"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 28, 2024, 04:59:18 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Train service Info needed  (Read 7169 times)

Lacan

• [TSAR]Sol & [TSAR]Ketur
Train service Info needed
« on: March 27, 2010, 04:10:35 pm »

i read something about trains; And I've never heard of this feature... nothing on Wiki for now.

Can somebody tell us more about it ? Where from, where to ? Price , limitations ?

Any info is welcome, thanks;

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Re: Train service Info needed
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 05:11:19 pm »

to start using train go to vault city talk to doctor andrews and ask for job. He will show you a way to vc train station and give quest. Lets leave quest for now, but in train station you can buy ticket for 100 caps and then reveal other train stations on map. There are 4 train stations, 1 in VC, 1 in NCR, 1 in Boneyard, 1 in San Francisco.
You can ride between these train stations:
From VC to NCR
From NCR to VC or boneyard
From Boneyard to NCR or SF
From SF to Boneyard.

One thing you should know, that you can jump out of train in middle of ride. I think thats all you need to know.
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 05:16:41 pm »

As nice as the quest probably is, I think these would get a lot more use if they were visible from the start, and the quest just gave you a discount.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 05:18:10 pm »

As nice as the quest probably is, I think these would get a lot more use if they were visible from the start, and the quest just gave you a discount.

The idea is to make the player do something to get something. This will not change. I want to get rid of the "giving players everything from the beginning". That's why Sierra is invisible by default or the toxic caves, etc... Expect something more in future.

There are three quests spread in the game world, which can activate the stations for you. You just have to do some quest (two don't even need to be finished).

That's - by the way - the reason why I was a tad amused when someone wrote, he thinks quests are shit and he ignores it. :p
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 05:20:10 pm by Lexx »
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 05:23:24 pm »

The idea is to make the player do something to get something. This will not change. I want to get rid of the "giving players everything from the beginning". That's why Sierra is invisible by default or the toxic caves, etc... Expect something more in future.

No doubt, then perhaps I'd suggest making the locations appear on the map, but the trains unrideable until they've done the quest. My concern is that people won't know that the quest (or trains) exist unless they're told about it or read the wiki.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 05:30:15 pm by Badger »

bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 05:26:39 pm »

You can ride between these train stations:
From VC to NCR
From NCR to VC or boneyard
From Boneyard to NCR or SF
From SF to Boneyard.

That aint right :/ I was trying to go to VC from NCR, but I could only get on trains to boneyard, that then whent to SF, that whent back to boneyard then to NCR THEN BACK TO BONEYARD! Then I waited in NCR station for the boneyard train to leave... and the next train.. Guess where that train whent to... BONEYARD!

edit: Wiii finally found a train to VC... that goes in 8 hours xD

uhm I just had a little wtf moment. I talked to the conductor in NCR at 00:24 she then said that there would be a train to Vault City  at 08:00. So to beat some time I move some boxes and deposited the money in NCR, goes back to the station and talks to the conductor. Then the clock was 02:00 and she said that the next train will come at 10:00 and go to boneyard... but when I got to 03:40 there was a train that.. whent somewhere, boneyard is my guess and when that whent she kept on talking about the 10:00 train so I'm just gonna wait for 08:00 to see if there will be a train for VC... brb with report :P

clock is 05:30 and now she started to talk about the 08:00 train to VC >.<
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 05:43:58 pm by bikkebakke »
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 05:31:23 pm »

This. It's 10pm and the next train to the NCR is 9am.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 05:35:14 pm »

you see :D

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 05:47:23 pm »

The train isn't moving in circles. It is going a-b-c-d-c-b-a-b-c-...
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 05:49:37 pm »

Could you make them run a lot more often? I walked to NCR and back, and my train to the NCR still hasn't come.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 05:51:16 pm »

The train is already very fast. Also it's 100% save travel, without any encounter.

bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 05:51:19 pm »

well I was more annoyed that it displayed odd times :/ Like at 00:00 it showed the train to VC at 08:00 and when the clock was like 02:00 or something it showed the train to boneyard at 10:00.

The abcdcba function I understood before, its just the timetable that messes with me >.<

btw do i like 90 science to get high quality iron ore, couse I got 80 and I couldnt gather any at the mine near VC //checked wiki, sorry for asking

//and damn please make an image for the ticket, i lost mine without knowing it xD
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 06:52:39 pm by bikkebakke »
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Lacan

• [TSAR]Sol & [TSAR]Ketur
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2010, 09:03:35 pm »

Thanks for info, great feature;
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2010, 07:08:27 am »

This is great idea m8!

I literally love it. I'm done with games that are easy to play. It's boring after 10 minutes. Thanks to this approach players are going have to talk about the game in game.. do quests and so on.. There will be new features to discover, not just to play.

And I've got the train earlier - I just went for a walk around the VC.

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2010, 11:36:54 am »

(...) and damn please make an image for the ticket, i lost mine without knowing it xD

It is already fixed, run updater.
Games are meant to be created, not played...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.