"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 21, 2024, 05:36:04 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Need help with BG build  (Read 3401 times)

Need help with BG build
« on: March 23, 2013, 01:07:03 pm »

Hi guys, I have been playing around with BG builds on the Nitue website but I could use some help as I have never actualled played a big gunner past lvl 10.

The build I had i mind was this (Jinxed was a misclick):

The idea of this build is to shoot twice a turn at the cost of some survivability, but it is just what I had at the top of my head and I would like some input from someone with in-game experince. If someone has a radically different build in mind I am open to that as well though.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
Re: Need help with BG build
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 01:13:08 pm »

earlier sequence to adrealine rush or bonus move and it would be ok, but mostly you don't need so much brds with m60.
h

avv

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 01:22:55 pm »

Let's hope that luck1 was a misclick too.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 01:25:42 pm »

Do I need luck for a burster character?

Also I am doubting how much BG i need and which traits to choose.

MrSarcastic

• War doesn't determine who's right. Only who's left
    • WWAA Shop
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 02:44:43 pm »

You need 200% BG skill in order to get More Ranged Damage perk. No need to go any further than that.

As for 1 Luck - opinions vary. 5 Luck will certainly improve your resistance to armor bypass and reduce chance of critical failures. But where would you get those 4 stat points? No bloody idea :)

You definetly won't need 7 Strength. 5 will do - 200% BG will compensate for those 2 missing points. Then it's your choice whether to put those points to get 8 PER or 3 Luck.

Judging from taged Doc and FA - you're going for RT combat. If thats the case - consider "Even Tougher" perk and some more HP.
Idling....
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 01:10:55 pm »

put doctor to 100
bg to 200
rest to fa
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 06:26:15 pm »

tell us more information, is this build ment for turn based? or isit ment for real time? what is the alt for pvp , pve? then we have more understanding and can help with the build abit more
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 07:35:08 pm »

put doctor to 100
bg to 200
rest to fa
This.And toughness x2,with adrenaline rush is the spine of any acceptable bg gunner.You don t want to die in 2 bursts,do you?Also,for better criticism we need more information about the use you are going to make of this guy.If you are going for rt pvp i advise you to go for top hp instead of 2 shots,and evaluate jet.

Indeed, perhaps one day we shall meet
Out in the country, or maybe on the street
Until that day here shall I wait
For death or for life, whichever my fate
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 11:14:49 pm »

Thx for the answers guys. I don't really have any specific purpose in mind for the build, I will be using it for farming gear of of NPCs with it along with my friends, pvp will be what i encounter   in the wastelands and unpro towns(no town control or bigger scale pvp). Mainly I am just curious to test out a big gunner as I have played crippler, slaver and crafter exclusively for the last few wipes.

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 04:32:41 am »

Whipped this up for ya. Luck 5 as some people advise. Unarmed to get Awareness. Use stimpaks for FA. OD 150 means smoother travels. Party Points to get a "human companion". Charisma to get quests and lead a few people. Weapon Handling to make up for low ST. Use Buffout to boost Carry Weight. High hit points. No BRD, so use an M60 - they do tons of dmg even with no BRD.

Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 11:49:33 pm »

sorry marko but this build is not good. i doubt OP has enough money to use buffout all the time. also i dont like this build at all

BenKain

• Independent Developer
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 01:14:07 am »

sorry marko but this build is not good. i doubt OP has enough money to use buffout all the time. also i dont like this build at all

If you don't like it, post one you do, instead of simply saying "ur build sux"

This is what I approx. use, however I drop luck to 1 for 3 int bonehead, and 7 STR for increased CW. Guns explode in my hand, but I least I have room to carry an extra. I would also use 1 CH for more PE and swap unarmed for science, but that is largely personal preference, I don't have enough for dismantler, but extra lewts don't get left. Also, if your going to do a group farm, radios are better than carrying people imho.

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 04:09:20 am »

Buffout is not needed. Only use it to boost Carry Weight if you find something you just cannot leave behind. And yes, anyone can find a Buffout for sale and take it along for emergency use.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

Dendito

• [TLC] Ian.
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2013, 02:15:14 am »

does luck really matters then when it comes to crit defense? and if it does how about 3 insted of 5? couse if it doesnt work 5 is a lot of wasted points. a dev opinion would be nice  :P

Mrockatansky

• -Guardian-
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 07:36:25 am »

Luck is important. 3 LK will avoid some bypasses already, with 5 you are fairly save.
 I didn't mention Guardians just because they represent no real force in my opinion.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 18 queries.