"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 12:33:39 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Remove Hinkley.  (Read 23832 times)

Re: Remove Hinkley.
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2013, 05:03:49 pm »

Yeah, some description changes the whole thing what players do inside it - kill opponents.

Wasn't one of the arena called "Warzone"?

JovankaB

« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2013, 05:14:41 pm »

Wasn't one of the arena called "Warzone"?

So what, lol. There is also "A Pit" and "Barrels o' fun", so what would it mean?
That Hinkley is a pit? It's just cool names of the recreational arenas.

Yeah, some description changes the whole thing what players do inside it - kill opponents.

Yup, for fun, to relax or as a training, not for any real gain and risk.
The description tells exactly what it is.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 05:22:32 pm by JovankaB »

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2013, 05:34:40 pm »

Players wanted a area where one can PvP without endless grind for materials and ammo, just for some quick deathmatch. Hinkley is such an area.
I think it's a bad idea to delete it.
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2013, 05:56:53 pm »

The description tells exactly what it is.

So what, lol.

The description is just an immersive way of describing the purpose of the location, that's it, but players inside do PvP which besides the facts that the player doesn't risk anything, doesn't have to do anything and he can basically "live" in that place and not play the game at all, is no different PvP.

This is one of the reasons when with 200 players online you can't find anyone in unguarded locations, but Hinkley of course is filled.

Players wanted a area where one can PvP without endless grind for materials and ammo, just for some quick deathmatch. Hinkley is such an area.

Another one of those endless grinders, who most probably plays the game only with some bluesuited HtH build. ;D
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 05:59:06 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2013, 06:21:31 pm »

Hinkley would have made more sense as a vr simulation facility like operation anchorage, this would explain the free gear and respawns. They could use the starting map from requim with all the stasis tanks.

« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2013, 06:38:56 pm »

bla bla , this nonesense tread is getting to big , how about delete T888s nonesense threads ?
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2013, 06:46:47 pm »

How about we remove triptroll from these forums instead?

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2013, 06:59:02 pm »

Another one of those endless grinders, who most probably plays the game only with some bluesuited HtH build. ;D

Now you're being straight arrogant and offend me personally.
Not everyone is a faction like SoT, who has millions of caps, bases full of equipment and dozens of combat alts. You seem to closing your eyes for everything else.
The game doesn't revolve around you.

So, you're basically saying, "I have no problems having some quick PvP, the others, fuck them."

If you have nothing more to say than TL;DR for the pros of your suggestion, Verbal Destroyer, i'm done with posting in this thread.
Have fun typing a kilobyte of reply.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 07:00:50 pm by Alvarez »

Mayck

• Rotator
  • ...shhhh...
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2013, 08:02:35 pm »

The assumption that it will consolidate players upon common grounds in the game is undeniably true, which would be a positive effect concerning how few players we have left here. Players would, for example, get used to hanging around Reno instead of alt checking some artificial installation of the game that is in denial with it.
Any assumptions about player behaviour are mostly false. More likely it would end up with 2-3 extra players added to current New Reno preview participants, slightly increase amounts of players idling inside bases and NCR, and slightly decrease overall server population.
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2013, 09:00:08 pm »

How about we remove triptroll from these forums instead?

Damn i read too quickly. I thought it was an actual dev proposition.

Rage master

« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2013, 09:03:24 pm »

I would prefer to add ap rockets. Hinkley my dear wall texter is v good place to test new builds and to train basic pvp skill

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2013, 09:59:34 pm »

Hinkley description was written by devs to give purpose for this area, they want it to be for recreation, training and relax and not just another Reno.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2013, 12:09:48 am »

Any assumptions about player behaviour are mostly false. More likely it would end up with 2-3 extra players added to current New Reno preview participants, slightly increase amounts of players idling inside bases and NCR, and slightly decrease overall server population.

Yet you make assumptions of your own, I guess we will never know.

Hinkley description was written by devs to give purpose for this area, they want it to be for recreation, training and relax and not just another Reno.

When some of them will actually tell us for what purpose, then I'll believe, because currently I see that there are no developers present who made it.

I could argue further, because such a change would actually be a good improvement, for players to go play on fair, equal terms and also experience "real" PvP, such a chance isn't provided anywhere else in the game.

But yeah, I see that there's no point, players will not give away such a golden opportunity to do PvP by doing nothing in the game. Now they are asking free SS, free AP rockets, many have asked free drugs and what not.

Now you're being straight arrogant and offend me personally.

;D
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 12:18:09 am by T-888 »

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2013, 12:23:51 am »

fair, equal terms

getting your ass stomped by 20 players seems pretty fair and equal to me.

only place fair and equal in this game is hinkley.
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2013, 12:42:16 am »

What?

That is meant if you would have to bring your own equipment to the arena and have to risk it if you want to have action, since you read that I already suggested that and what I said in the previous post is concerning that.

Damn, do you have seriously problems with putting simple pieces together?

Tell me, how well do you do with this?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 23 queries.