"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 05:31:49 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Would You like to have One Alt features in game?

Yes, it is good idea.
No, i dont want any changes.
Im shit shoveler

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: One Alt Crusade  (Read 30386 times)

avv

Re: One Alt Crusade
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2013, 10:40:30 pm »

Oh wait, let me get this straight, you want experience for activities which don't exist?

Tell me something I don't know.

Guess it boils down to adding these activities. Making big barters in unsafe towns might be a start.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2013, 10:53:30 pm »

This game needs dungeons, multiple repeatable quests for each faction to go wipe out raider bases or ambush caravans. Grinding random mobs that all function in he same way is boring. Incorporate skills into quests in ways that help but don't block your progress.  Like how you need to repair the generator in ship, instead of blocking you if you don't have repair it should just give bonus xp for doing it with repair but still have an option to take a longer route to achieve the same goal.

Fonline forces players to only experience a sliver of the total game on each character when it has no content to begin with, things like minimum 3 cha and int to talk should be removed. Just give stupid and ugly people worse prices from vendors.

The other problem is that humanoid npcs give shit xp and are much more dangerous. low level humanoids with guns should be at least 300 xp, way more for properly geared ones.

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2013, 11:04:37 pm »

Did You forget about "dangerous" shit-shoveling?

But, seriously XP for killing mobs could drop like it was 2 seasons ago. (It could works after the lvl cap for the endurance HP gain).

This change will allow to gain xp by mob grinding but will not make any advantages vs craft exping or repeatable quest making.
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2013, 11:08:52 pm »

Guess it boils down to adding these activities. Making big barters in unsafe towns might be a start.

Exactly, now you can wait till these activities are added, as well all other activities meant for player interaction added in the past two years. My count show none relevant at all.
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2013, 08:53:46 pm »

The game could realistically take this direction but the unfortunate fact is that best way to level would be killing centaurs and floaters all day. So activities in towns need to give some pure xp to encourage high level players to visit there.

Well, you will never stop people from grinding in these kinds of games. No-lifes just happen in any MMORPG and you can do nothing about it. However, this should not be the reason to limit everyone else because of that.

About the topic...

I generally agree with the author. I think that the right way to handle the issue of people becoming 'jacks of all trades' is not to restrict everyone by setting the level cap which you can hit in hours. I think that the right way is to let people advance their characters as much as they want, but still without them becoming overpowered.

With HP capped on let’s say 200 – no matter how many perks you have or how high your skills are – you will usually die in fight against 2 or 3 opponents that are on level 20 and are not idiots. On the other hand 1000 HP in addition to super stimpacks and fast FA is what can make your character immortal in battle but skills/perks do not have such power. That’s why I think that it is HP gain that should be capped - not an overall possibility to level up.

About diminishing exp gain for killing mobs – along with no level cap it might be ok if balanced properly. It’s because it discourages people from grinding and it’s good. It may be a pain in the ass for powergamers but this game shouldn’t be about it does it.
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2013, 04:17:09 am »

Diminishing xp is retarded, it's a terrible game design. Things give too little xp as it is, quests aren't really worth the time invested and grinding is the only reasonable way to level since there is nothing "fun" you can do to lvl at a reasonable pace. This game has almost nothing to do until lvl 24 and then after that absolutely nothing.

DocAN.

« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2013, 10:13:52 pm »

With HP capped on let’s say 200 – no matter how many perks you have or how high your skills are – you will usually die in fight against 2 or 3 opponents that are on level 20 and are not idiots. On the other hand 1000 HP in addition to super stimpacks and fast FA is what can make your character immortal in battle but skills/perks do not have such power. That’s why I think that it is HP gain that should be capped - not an overall possibility to level up.

Its alrdy in suggestion:

What need to be changed in game:
- block HP gain from Endurance,

Also the feature:

And by game features, which will be worked after the current lvl cap:
- +1 HP every lvl,

Will not break the game coz lets say +100 hp = + 100 lvls and its ZILION of XP, even then The One Alt will have max 390 HP

Following to this words:
This game has almost nothing to do until lvl 24 and then after that absolutely nothing.

Pack of features would change that thing a bit:
And by game features, which will be worked after the current lvl cap:
- +1 CW every lvl,
- +1 HP every lvl,
- +1 Posion resistnace every lvl,
- +1 Radiation resistance every lvl,
- +1 Party point every lvl.

One Alt Crusade
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2013, 08:18:18 pm »

Diminishing xp is retarded, it's a terrible game design. Things give too little xp as it is, quests aren't really worth the time invested and grinding is the only reasonable way to level since there is nothing "fun" you can do to lvl at a reasonable pace. This game has almost nothing to do until lvl 24 and then after that absolutely nothing.

Diminishing exp is retarded when you need to level up 15 alts in order to play. One character per player along with no lvl cap would change this game in its very basics, creating an obvious need to slow down a character progress above some extent. This can be achieved by increasing exp requirements needed to gain next level or by diminishing exp for killing mobs - it's optional and the result is the same.
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2013, 08:40:26 pm »

Idea is great but one thing is missing. Ch requirement for all quests and traders should be decreased to 1.
« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2013, 12:52:38 am »

Idea is great but one thing is missing. Ch requirement for all quests and traders should be decreased to 1.

Well, if you're trying to get people to use 1 alt, why not encourage diversity too.

Having a character with charisma shouldn't only be about having followers. The charisma requirement for quests is a good thing, it provides the need for charismatic characters as the binding factor. More difficult quests could need bigger teams, higher charisma needed, etc. This will result in, hopefully, more interaction between players.

Sure, leave some medium quests for 1 charisma characters. But the good stuff should only be obtained by teamwork and interaction.

DocAN.

« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2013, 11:52:36 am »

Once I see it, I will shit bricks.

Any progress with Skycast idea?

Mayck

• Rotator
  • ...shhhh...
« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2013, 01:18:29 pm »

Any progress with Skycast idea?
Not a single brick has been shat.

DocAN.

« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2013, 05:05:32 pm »

The last update has solved FR problem (at least in some way) and its good news but WIPE wrote somthing in changelog topic witch looks like a bad news, am i right that the features and game changes i have suggested can not be implemented without server wipe ?
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2013, 08:47:18 pm »

Bumpin' - I'm really new to this game, though after x days (weeks actually) of gameplay I think i can say this - It's a good idea, particulary in the area of removing the exp cap (which of course goes along with level-appropriate nerfing the exp gain - IMO if it's right from the beginning or <after> level 24 doesn't really matter. Balancing the values of various stats, frequency of perk gains, etc is up for debate. Being a total noob, I dare say that exping all the way to lvl 24 isn't any challenge at all, and doesn't really take much time. I don't count myself a no-lifer (full time job, studies at the weekends) and still I was able to reach it within silly time (couple of days). The one thing I would like to add (yeah, stone me, multialt pvp freaks), that the amount of exp gained for kills should be nerfed (1/4 to 1/2?) even if the 24lvl cap stays. It's just too easy and too fast. Also, I don't get the logic behind the exp values. Why a stupid molerat is worth 100-something (mutated one ~300), and a raider armed with a mauser (and most raider mobs - whatever their names are ingame) are worth ~100-150xp? Because of the crap loot?
« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2013, 09:43:05 pm »

I m wondering If developers appreciate this kind of solution...players should definitely vote more.Bump.
Indeed, perhaps one day we shall meet
Out in the country, or maybe on the street
Until that day here shall I wait
For death or for life, whichever my fate
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 24 queries.