"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 28, 2024, 08:54:37 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Killed by unity patrol  (Read 6771 times)

Jorhan Stahl

• Trust in players I meet in-game: 0%
Killed by unity patrol
« on: January 27, 2013, 11:42:22 am »

I Wasn't aware that they shot on sight. Could someone help me and tell me if I did anything wrong?
I am still rather new, so the only reputation I have is a little with Vault City and a little with NCR, both positive. I was walking back from the NCR where I encountered a Unity patrol. They said "don't try anything funny" RIGHT as they fired their missile launchers at me. This is has never happened before. I didn't have a weapon equipped, and have never hit any members of the unity, not even by accident with burst fire from my tommy gun.
The only thing I can think of was I happened upon some of them fighting another player. He killed them, I just put my gun away and ran before I got shot by him or the unity and they ignored me in that encounter. could that have been it?

Or do they actually shoot on sight or fire at random?
Re: Killed by unity patrol
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 11:47:11 am »

Welcome to the world of FOnline where exploits are fixed the way you seen. What you've experienced was standing within the forbidden zone of the Unity patrol. Its purpose is to eliminate thieves who try to steal from Unity, BoS or Enclave. Next time just stand more than 5 hexes away from them and you'll be ok.

Jorhan Stahl

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 11:51:30 am »

Ahhhh ok. Just wanted to be sure is all. I have 8 perception and cautious nature, so I shouldn't have been spawned in the safe zone anyway, but oh well.. Only lost my armour and a sawn off shotgun.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 12:02:43 pm »

Yeah no matter your Perception and bonus perks there is always a Slim chance you will spawn on top of a group, and almost all of the groups with good stuff don't like that.  Like it was stated above if it can be exploited or abused, it will be, and then sometime later people have to figure out how to fix it.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 12:11:53 pm by Trokanis »
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13

JovankaB

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 12:12:44 pm »

Probably if NPCs are not going to be hostile you should always spawn at some distance from them.
Encounter code is quite a mess though, wouldn't hope for any quick fixes here.

Jorhan Stahl

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 12:27:34 pm »

Fair enough. Just wanted to get it cleared up so I know to avoid them as much as possible.
I tend to blunder into things often.. got too close to a door I wasn't allowed to, walked up to someone with my hammer equipped after mining.. death seems to be the main method of teaching me so far.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 01:02:21 pm »

death seems to be the main method of teaching me so far.
Don't let it get to you.The first few months are always tough.
It's all about finding your niche.

Jorhan Stahl

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 01:14:51 pm »

Getting killed doesn't bother me. I'm only wearing lather armour and use combat shotguns or tommy guns, which I can easily re-make, or trade in ammunition for with the NPCs.
pickpockets are pissing me off, though, but that just taught me to hold my good stuff in my hands before I trade it, leaving them with a handful of fruit or a shit-covered spade to steal.
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 01:33:18 pm »

Avoiding the towns where the pickpocket noobs hang out also helps.  But yeah basically go with everything is gonna kill you, stay as far away as you can, and sadly trust just about no one and you slowly get to find the little good mixed in with the bad.  You shouldn't have to worry too much about spawning on Unity or what not, I've only had it happen a handful of times, the trick is watch your loading screen and be ready to run like hell.  BTW they used to I'm not sure if they do now haven't checked but any encounters with 'Merchants' Don't like you having your weapon out when you're in the same area as them, they usually yell, but sometimes just come out blazing.
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 04:36:46 pm »

Aha, hello Stahl
Met you few hours ago, you was blue suite with tommy gun.
I managed to kill all Unity patrols, but when i yell at you take the loot you was not there anymore
next time go with me  ;D

Jorhan Stahl

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 04:47:08 pm »

I'd have helped out but a few .45 rounds wouldn't stop a super mutant and I've just have pissed them off and got turned into paste, lol.
Also I had a backpack full of golden gecko skins I didn't want to lose.
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2013, 04:53:39 pm »

Hey man, hire some unarmed muties (50 caps each), they kill gecko fast

Jorhan Stahl

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2013, 05:04:13 pm »

Not sure if my charisma is high enough for followers. Got on brahmin and that seems to be the highest amount, unless there are different values for mercenaries etc.

Jorhan Stahl

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 05:13:12 pm »

got ONE brahmin. ONE. Sorry. left out the e

Jorhan Stahl

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2013, 05:18:25 pm »

Yeah, just went there as a level 11 character with 100 caps for two unarmed mutants. Got a comment about "scrawny ass" and they wouldn't sell me any.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 25 queries.