"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 28, 2024, 10:36:28 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Remove Hinkley.  (Read 23581 times)

Redivivus

• Fear
Re: Remove Hinkley.
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2013, 04:45:14 pm »

What hasn't been bugged in this game at some point? And whose fault is that?
Players? Yes, surely it's players fault. Greed of unexpected 'features' game may give is too strong, isn't it?
Innocence proves nothing
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2013, 04:53:57 pm »

If anything remove TC. Notice how people play hinkley for a bit get bored and log off? That's because combat sucks. Making people grind forever before combat just ensures no one does it but no life's.

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2013, 05:16:26 pm »

Well, yeah when I play there I play a bit and log off, but when action happens in open world, it feels like I could play forever, because it is purely a better gaming experience.

Yes, your a loner, you will grind and grind. Other players?

The best way how to deal with the game is to play it for what is was made, playing in a group, faction mod, like any other MMO where players are supposed to work together to achieve goals. Those who deny it, simply have problems with overcoming certain difficulties the game has.

So, don't whine because that is how you choose to play.

I have no problems and I spend so little time on the game, I wish I had reason to play more.

Players? Yes, surely it's players fault. Greed of unexpected 'features' game may give is too strong, isn't it?

;D
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2013, 05:28:35 pm »

lol u spend not much time , because playerbase is fucked up hahaha

Redivivus

• Fear
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2013, 05:48:23 pm »

Well, yeah when I play there I play a bit and log off, but when action happens in open world, it feels like I could play forever, because it is purely a better gaming experience.
It's more about adrenaline you recieve during open world pvp than expirience.
Innocence proves nothing

avv

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2013, 06:46:24 pm »

The best way how to deal with the game is to play it for what is was made, playing in a group, faction mod, like any other MMO where players are supposed to work together to achieve goals. Those who deny it, simply have problems with overcoming certain difficulties the game has.

I know this already.

But if you think players who aren't doing pvp or tc now will suddenly start doing it because you remove hinkley, you're wrong. Even if you removed all safe towns and made it so that players had nowhere else to go than unsafe towns they still wouldn't participate.

I would rather stop playing the game than play with another faction, and your saying I should make my own?

If you expect others to do that, then yea I'm saying you should do it.

Anyway, that is too late, the community has evolved to the point where solid factions have been made and players who interested in combat already taken their places and there is not a stream of new players to recruit.

And this is all because strongest just stomp the weak and prevent new organizations from forming. Everyone knows how cool it is when new name pops up in tc window and you get to be the first team to check them out.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Knife_cz

• Ah yes 'Reapers'. Get out of here stalker.
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2013, 06:53:28 pm »

Why would you remove Hinkley boy? It wouldn't bring you anything - if the people are already 'scared' to go 'real' PVP they wouldn't go even in future. No I am not that active in game lately, nor I visited Hinkley that much, but hell T-888 this is such a retarded suggestion from you that the words can not even describe what do I truly think about this suggestion.
Hinkley is just a place where people which don't want to lose gear, or people which want to fight againts friends, fight each other.

So stop making walls of text which nobody even cares about - hell they don't even deserve to be readed, since they aren't about anything mostly.
Say one valid short reason WHY it shouldn't be in game, does it prevent you to do anything? Does it hurt your faction anyhow? Just anything.

Retarded suggestion, truly. It doesn't make any sense in any way.

Don't even bother to respond if you are going to write another wall of text about /nothing/. Short reason why it shouldn't be in game.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 06:58:27 pm by Knife_cz »
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2013, 06:59:03 pm »

But if you think players who aren't doing pvp or tc now will suddenly start doing it because you remove hinkley, you're wrong. Even if you removed all safe towns and made it so that players had nowhere else to go than unsafe towns they still wouldn't participate.

They will, if they will want PvP. Were not talking here about players who don't do PvP at all, just those who spend their time in Hinkley.

What do you think Hinkley disappears and those guys are not going to PvP anymore? ;D

If you expect others to do that, then yea I'm saying you should do it.

Maybe you should? ;D

And this is all because strongest just stomp the weak and prevent new organizations from forming. Everyone knows how cool it is when new name pops up in tc window and you get to be the first team to check them out.

TC has always been about the top dogs, if someone think they can gather some bunch of random people who never had any experience and win a team who has been playing for years together, well that's going to be a disappointment.

When new name pops up, those are the same players forming alliances or something.

Say one valid short reason WHY it shouldn't be in game, does it prevent you to do anything? Does it hurt your faction anyhow? Just anything.

