"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:22:18 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: make resources infinite in mines  (Read 7555 times)

Re: make resources infinite in mines
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2013, 05:52:55 pm »

dude, fuck TC. you think everyhing in this game revolves around TC?

Did I say that TC is everything? Again you have hard time understanding simple principles, I say that there are a lot of things relaxed, but you don't give a fuck, I can't reason with people who don't listen.

and you think with finite resources there aren't bots? hahahah

In public locations with finite resources, of course there can be and maybe there are, but public locations are crowded and with finite resources bots aren't that effective since it restricts them to public locations only and limited amount of resources. Bots with infinitive would be like a game master spawning stuff for you.

it's not about the time. it's about the fact that the time doing boring shit in this game is highly unbalanced with the time to have some real fun (pvp)

Rubber stretching.

Show me an MMO with one viable class, devoid of any content and pvp so unbalanced no one but a handful of no life's in eastern europe bother.

Don't make me laugh, it's a unique game, though a MMO, not sure where the rest of garbage came from you.

it will just mean that the rest of us will have a chance at some resource.

For the countless time, I know that most players haven't a problem with that, yet there are few loud individuals that say that they don't have a chance, but I already explained it that it is not true and it is just an over-exaggeration, so nothing will happen.

Bunch of clowns.

Just ignore old wall o' text, I doubt he's ever had to do anything for himself in this game let alone craft a gun.

;D

Who do you want convince with that? It is not persuasive.

Ignoring just makes you a clown here, your not capable of reason.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 05:55:55 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2013, 06:08:18 pm »

Well it's been several hours since I went to the mines, and I just returned to give it a shot, NCR 5 ore, Junktown 10 ore.  I guess I'm missing something about where all the resources are.  Are you guys still arguing?  Meh when someone has a stand that refuses to see any other point of view, you let them say their peace and move on.  I for one am done beating the dead Brahmin.  Roacher you got any thoughts on fixes for this, or about adding Resources to encounters?
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2013, 06:31:28 pm »

Well it's been several hours since I went to the mines, and I just returned to give it a shot, NCR 5 ore, Junktown 10 ore.  I guess I'm missing something about where all the resources are.  Are you guys still arguing?  Meh when someone has a stand that refuses to see any other point of view, you let them say their peace and move on.  I for one am done beating the dead Brahmin.  Roacher you got any thoughts on fixes for this, or about adding Resources to encounters?
I hope you're enjoying the "competition" for resources.
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2013, 08:06:06 am »

Why is it I never have trouble getting resources along the San Fran, Redding, and Klamath corridor? Am I like some kind of super genius?

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2013, 09:43:19 am »

abuse reno blowjob bug at the start of the season. oh, it got nerfed after it got exploited to death by guys like you.

Heh, I like this. Bugs, they aren't fixed anymore nowadays, they get "nerfed". :)

This "competition" thing doesn't work in guarded mines since you can't freely shoot the person who comes with a cow.
Make resources infinite in guarded mines, finite in unguarded.

Guarded mines aren't really made for "competition" - that's why you only get normal stuff there. It is a location to meet other players, like town locations- you need to visit these locations every once in a while, while you can totally ignore cities. That's why we removed resource digging from encounters: Players never really met each other, they were digging in encounters and whenever someone else was showing up by accident, they ran away.

Also we already had infinite resources in guarded mines. The resource pools had been bottet like madmen, same as every fixed resource pool was botted till the end of days before (the reason why junk barrels got removed, as example).
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 09:47:41 am by Lexx »
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2013, 12:15:14 pm »

Players never really met each other...
And now they do? Please...
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2013, 12:26:32 pm »

Heh, I like this. Bugs, they aren't fixed anymore nowadays, they get "nerfed". :)

Guarded mines aren't really made for "competition" - that's why you only get normal stuff there. It is a location to meet other players, like town locations- you need to visit these locations every once in a while, while you can totally ignore cities. That's why we removed resource digging from encounters: Players never really met each other, they were digging in encounters and whenever someone else was showing up by accident, they ran away.

Also we already had infinite resources in guarded mines. The resource pools had been bottet like madmen, same as every fixed resource pool was botted till the end of days before (the reason why junk barrels got removed, as example).

That is funny about the bug nerf.

But nothing will change the resource botting, if a player has the time to do it, it Will be done.  At least in previous seasons other people could still get resources.  I see your point about player interaction, probably be the one thing that holds back Nodes being put in encounters.  Though interaction is minimal anyhow even at start of season with most player interaction devolving into one player trolling another.

So since that's out, perhaps add more nodes in the mines themselves with a higher resource spawn time?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 12:28:05 pm by Trokanis »
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2013, 12:34:01 pm »

but even with higer resource spawn time there will be no-life hoarders with nothing better to do than pound rocks all day long.

so with infinite resources hoarders are still gonna hoard, but at the same time normal players will have a chance at those resources.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 12:35:36 pm by DeputyDope »
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2013, 01:41:40 pm »

but even with higer resource spawn time there will be no-life hoarders with nothing better to do than pound rocks all day long.

so with infinite resources hoarders are still gonna hoard, but at the same time normal players will have a chance at those resources.
It's simple as that folks. Every normal player will just quit if he can't find resources with limited playing time he has, and it's better to meet a couple of bots than a depleted mine.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2013, 02:07:44 pm »

And now they do? Please...

They do more than before.

It's simple as that folks. Every normal player will just quit if he can't find resources with limited playing time he has, and it's better to meet a couple of bots than a depleted mine.

I - as a normal player - would first try to find ways to aquire the needed materials before I quit. If I would quite simply because I can't craft item x in 20 minutes, I wouldn't have sticked very long to the game anyway.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 02:10:46 pm by Lexx »

avv

« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2013, 02:25:02 pm »

Resources are already infinite when it comes to encounters. You can kill a bunch of mobs and science their stuff and receive hundreds of metal parts and alloys. Making mines infinite wouldn't have a big impact on anything. Farmers gonna farm anyway.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2013, 02:28:12 pm »

They do more than before.
Visit all the towns and mines now, tell me how many players do you see. Where do these 80 players hide?

I - as a normal player - would first try to find ways to aquire the needed materials before I quit. If I would quite simply because I can't craft item x in 20 minutes, I wouldn't have sticked very long to the game anyway.
Well think of this as some extra glue.
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2013, 02:55:47 pm »

As a few people already said this before me, if you want ore, go to SF mine.... even if its half empty there are still tons of iron there.

avv

« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2013, 03:28:25 pm »

As a few people already said this before me, if you want ore, go to SF mine.... even if its half empty there are still tons of iron there.

Thanks for protips, but what you said isn't true when we have more players.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2013, 03:37:10 pm »

Thanks for protips, but what you said isn't true when we have more players.

Strange, whenever I went there There were always enough ore, and since I'm a crafter I usually mine a lot. I might have been lucky so far, but I think the sheer amount of ore the SF mine has would even satisfy the most devoted miners, and there would still be lots left for others.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 3.729 seconds with 23 queries.