"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 29, 2024, 07:53:38 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Necropolis - TC for lower gangs.  (Read 3366 times)

Glumer

• The Evil Butchers
Re: Necropolis - TC for lower gangs.
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2013, 12:00:52 pm »

I think what can easily help there is shorter timer, and visible only for people on south. No one will get there quick for slaughter not real pro pvp players. Players on south have some roleplays etc. they will guard it so shorter timer for tc dont give them problem.

Glumer

• The Evil Butchers
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2013, 12:03:52 pm »

I think it can help to players on south cause they really hard gathering caps, cigs, nuka ... Locker can spawn something not much but it will help.

Mrockatansky

• -Guardian-
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2013, 02:54:01 pm »

Ok, the Forumoverseer himself is involved. So -just for you- i will try to shape my point in other words.

What i meant was 'inhabitated by Players, conducting all sorts of activities'
With beeing 'one track minded' i tried to point out, that generating yet another place for killing each other might not grab the root of the problem.
What would take place if, asuming all the technical difficulties get solved somehow, some sort of lowbie PvP area is implemented?
I bet you yourself can come up with an Avengerburst of arguments and possible Flaws abusepossibilitys and things i cant even spell in engrish. That's why i didn't.

So: theres a PvP engagement going on in a particular area and all the bluesuits merely wander around with brocflowers in their hair, fraternising with the players in combatgear?
It's becoming more populated? From a casaulplayers perspective, mind you.
Are Slaver(alt)s selling their Slaves in Den during TC ?
TC has nothing to do with players dying?
There are no reasons whatsoever to relog to a town beside Peeweepeepixelmassacre? Maybe for you. But i have not given up on this game (yet).
And how would you know anything about what is going on in towns, if all you see is thru the crosshair of your gatling?

I was part of that low playerbase longtime before anbody has had teh pleasure of beeing confronted with your opinions.

And please don't judge my thoughts. I try hard to do the same to you.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 03:15:45 pm by Mrockatansky »
 I didn't mention Guardians just because they represent no real force in my opinion.

Rage master

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2013, 03:14:21 pm »

so better dont go out behind ncr walls ;D

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2013, 03:48:28 pm »

Sorry but, About what did you say - The game is about PVP, not endless farming shit to do it, then people should understand if they die in TC city, this is not pvp apes fault, but their fault that they choosed wrong game.

About TC in Necro- it should be same as other Northern cities, rad-x and rad aways rewards (for Glow goers it can be nicely).
h

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2013, 03:55:45 pm »

The game is about PVP
Ever heard of PvE,quests,RP,predator camping....

Tomowolf

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2013, 04:04:22 pm »

Quests on which you can make 6 -7 th lvl max, yeah so much of these
PVE - way to get stuff to go for the main reason in this game - PVP.
Sorry but you need to understand it is all about PVP in this game, it is the main chain in this game, that means, it is the main thing you do in this game.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 04:49:42 pm by Tomowolf »
h
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2013, 05:28:57 pm »

How long can you do that? The same dull bots that are linear and hold whatsoever no challenge, killed over and over again. How long can you do the same quests? Once, twice before you get bored of them eventually? Predator camping is just the same bot killing and all that for what?

RP that is something I can respect, to some point I even like the idea of it, intelligent word battle in a sense. Though not everyone wants to be in the game and only to pretend to play it. Reminds me of a picture where kids are playing with toy soldiers and one of the kids truly believes he is one of them and acts like one, but he never carries the gun and never experiences the war.

No, it is not actual "war" I'm talking about, I'm not that fucked up in the head. I'm talking about simple basic competition, domination, struggling for power, resources, team play, politics, strategy behind all the fights that happen, especially after Wipe, it is time when magic happens for players like me.

Look, the point is I don't need to pretend and act, just to play the game how I like. I can't say the same thing about role-playing.

And please don't judge my thoughts. I try hard to do the same to you.

I will judge your "facts."

Ok, the Forumoverseer himself is involved.

Damn right.

What i meant was 'inhabitated by Players, conducting all sorts of activities'

What activities? There are none.

With beeing 'one track minded' i tried to point out, that generating yet another place for killing each other might not grab the root of the problem.

Uh, I can't understand how to understand that differently.

The place is empty, there are no players, there is no "root problem" other than simply lack of re-playable content that form some sort of activities for players to be in game and somehow interact. TC is one of them and since that place has been empty like forever, it wouldn't matter what feature is applied there until the point something better is thought of.

