"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 19, 2024, 02:46:16 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Would You like to have One Alt features in game?

Yes, it is good idea.
No, i dont want any changes.
Im shit shoveler

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: One Alt Crusade  (Read 27681 times)

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
One Alt Crusade
« on: January 13, 2013, 04:03:08 pm »

As the topic says it is One alt Crusade.

Why?
For many reason for example:

How?
For start you can write in native code library, which will generate uniq token for each client beased on his hardware, forbid to launch clients in sandbox and on vmware, and check this tokens on client login.

And by game features, which will be worked after the current lvl cap:
- +1 CW every lvl,
- +1 HP every lvl,
- +1 Poison resistnace every lvl,
- +1 Radiation resistance every lvl,
- +1 Party point every lvl.

What need to be changed in game:
- remove lvl cap for skill points,
- block HP gain from Endurance,
- block/change perks gain.

Troll post arent welcome in this topic.

To meke thing clear for all, all above should be done along with old CD timer.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 03:09:25 pm by DocAN. »
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg
Re: One Alt Crusade
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 04:13:40 pm »

Would be great.

However... People would still make alts for the following reasons:

Non combat skills: It's easier to make a lvl 8 alt than keep levelling a level 30 guy until he gets enough stealing skill.

Cheating: People love to cheat, would require a great fool-proof system.

Other than that, we would need books to actually boost our skills and well-designed quests to improve our SPECIALS, I don't mind perfect alts with 10 Specials and 300% on each skills as long as you can't get it all by simply grinding centaurs for a week, killing stuff would be routine.

Also HP would be a problem, knowing certain devs I'm sure they would limit our HP to something a lot lower than high-tier NPCs, meaning that your character would be useless against even a lone enclave guy no matter how high level he is.

600 HP would be ideal for those uber-levelled guys with over 9000 centaurs killed.

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 04:16:34 pm »

Interesting. I am in favor of removing level cap. Have been for a while now. That one change alone would eliminate many alts i think. But also, go back to no crafting cooldowns. When they added crafting cooldowns this year, i added new characters.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 04:44:40 pm »

I don't get this crusade against alts. Having only one character sucks. You cant enjoy the game properly from more points of view.

Disable FastRelog, add improved weakened state cooldown upon login, do something about multilogs.

It should not be One Alt Crusade, but rather One Connected Character Crusade.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 04:51:23 pm »

Maybe instead of making the limit at one we should put it at 3,this will give enough space for different kinds of alt and will give some space for trolling.

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 04:56:29 pm »

I agree remove alting and 90% of the problems will be solved.

Mayck

• Rotator
  • ...shhhh...
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 05:17:44 pm »

How?
For start you can write in native code library, which will generate uniq token for each client beased on his hardware, forbid to launch clients in sandbox and on vmware, and check this tokens on client login.
Damn those lazy devs. They can't solve problems which have such obvious and easy solution.
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 05:22:56 pm »

This game without alts couldn't function. Not enough players for a viable economy, you could wait weeks trying to find someone to trade with that has what you need. Not to mention shitty required alts like lpers or repair or thief, who would dedicate their time to playing these? Fonline has the worst cooperation of any mmo I've ever seen. If WoW had full loot and teamkilling it wouldn't have sold more than 10 copies.

DocAN.

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 05:33:21 pm »

How?
What need to be changed in game:
- remove lvl cap for skill points,
- block HP gain,
- block/change perks gain.

You dont need to have 300% skill alt, there will be other players with maxed 1-2 skills (repair/steal) etc - role play (in team, people can chose who will take which skill)

If someone want to troll - he have to take the consequence of his actions - i killed You, yes but now You are blacklisted, no more hiding behind new nickname.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 05:36:18 pm by DocAN. »
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 05:55:02 pm »

Damn those lazy devs. They can't solve problems which have such obvious and easy solution.

Ask Atom. If he can't do it I'd be surprised. It is possible, just requires the know-how and he might just be the guy. The idea, solution is there, find resources for it, that's time and the guy.

How?

One alt is not going to happen, though solving other problems like dual log, fast re-log is possible.

If such a system takes place, it'd be possible to implement that someone can play with only one character, but that also would mean he could play with the character only on the PC where the character was made.

So, that is a horrible design flaw.

Besides that in different topic, it was discussed by me and other players that having multiple alts is not entirely that bad, meaning having one will not significantly improve gameplay. There is certain beauty for the ability to play the game in different ways, to take role of wide variety of play-styles.

Hmm.

Though having unreasonably high CD for re-log would force the player to stick to a certain character on a daily basis and if someone would like to switch to something else just to play differently and experience something new, then it would be possible and nobody could use alts as the way they do now.

Not sure if what and any flaws such system contains. Needs more thought.

That could be done just by ordinary client CD, but that would be meaningless without the unique token system, because players could bypass it way to easy (the CD should be applied directly to the token which would be the same for all of the clients characters you'd produce be online on your PC, checked on logging in I presume. The token applied to a character and if the character is in game, it could be checked upon and you couldn't dual log even if you somehow managed to open two clients)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 06:34:34 pm by T-888 »

Spotty

• Wuff Wuff!!!
    • Crazy 88
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 08:42:46 pm »

Even if we uncap/remove all SPECIAL, skills, traits and perks thus removing the need for skillbased alts suck as lp, repairguy, scienceguy, crafters etc etc we would still have a million alts to scout stores and towns, a miner in each mine and ofcourse a *few* armed alts on wm to figth.

Devs forcefully limiting alts available per player trough player accounts or whatever would severly harm the economy and diversity of the chars. Only ones who would benefit would be those who bypasses the rules.
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/
img19/4053/c88.png
"Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil."
- Niccolo Machiavelli -

DocAN.

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2013, 11:27:51 pm »

For this who didnt have enough imagination - the things in first post should be done with the old CD relog timer, i though it is obvious.
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 12:09:58 am »

Uh no, that is remotely obvious because you based your suggestion on a completely different solution with no clearly foreseeable connections.

In other words.

That could be done just by ordinary client CD
For this who didnt have enough imagination - the things in first post should be done with the old CD relog timer, i though it is obvious.

You've gotta be kidding me. ;D

DocAN.

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2013, 12:16:10 am »

Seems like someone need to get everything clear like in kindergarten.

Uh no, that is remotely obvious because you based your suggestion on a completely different solution with no clearly foreseeable connections.

In other words.

You've gotta be kidding me. ;D

At least this post is readable, not like that wall above.
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2013, 12:31:12 am »

I'm like the only one who by your standards had enough imagination and if you think what I wrote how I came to that conclusion is not readable? Then you should seriously reconsider how you write a good suggestion, so someone doesn't have to write walls of texts to make connections between apples and oranges, even better to simply understand how the suggestion works.

Is that trivial enough for you to digest?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 24 queries.