"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 30, 2024, 11:40:24 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Man of steel  (Read 1184 times)

Cl0ud

• The Wasteland is Harsh
Man of steel
« on: February 04, 2013, 01:45:14 pm »

Does anyone have experience with Man of steel perk?

Would you recommend it over lifegiver?
The Wasteland is Harsh

Bego

• Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children!
Re: Man of steel
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 02:44:36 pm »

If you plan on taking just one lifegiver then I say definetly go with MoS since 20hp more will hardly make some noticeable difference
SECTION 8
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 02:47:26 pm »

It depend to your char. For an unarmed it can be good, or for a big gunner. So for chars who rush. This is the better perk against criplers. Some guys are playing with cripler char and fuck big guns, so if you do a big gun you can take this perk. But if you have no resistance damage i think it will be not really works. So take toughness+even tougher + man of steel or even tougher +adrenaline rush+ man of steel. But if you want to create a sniper or a simple farmer dont take that.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 02:48:16 pm »

If you plan on taking just one lifegiver then I say definetly go with MoS since 20hp more will hardly make some noticeable difference

And yes, if you just take one lifegiver, you gain only 20hp and it sucks.

Cl0ud

• The Wasteland is Harsh
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 05:32:17 pm »

I have 2 perks left.  One life and mos? Or two life? I guess ill be choosing between 30hp and mos...
The Wasteland is Harsh
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 06:10:34 pm »

i tested it and i still could crit friend with mos "easily". it was at beginning of session dont know how does it works now
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 07:32:13 pm »

Have not tested this thoroughly, but Man of Steel seems to work on my characters that have it. They still get crit hits, but they're less severe. Knockdowns are abundant (stone wall would fix this I presume), but damage is low and hardly any Knockouts or cripples.

All in all, I think it's a useful perk. Especially when compared to 20 or 30 hp.
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 08:24:58 pm »

MOS doesn't reduce critical chance, but reduce the damage from the critic. You are more tough against critic.
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 11:59:55 pm »

I think HP is better if you have to make a choice. CA confers some of the same bonuses and you'll still get hit with ridiculous crits. With stone wall you'll still get knocked down. However if you get knocked unconscious, high HP will often keep you alive long enough so that you can wake up and use a superstim.
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 12:28:12 am »

Personally I think man of steel is great, with high luck the reduced damage and effects from crits is very noticeable. It cancels out half of better crits and all of even more crits in one perk.

Bego

• Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children!
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 12:51:53 am »

Yep, I've tested my LK5 + high DR + Man of steel char and I can say that fucker is really fucking resistant  8)
SECTION 8
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 22 queries.