TC has nothing to do with players dying?

Players stay out of the city when that happens, TC never happens in all cities at once. So, TC can be responsible for depopulation only temporary, but don't mind the large player groups there when it happens.

TC only brings players to cities once in a while, not depopulate.

The reason towns are empty because of low population and also the free hostility possible, the feature is not needed for bunch of 2D shooter players to come and ruin the day for all players inside.

And how would you know anything about what is going on in towns, if all you see is thru the crosshair of your gatling?

I do some trading, practically never see players in town, when I'm really bored I sometimes run through cities with a sneaker just to prey on someone etc etc. I have made some solid observations over time. When I arrive with my big, fat, red cross to pew players even then there is nobody inside even with 200 players online and that makes me think and question things.

Cities are not populated no matter what conditions, because there are no activities tied to them, no reason, no motivation, no encouragement to be inside them.

I was part of that low playerbase longtime before anbody has had teh pleasure of beeing confronted with your opinions.

My opinion is relative and irrelevant, focus on facts and solid observations, also logic and some common sense is always welcomed because your and my opinion is based on those facts, observations and they can be incorrect. Were not talking here about my or your beliefs, so I will confront you or anyone else whenever I want.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 10:29:12 pm by T-888 »

Mike Crosser

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2013, 06:08:47 pm »

Quests on which you can make 6 -7 th lvl max, yeah so much of these
PVE - way to get stuff to go for the main reason in this game - PVP.
Sorry but you need to understand it is all about PVP in this game, it is the main chain in this game, that means, it is the main thing you do in this game.
Maybe you didn't know this but there are people who actually enjoy doing PvE.
Just because you think it's all about the PvP doesn't mean that others do.
As for the lack of quests well since the Developers keep spending time trying to balance out PvP there isn't a lot of time to work on such things.

Just because it's the most popular doesn't mean that everything else is pointless.
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2013, 09:40:19 pm »

I won't deny that there is some pretending in roleplay. After all, you are playing a role.

But the point is, you already have the scenery, the engine, the npc, the pc, the town, everything that build an immersive world. You even have the Fallout 1-2-etc... games, and various guides/and wikias, that give precious intelligence about the universe you live in. You even have the history of the server, with the minimum intel that gangs give to draw their online identity.

The thing is, even if that aspect is somehow flawed, you get almost all aspect of a solid fictionnal universe, that could be pretty immersive, and react to your action. Even if you don't care much, you are roleplaying a minimum, for yourselves, or for others that interpret your actions as if a character did it, not just an uncaring player. If you want to do more and find more players willing to do the same, the Roleplay could be pretty easy and addictive.

If it wasn't for that immersion, we better should play short cession of Fallout Tactics multiplayer, which is far more developped for tactical fight. Getting that immersion in Fallout 1&2 universe and sharing that experience with buddies, is one of the main reason we log into Fonline, in my opinion.

Also, the Roleplay, the PVP, the PVE, and other gameplay, shouldn't be mutually exclusives, shouldn't be opposed, but coexist and benefit each other. That is the only way the server could succeed, IMO.

Look at project like Orphans, WWP, BHH, they manage to mix small and large scale PVP, factions politics, war and treaty, internal management, trade, PVE, cities activities, roleplay. The cities that hosted these project we always almost full. (except when PVP took the upper hand, when the battles lasted more than 2-5 hours)

I think Necropolis could gain something, being a TC town, but it shouldn't be the only thing there.
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2013, 09:41:09 pm »

Slavs ruined this game.
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2013, 10:02:47 pm »

+1 for normaly TC town and add one more spawn . nothing more nothing less ...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 10:13:26 pm by LittleBoy »

Tomowolf

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2013, 10:24:18 pm »

I enjoy PVE
, and quests
, and roleplay (e-beer near barrel isn't it.) ,
But the endgame thing here is PVP, and you cannot say no, because this is true.
And there's nothing else to do.
h

Mike Crosser

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2013, 10:25:22 pm »

But the endgame thing here is PVP, and you cannot say no, because this is true.
For you maybe.

Tomowolf

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2013, 10:29:56 pm »

For you maybe.
Then what you can do, when you got hoarded your stuff from the great and non bugged - that so funny PVE?

Also I guess not for me only - count like at least 3 big factions who play for PVP, and some smaller, then you'll have 40 -50 player max playing this.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 10:34:02 pm by Tomowolf »
h
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 24 queries.