"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 12:56:52 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fixboy suggestions  (Read 1654 times)

Fixboy suggestions
« on: February 14, 2013, 05:30:42 pm »

So the fixboy is on the list of to do's as stated by wipe. So how about a thread for suggestions to offer our advice and make this system more stream lined. 
How about instead of say, metal part or 10 metal parts we get a counter to select the exact number.
Tabs to choose between weapons, armor, ammo, etc. and tabs for currently craftable items based on inventory, and non-craftable items based on inventory items. (Edit : i just seen the screenshot of the new interface so nvm this point)
Its a start so throw your 2 cents into the mix and lets help these guys out.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 05:44:01 pm by blue meanie »

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
Re: Fixboy suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 04:39:07 am »

Can we see that screenshot too? I hope it would look something like this - and i would hope the secondary screen would be removed (you know, the one that tells you that you just crafted an item). Instead, that message could display directly inside this "Amount" field. So these options mean you could craft a single item, or maximum possible, or a custom amount:

Note: Since i am red/green colorblind and the red list of craftable items is hard for me to read, i added an alternate color toggle too.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 01:32:26 am by Marko »
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

BenKain

• Independent Developer
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 11:36:52 pm »

Oh man, I really want that. It would make the kind of mass manufacturing I often do so very much easier. +5000!

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 11:59:32 pm »

You mean something like this?

Cool.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

JovankaB

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 12:05:40 am »

Can we see that screenshot too?

I guess he meant this:
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,27931.msg240120.html#msg240120

It's just a quick mockup made in Photoshop though not a screenshot and once it's done it may look/work completely different.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 12:10:12 am by JovankaB »

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 12:32:02 am »

So how about a thread for suggestions to offer our advice and make this system more stream lined.
I'd like more like to have all trillions of related suggestions made in past - collected and kept in one place, including single posts :P Not only for fixboy, but gui in general [currently it's more important [for me] to create flexible core than single screens (like fixboy)]. Boring task, so i don't really expect anyone to do that (including me). But if you feel you can - go ahead.
Games are meant to be created, not played...

BenKain

• Independent Developer
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 01:12:20 am »

Boring task, so i don't really expect anyone to do that (including me). But if you feel you can - go ahead.

Well, if your not interested in doing anything about it, do we have some sort of "assurance" that if someone takes the time to make it, it will be implemented?

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 02:32:22 am »

Isnt this a engine limitation so you cant adjust the amount of crafted items and fixed amounts are a workaround?

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 02:58:10 am »

Well, if your not interested in doing anything about it, do we have some sort of "assurance" that if someone takes the time to make it, it will be implemented?

There's this small difference between possibility and willing to include things that may be found in forgotten parts of forum. Even if we wouldn't want to make specific things, other servers may. And to make gui made from scratch in scripts reality, you may need to change specific parts of client - that's something what other servers may have problems with. I know what i want to have, but these things are bound to 2238 and its features (or lack of them).

We already lost best source of inspiration, which was fonline.ru. Now it's just a mere shadow of what it was, when it comes to fonline content. Doesn't matter: script-mods already made, requests, dirty workarounds which could be made simpler, or even silly screenshots/photoshop-work which may be inspiration for a change.

All in all, i'm not going to say that things will be added; but at least we can try to make them possible. And if not we, someone else can pick them and add it to own scripts - doesn't matter if it's badass huge server or just modified TLA made out of boredom and running on LAN only.
That's probably not the answer you wish to read but hey, i'm still proud owner of worst PR in wasteland award (thanks Lomoholo!) and i'd like to keep it ;)
Games are meant to be created, not played...

Rage master

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 03:06:01 am »

Give me my black enclave combat armor!!!

BenKain

• Independent Developer
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 03:10:56 am »

Actually a much better and more spurning answer than I had originally anticipated. It is quite a blow to have fonline.ru drop its member base without a trace (maybe I can find some more of the info on the-way-back-machine), but I think with enough support, 2238 could be the new hotbed for continued strides in that aspect. At any rate, I have some experience coding, tenuous as it may be, and I will try my hand at telling the client to stfu and take my ideas.

Give me my black enclave combat armor!!!

Unfortunately we have people like this, who's only intention is to continue to ask for rather petty and useless additions in topics where the game is trying to be improved... 
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 03:19:24 am by BenKain »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 27 queries.