"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 29, 2024, 07:50:41 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Necropolis - TC for lower gangs.  (Read 3365 times)

Necropolis - TC for lower gangs.
« on: February 27, 2013, 01:24:14 am »

This town would serve as a TC for the lower gangs, meaning no stronger gangs of the numbers like 10-X and best gear which would ruin the whole point.

To keep it at strong-faction-free, any member part of the gangs that had owned a northern town before will not be able to start TC there, and won't be able to enter during Necro timer, also being kicked to the World Map if the timer is started. (If you have anything better, please suggest, I couldn't really think of an idea on how to keep the stronger factions out.)

The map most suitable for TC in my opinion would be Watershed, and Elmer would be the "mayor" to start the timer. You would have 3 people armed with any armor above 25% and any weapon above 25% to start the timer.

The TC zone:

The chest reward per half an hour would be:

750-1250 caps
100 shotgun shells
50 5mm AP
50 5mm JHP
200 10mm JHP
100 10mm AP
50 Micro Fusion Cells
200 Small Energy Cells
Support by the 2 ghouls guarding the mayor's room

The chest would be placed in Elmer's room.

If you have something to say to improve this suggestion, please do so.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 02:18:15 am by McLooter »
Re: Necropolis - TC for lower gangs.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 01:45:26 am »

Shitty chest reward. The rest of the suggestion is fine for me, I support.
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 01:57:12 am »

To keep it at strong-faction-free, any member part of the gangs that had owned a northern town before will not be able to start TC there, and won't be able to enter during Necro timer, also being kicked to the World Map if the timer is started.
I don't like these restrictions, sorry  :-\

Idea of Necropolis PvP is nice though, look at Reno you don't need TC to bring people to some place. People are just used to fighting there and that's it. If you introduce some interesting content for players, newbies and PKs and PKs killing those PKs etc. will show up. If you really don't want stronger gangs to come there, make it uninteresting for them so only noobs and small group of players will come there.

Quick (maybe stupid) idea: newbies love caps, so maybe there could be some random place which would spawn 1000 caps 4 times a day (randomly ofc). That way people would come to check if there are some caps and it would bring "life" to the town, that's the idea behind it.
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 02:16:08 am »

Reno has many traders and it's unguarded + it's a northern town. Necropolis has a nice trader but it is guarded, therefore, to bring some life (or pain and agony?) to this dead town, I suggested this. I think it is better a strong-faction-free place because most of the smaller/newbie factions live in the south and this would kind of serve as a tutorial-location for gangs willing to get into PvP. New gangs trying to reno usually get shot down everytime, then disband and not given a chance. 

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 02:28:14 am »

What if some pro pvp players create new faction/characters just to dominate there ?
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 02:38:09 am »

This is the problem I have with the suggestion itself, It could be made a bannable offense by character or IP. Another is just have it uninteresting to the pros.

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 02:44:54 am »

If it had a timer like the rest of the TC towns, it would make it just like any other town.
Players would group together and slay them newbies for lolz.

Making a TC town for newbies just wont work.
Everything must change.
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 03:05:26 am »

If your speaking about the bigger factions slaughtering the newbies for fun, then i've already explained how that can be revoked. If a bunch of newbies from NCR gathered to attack some other newbie faction taking Necropolis, then in my opinion, that is completely fine, that's the point of it. That also includes factions that are 3-5, aren't newbies but aren't allied to any faction to compete against the higher factions.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 03:07:16 am by McLooter »
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 04:23:49 am »

How about mutually exclusive TC between Necropolis and the rest towns, apply for every faction and its allies?
Takes Necropolis and your faction and allies will not be able to take any other towns, and vice-versa

Mrockatansky

• -Guardian-
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 07:00:10 am »

Put a playerlimit to every TC zone, so that BBS can take 3 towns simultaniously.
 I didn't mention Guardians just because they represent no real force in my opinion.

Rage master

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2013, 07:56:36 am »

Hahahaha good one!!! And maby if u were in 1 town during tc add 2h idler timer for another tc and give tc chest to ncr noobs? ;) another good pro noobs sugestions :) but i dont like necropolis. I would prefer junk town :) jt with another 3rd Enter zone is the best place for pvp. Large area, plenty of buildings.
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2013, 09:11:05 am »

Forget it, there's no Ghosthack.

Mrockatansky

• -Guardian-
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2013, 10:09:29 am »

My more serious two cents on this topic:

Don't be one-track minded. TC rather depopolates an area than bringing life to it.

How about  nicely-rewarded (we don't have that yet) repeatable Quest in V12 that needs a group of Combatchars?

Edit: in my opinion all questrewards -exept maybe that one Gunrunner-mutantcave- thingie are an insult to the player investing time.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 10:11:19 am by Mrockatansky »
 I didn't mention Guardians just because they represent no real force in my opinion.
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2013, 11:01:46 am »

Don't be one-track minded. TC rather depopolates an area than bringing life to it.

Town Control has nothing to do whether towns are populated or not. Look, the game has an extremely low player base and the only reason to be inside the city is to be hostile, they are empty even in days when not a single timer is made.

Delusional one sided thought you have there.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2013, 11:09:04 am »

I would prefer junk town :) jt with another 3rd Enter zone is the best place for pvp. Large area, plenty of buildings.
No.
Junktown in particular has many useful quests and abilities to obtain professions.
Making it a PvP zone will just mean everyone camping trader/quest givers/prof. trainers/spear buyers.
Think of it as Eldrige in New Reno.

JT is (imo) the second most useful town for new players (first being hub).
While it would be fun to PvP in seeing how the many randomly placed buildings would provide good cover for snipers while tanks duke it out in the open.

So while it's a decent idea Jacky,it shouldn't be implemented.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 24 queries.