"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:31:03 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Brahmin skining whit skinning perk  (Read 2782 times)

Re: Brahmin skining whit skinning perk
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 11:33:05 pm »

I like the idea of craftable tent item. and the requirements could be different. say 5hides + 4 poles + 5 fibers. so the newbie will have to learn how how to gather fibers, wood and kill brahmins.

skills they will never have to use again

LostSoul

• Gambling 300%
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2013, 02:48:02 am »

You guys are hating on the idea WAY too hard... you're not thinking of the other options for a players first tent.

As it's been said, a quest line or other way to acquire a first tent is completely logical.  Requiring people to have the skinning perk in order to get the hides, would boost the price on brahmin hides, making skinning a viable profession.

Making it require a perk to do a certain activity in the game increases specialization and, in my opinion, would make new players more interested and immersed in the role that they choose. Be it a trapper, a shephard, a brahmin herder etc.

So long as there is an easy quest-line or npc dialogue for new players to acquire their first tent, this suggestion is COMPLETELY viable.

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2013, 03:48:50 am »

I agree with Ed. Need a perk to skin a gecko, so a perk should be needed to skin a cow. Too bad if it makes the game tougher - it makes more sense. In fact, if it makes the game tougher, great! Game is too easy as it is. If weaklings quit, let them go. No loss - anyone who quits over such an easy thing is not a strong enough fan to survive here anyway. You PK jerks are the ones who run off the new players - and you dare complain about people leaving? Insanity.

Adding tent-related quests (or other ideas) also makes sense, but i cannot disagree with a RL butcher about obtaining cow hides. It is really hard work. Need an example? Watch the movie "Wyatt Earp" and find the scene with Bat Masterson where they are skinning cows (or was it Buffalo?).
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 05:18:48 am »

Requiring people to have the skinning perk in order to get the hides, would boost the price on brahmin hides, making skinning a viable profession.

Would be a harsher game for new guys, but no change for experienced players.

Making it require a perk to do a certain activity in the game increases specialization and, in my opinion, would make new players more interested and immersed in the role that they choose. Be it a trapper, a shephard, a brahmin herder etc.

= Alts.
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2013, 05:21:50 am »

I agree with Ed. Need a perk to skin a gecko, so a perk should be needed to skin a cow. Too bad if it makes the game tougher - it makes more sense. In fact, if it makes the game tougher, great! Game is too easy as it is. If weaklings quit, let them go. No loss - anyone who quits over such an easy thing is not a strong enough fan to survive here anyway. You PK jerks are the ones who run off the new players - and you dare complain about people leaving? Insanity.

Adding tent-related quests (or other ideas) also makes sense, but i cannot disagree with a RL butcher about obtaining cow hides. It is really hard work. Need an example? Watch the movie "Wyatt Earp" and find the scene with Bat Masterson where they are skinning cows (or was it Buffalo?).

You seem to not realize the game already lacks players, being a fan of fallout 2 isn't enough to make people want to play a game that goes out of it's way to be shittier.

LostSoul

• Gambling 300%
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2013, 05:39:19 am »

Would be a harsher game for new guys, but no change for experienced players.

You didn't seem to finish reading what was posted or suggested by other players then... Give new players a free tent via quest line or dialogue exchange with an NPC. PROBLEM SOLVED. Brahmin hides are now no longer a new player item, instead it's a mid level armor crafting RESOURCE.

come on Eternauta... you know it's as simple as making a tent simpler to get, and make the resources harder to get.

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2013, 07:31:11 am »

A little trouble getting hides is not why new guys quit. It's not the lag. It's not the leveling. It's mainly about how the existing players here victimize them. It's easy to kill a new guy, and squash his new faction. I guess being a jackass is like electricity: it takes the path of least resistance. So it's unacceptable to see those same guys pretend that trouble getting hides is why new guys quit.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2013, 12:43:17 pm »

Thanks for the suport and the first tent quest is aloso insanly good idea! Its making the game easyer for newbes. whil in the otherhand realistic for crafters and hunters!
Do you hear the voices too?
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 27 queries.