"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 08:47:44 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Raiders are too friendly  (Read 2312 times)

Kanly

• The future is today, worry about it tomorrow!
Raiders are too friendly
« on: March 14, 2013, 10:21:40 pm »

I usually hunt unity but today a friend of mine was low of 7.62 ammo so we hunted raiders.

We wiped out 12 gang of raiders ever with the same tactics, we walked so close we could kiss them, counted until 3 then we bursted them ,  killing the survivors and looted.

Raiders never tried anything hostile against us.
They awaited that we open the fire with respect and resignation.

500 7.62 ammo and many fal after my reputation dont lowered.

Someone telled me that ncr army do the same.

So my suggestion

Raiders (and enclave) should be hostile to everyone (save if you become a member), if this is too much at least they should do like Unity ( and so should do ncr army).

Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer
Re: Raiders are too friendly
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 10:23:11 pm »

Good idea, let's make the game even less enjoyable.
Favorite forum posters:
Mike Crosser, the underground

Kanly

• The future is today, worry about it tomorrow!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 10:46:23 pm »

walking at one square from npc without they do nothing is fun?

Then I suggest npc dont shoot back at you but clapping or launching shout of support to cheer you up.

Give them less hp if you think they are too strong but dont give them a total lack of AI, it is no fun for me
(and loot stuff is too easy)
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 11:11:34 pm »

Farm something harder then.
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 12:29:00 am »

500 7.62 ammo and many fal after my reputation dont lowered.
Someone telled me that ncr army do the same.
So my suggestion
Raiders (and enclave) should be hostile to everyone (save if you become a member), if this is too much at least they should do like Unity ( and so should do ncr army).

Istead of trying to make life harder for everbody else just use that ammo to kill some players. You will lose it faster that you might think.
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 01:21:49 am »

Istead of trying to make life harder for everbody else just use that ammo to kill some players. You will lose it faster that you might think.
I must completely agree with this, it's meant to be entry level farming encounters, no reputation drop, bad reward (seriously few 7.62 ammo is nothing). Go and play some pvp then you will see...

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 02:06:18 am »

Khan encounters should be more hostile and drop a bigger amount of loot.

Dendito

• [TLC] Ian.
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 02:31:36 am »

"Raiders" and Khans arent the same thing, te khans are just a kind of raiders and they dont attack on sight in fallout 1 if i remember correctly. so they are kind of friendly

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 06:49:24 am »

Good idea, let's make the game even less enjoyable.
Its already hatd enough.....
Even makes me want to rage quit when some asshat with a mini gun lights me up at level 1- for a couple of flowers. >:( :-\
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!

The Good Doctor

• Doctor: 100%
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 12:52:21 am »

Fair enough if they're initially non-hostile, but they should have hostility when you get too close and at least have a reputation impact when you kill them.

So it's fine to kill a few for some 7.62 and 14mm while they're neutral, but kill enough and they become hostile so you have to wait a day or two for neutral farming.

Like Vault City Patrol or the Hub Patrol.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 01:12:18 am by The Good Doctor »

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 12:58:09 am »

Even makes me want to rage quit when some asshat with a mini gun lights me up at level 1- for a couple of flowers. >:( :-\

it makes me want to rage quit when i burst some level 1 character with a minigun and all i find are some old shovels and healing powders. waste of ammo imo.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 12:59:55 am by DeputyDope »

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 01:22:31 am »

it makes me want to rage quit when i burst some level 1 character with a minigun and all i find are some old shovels and healing powders. waste of ammo imo.
Such a sahme. Wow poor you, wasted ammo. Oh my.
Shut the fuck up.
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!

avv

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2013, 12:16:34 pm »

Khans don't even drop anything special, so what's the big deal?
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

BenKain

• Independent Developer
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2013, 06:26:05 pm »

Just because they don't drop anything interesting doesn't mean it is not strange that one of the biggest and most feared group of raiders just stand there wanking it as you wander next to them with the intention of bursting them. Maybe adding the "Don't come any closer" or "Put your weapons down" scripts would be nice, but I think they should attack a non-raider character on sight. 

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2013, 06:51:41 pm »

I think they should attack a non-raider character on sight.

Depends. It's not really clear what the 2238 Khans actually are. Originally in FO2, the Khans had moved into Vault 15 with their asses kicked by the Vault Dweller, and the "Raiders" we found between Broken Hills and Vault City were actually a mercenary group with military tactics and better gear than other, smaller, raider groups. 2238 has moved away from the canon here but, again, it's still not clear what the Khans have become now.

I would personally like them as a major Wasteland criminal organization that used their superior weaponry (superior compared to spears and mausers at least) and make smaller raider clans pay, and thus live on what others give them as well as what they regularly rob as well.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 22 queries.