"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 30, 2024, 11:30:03 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: If it is your first time playing...  (Read 1587 times)

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
If it is your first time playing...
« on: April 08, 2010, 07:53:58 pm »

DON'T THINK THIS GAME IS SIMILIAR TO FALLOUT2!!!
It is totaly different and you can't just go to Navarro, get APA (advanced power armor), then steal a bozar which was accidently put to burst fire in FO2 and then complete the whole frickin game. Yes, we have same monsters, guns and other stuff, but quests are not even near like they were in FO2. Everybody wants you dead instead like in FO2, you can kill anyone who you want (unless its Frank Horrigan). You gain most expierience from crafting items, you gain money and gain exp by shovelling shit and moving boxes. It's not recommended to check the Wiki, IT'S A MUST!!! You must select what proffesion you want, and only then start making your char! Consider finding a faction (crew) to join so you can get faster stuff and help other members at hunting. At the start I was thinking this game is like FO2, but then wasteland showed me what its up to, You will get killed... over... and over... and over... again until you get badass armor and weapons.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
Re: If it is your first time playing...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 08:09:37 pm »

You really thought you can start up FOnline, move to Navarro, get APA, go to NCR, get bozar and then start pwning everyone?
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 08:12:02 pm »

You will get killed... over... and over... and over... again until you get badass armor and weapons.
And after you get 'badass armor and weapons' dude like you dies (altough manages to stay alive a second longer), rages abit on forum, threatens everyone you gonna leave the game (as if someone cares) and keeps playing from step 1 (that is ''You will get killed''). I didnt really much get the point of this topic, as there is no point to this post i just wrote.
I give a fuck.

Haraldx

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 08:27:18 pm »

You really thought you can start up FOnline, move to Navarro, get APA, go to NCR, get bozar and then start pwning everyone?

Ofcourse I didn't! I'm just saying how it was in FO2, this game is more of a survival, instead of like go to the dessert, kill someone, find Frank Horrigan and PwN him. Some people just don't like games like FOnline: 2238 and I just want to warn everyone.
FOnline: 2238 is much harder and more different from FO2, because:
* Mainly you get most exp from crafting
* There will always be someone/something that can kill you
* Level/skill gaining is much slower
* Steal is not a must, like it was in FO2
* others...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 08:28:57 pm by Haraldx »
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 10:36:41 pm »

"Steal is not a must, like it was in FO2" What? I used stealing only in very few situations and playthroughs, made it fine through the whole game without any problems. I don't want to turn this thread into a "how do you play Fallout 2"-thread, but seriously. Using the lame APA-trick or stealing bozars with save&load is so boring, I couldn't even bring me to play the game longer than 30 minutes with this stuff.

Haraldx

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 11:08:34 pm »

Ahh, just nevermind. In FO2 mostly you had to get an enough high steal skill and only then stealing, many people have made it in the first try (stealing bozar) including me. But it just doesn't care, cause FO2 was very unbalanced as you had too much freedom with the map. FOnline is much more badass :)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.233 seconds with 22 queries.