"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:19:19 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Gain SPECIAL in natural way.  (Read 4510 times)

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
Gain SPECIAL in natural way.
« on: March 17, 2013, 01:04:59 pm »

I suggest the ability to raise S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats with time-intensive ingame activities.

This way, for example, to improve ST, one can start carrying boxes or mining. With time (after 1000 pieces of ore or boxes), the ST will increase by 1, maximal by 2 to prevent the endless grind for stats.

And so on.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
Re: Gain SPECIAL in natural way.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 01:12:06 pm »

I suggest the ability to raise S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats with time-intensive ingame activities.

This way, for example, to improve ST, one can start carrying boxes or mining. With time (after 1000 pieces of ore or boxes), the ST will increase by 1, maximal by 2 to prevent the endless grind for stats.

And so on.
PVP Apes will try to maximize with that their builds by first digging up on their bot..
h

Mrockatansky

• -Guardian-
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 01:28:57 pm »

It should also decrease agility, because heavy lifting will get you arthrosis.
 I didn't mention Guardians just because they represent no real force in my opinion.

Alvarez

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 01:44:01 pm »

Make it botproof then, which leaves us with boxlifting.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 01:47:13 pm »

trust me, can be done with macro.
h

Alvarez

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 02:58:54 pm »

trust me, can be done with macro.

Tried it, lags messed the macro up.

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 03:31:56 pm »

Its another topic which shows that players would like to naturaly develop their character further and its another voice which proves that One Alt Crusade is the right way of changes which should be implemented.
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 04:15:12 pm »

Its another topic which shows that players would like to naturaly develop their character further and its another voice which proves that One Alt Crusade is the right way of changes which should be implemented.
Lol'd

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 04:16:44 pm »

spamming this thread again? jesus christ....

Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2013, 05:29:20 pm »

Thanks for this valuable post!
Favorite forum posters:
Mike Crosser, the underground
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2013, 08:08:52 pm »

If the boxes have at least 2 pick up points, where each box needed to carry is randomly assigned to one of these points each time, it will make it "bot proof", but such a feature in a game with alts and boredom is not a good idea, it is yet another way how to power-build and just increase the gap between turbo grinders and ordinary mortals.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2013, 11:07:34 pm »

This is starting to sound like one of those free diablo 3 "free" gold spambots. Just replace a few words and you got:
"It's another topic witch shows that players would naturally want to gain their gold and it's another voice which proves that www.download.c0m/freegold/virus.exe/ap398G9
is the way to go!I really liked it,this thread."

Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2013, 11:18:43 pm »

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2013, 11:30:54 pm »

Back on topic:
OK 1000 ores is a bit of an overkill.
Not only is it botable it is also insane,this is truly only and no one else (cept bots) for autists yes some people might want to try but no one ,and I mean no one, is going to do this stuff using their free will.
Same goes for boxes.

JovankaB

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2013, 11:59:35 pm »

I don't think SPECIAL stats are really meant to be increased permanently that way. In Fallout it was possible to gain a point in most attributes, but only in quite obscure or far from natural ways, not really "trained". I think SPECIAL is meant to determine what kind of character you are. I try to understand but I just don't see any purpose of increasing it, and especially with some box carrying.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 12:06:14 am by JovankaB »
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.613 seconds with 25 queries.