Read initial suggestion, read next posts, if you have attention span of a fly and can't read more then two sentences at a time then just scroll away and go be butthurt elsewhere.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 07:05:52 pm by T-888 »

avv

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2013, 07:05:09 pm »

They will, if they will want PvP. Were not talking here about players who don't do PvP at all, just those who spend their time in Hinkley.

Really? Because I happen to know there are situations where entire team is paralyzed and won't do anything because either they have no leader or their enemy is too superior.

Maybe you should? ;D

I'm not the one telling people what to do. If you honestly think gangs can be formed out of nothing just like that, then go ahead and show me how it's done.

TC has always been about the top dogs, if someone think they can gather some bunch of random people who never had any experience and win a team who has been playing for years together, well that's going to be a disappointment.

Then expect no change in current affairs.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Knife_cz

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2013, 07:10:00 pm »

So I asked for one short sentence with your reason. You can't do that? Says alot about you.
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2013, 07:17:51 pm »

Really? Because I happen to know there are situations where entire team is paralyzed and won't do anything because either they have no leader or their enemy is too superior.

That's supposed to be my fault, right?

Oh no, some guys can't organize, well if they don't try, they never will succeed. Or maybe that's too hard for the common player. Is that what your saying? Is the game too hard?

I'm starting to think that maybe it is the case.

I'm not the one telling people what to do. If you honestly think gangs can be formed out of nothing just like that, then go ahead and show me how it's done.

Who said players had to form a faction suddenly, they could always try to join existing factions, besides making a team from scratch is hard, time consuming and needs patience. I never said it can be done just like that.

Then expect no change in current affairs.

What would you want then? So any new player has the same chance to beat an experienced player just by doing nothing? That's like any game, you start to play and generally you will suck at it, but if you want to get better then you have to play it more.

I don't know a shortcut for that.

So I asked for one short sentence with your reason. You can't do that? Says alot about you.

I will not repeat everything I wrote already, get the fuck over it, alright? I'm not here to hold your hand and feed you information with a spoon.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 07:19:57 pm by T-888 »

wreese2u

• Been walking these streets since last night...
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2013, 08:10:59 pm »

Triple! You're starting to make a funny of yourself. There is no reason at all that this shouldn't be ingame. Ever heard of a loner, or people who get tired of plain PVP vs SoT, or a swarmgang like BBS? Hinkley is there for a break from all of that, so "they" wouldn't have to waste gear on superior gangs with superior numbers.

That's right, maybe people can't organize, but there should still be another option for some type of fun. Hinkley, if you don't like it, GTFO.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 08:21:23 pm by wreese2u »

avv

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2013, 08:28:36 pm »

I'm starting to think that maybe it is the case.

Yep it is too hard.

Who said players had to form a faction suddenly, they could always try to join existing factions, besides making a team from scratch is hard, time consuming and needs patience. I never said it can be done just like that.

But who exactly would join and where? Currently people who go to hinkley are in factions already. Usually I see the entire team of hawks or group of old bbs in hinkley. Don't you get it that people are in hinkley because the enemy has too many troops or the players are tired of the way gameplay flows in general? If there is no hope, there is no action. Sure, you can always fap previews for 2hours and hope enemy makes a mistake but that's not funny anymore.

What would you want then?

Equality and fairness basically, that's what hinkley offers apart from being able to take drugs there. Could start with deleting gatling laser entirely. It's a textbook example of abused gear.

Knife_cz

« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2013, 08:47:06 pm »

You are pathetic, T-888.
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2013, 08:58:40 pm »

Come on guys, that idea isn't so crazy as most of you say - I get that some people like Hinkley a lot, but Triple's also got the point and it's worth considering it. Maybe really after removing Hinkley those loner guys would form some group or join existing gangs? Or even roam the wasteland solo, why not? If you say that you can see entire group of some faction there, that's even more obvious - why the hell aren't they doing TC, fighting in Reno, PK'ing in Mariposa or anything, just participating in real game, not just a small artificial piece of it?
And come on, you say that SoT's and other TC gangs are so hardcore no-lifes and so on, that anyone besides wouldn't have any chances with them. You know what guys? It means that not them, but you take that game too seriously, 'cause I've never seen the problem with fighting an enemy in superior gear - "oh my god, he has CA while I'm only on MAmk2 and without drugs, no fun for me" is really, really lame. Just take whatever you have, you don't have to no-life 24h/day to get some decent stuff, pick some friends and at least try and have some fun fighting. And you know of course that there are much more ways of PvP than TC, which always was top-league - deal with it. And about "learning the tactics" and so on in Hinkley - come on, every noob will learn ten times more during five minutes of rambo'ing in unguarded city than hours wasted in your beloved Hinkley.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 18 queries.