kills than you, you get a karma penalty. If the guy is several levels below you and didn't start the fight, you get a hefty karma penalty. That kind of thing. Just something that will make people think twice before gunning people down. If you behave like a psychopath, people start to treat you like one.

Obviously, TC capture time means nobody gets flagged. It'd be too hard to fix.

PKing people is very lucrative in the game - you get guns and gear instantly. Which is fine, but like the crafting timeout, there should be a penalty for stealing it rather than working for it.

avv

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 04:37:30 pm »

Not xp but reputatation would be cool. Bad dudes vs nice guys. Faction vs faction. Killing strong faction members would be more rewarding, dying would reduce reputation so it couldn't be farmed. This reputation would be used as status symbol and ultimately some sort of activity for high levels.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2010, 04:39:19 pm »

Reputation is for loosers.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2010, 04:59:08 pm »

Personally I hate current rep system. Even small mistake means your char gets screwed big time. You kill/steal from guy who trade at NCR often you and you are hated there and guards/caravans own you. Tell me what organization on Earth would care about this? If you are not one of their high ranked members then who cares about you?

Now on one side wasteland is harsh, but on the other hand its like babysitting. You kill a guy and you are instantly turned into super-villain and you have no way how to redeem your deeds. I agree on that there should be some karma system when you treat faction members badly, faction will respond to you properly but getting nuked for stealing/killing some nobody is b******t.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2010, 05:39:40 pm »

You know what?

So you think there's a plenty of noob bluesuits and they are ideal for XP grindan, LOL.

Okay, you already suggested blocking chainkills.
I'd suggest XP for killing a player of higher level by a noob. Bad idea, huh?  ;D
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2010, 06:07:25 pm »

Yeah. You will take two bombs, walk into NCR, aim one to 10 seconds, the second to ~15 and then will get 800XP. That would be fun.

Kharaam

• Spartan Pigrat
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2010, 07:14:24 pm »

@Colombo, continuing your thought with the idea which I proposed ->after bombing you get flagged as a PK, and as you die so you loose XP on respawn...

Blubber we miss You!!!

DrapiChrust

• . . . SAY CHEESE . . .
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2010, 07:40:02 pm »

I've got a question for the devs - would you guys ever consider having a reputation penalty for killing players with higher reputation?

Nooooooooooooooooooo... seems reasonable at first, but imagine a situation:

Imagine that a tent robber has 25 rep. (gained by a few quests) Most players have 0 rep, so he can kill them without penalty and they get penalty for killing him. (as we all know tent robbers are often shot anytime possible). In the end everybody hunting him have -1000rep, while his reputation stays the same.

Problem is we cannot do a player vs player connected rep simply because this is a game, and a game will never had scripts to decide which killings are justified and which are not. If I kill sb in self-defence (he shot me first), is it justified? Yes. But if he have more rep I will loose my karma.
If I just go to a guy on 'off' and fill him with bullets is it OK? No,i isn't. But if I have a better rep the game will think it is OK.
(...) - thousands of other examples
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2010, 09:16:48 pm »

PK flag? seriously? In the world of slaver trading, prostitution and drugs on every corner?
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.242 seconds with 22 queries.