"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 17, 2024, 05:16:38 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Make it so some SPECIAL Stats cannot go below three (without extreme penalties?)  (Read 1151 times)

Everything except LK and CH, which are fine at 1's and would not be crippling for a person to have in real life.

ST less than 3 = You are extremely frail and require a caregiver to lift your groceries.
PE less than 3 = Driving is out of the question, you're lucky to be able to detect night and day.
EN less than 3 = You can't get out of bed, traveling over the World Map by foot is impossible.
IN less than 3 = Too stupid to use tools or weapons, requires constant supervision.
AG less than 3 = Your status as a landwhale makes it impossible to run from encounters, walk as if you have two crippled legs.

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.

even with AG3 , nuka and jet you have 8ap. That is still viable build. able to run, fight, loot...

Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer

3 CH requirement is already dumb enough and you want to make it even worse?
Favorite forum posters:
Mike Crosser, the underground

avv

I see the point is to try to reduce how limited characters can be, but in my opinion the best way would be to do it like docan suggested in the one alt crusade. Remove level cap etc.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

3 CH requirement is already dumb enough and you want to make it even worse?

It goes back to old GURPS rules, where if you wanted to use a unbalanced character to obtain high stats in some areas, you'd have some nasty penalties to go along with it. It would work well I think if the devs treated a 200% skills and 10 stats as "godly", instead having nerfs to these in the form of patrol buffs, prohibitive sneak / steal, etc.

The 3 CH requirement is stupid in some ways (blocking low level dialogs) but in some ways it makes sense, like if say you wanted to trade in better locations or wanted to take on higher level quests. Why not have different game paths for people with 1 CH, with 3, or with 5+?

Swiatowid

• Whens WIPE? ... Soon!

Babe almost all my combat alt have 3 str somtimes lower. Int 3 pfff that max so in thatcase when drugs go off i shuld die permamently or what? ;D

Sorry but if OP thinks 1 luck is fine just as 1 charisma is then he shouldn't be talking about SPECIALS...

...At all.

Also, I like my min/maxed builds, no point in adding such features if we'll make over 20 alts anyway.

Sorry but if OP thinks 1 luck is fine just as 1 charisma is then he shouldn't be talking about SPECIALS...

...At all.

Also, I like my min/maxed builds, no point in adding such features if we'll make over 20 alts anyway.

With no ST 1, it helps take some of the hard edge away from min/max alting. No one has to create an alt to counter your "stat-broken" character, and it might even mean that characters with more balanced stats will be more effective on the battlefield.

With no ST 1, it helps take some of the hard edge away from min/max alting. No one has to create an alt to counter your "stat-broken" character, and it might even mean that characters with more balanced stats will be more effective on the battlefield.

No one wants balanced alts, we all want min/maxed single purpose alts.

Your best bet is suggesting higher level caps so one alt will be actually worth taking extra time and effort raising it.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 27 queries.