"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 04, 2024, 10:50:31 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Special Encounter Hunting Tips  (Read 2983 times)

Special Encounter Hunting Tips
« on: January 10, 2013, 02:45:13 pm »

because i'm tired of all the theories and unanswered questions.

build doesn't really matter except for the following for which i'll explain in detail

10PE(+cautious nature), but you don't NEED it but here is why you do want it, it helps with encounter placement putting you closer to exit grid for running away, saving you time inside the unwanted encounter especially if in tb(if you're in tb turn it off).
10Luck again you don't NEED it but it helps in placement and i believe in avoiding encounters(along with ODM), I've never had a problem with encounter placement with a 10 luck char, 1 luck can lead to a bad placement from what I have gathered.

190ODM, you don't need 300 ODM 190 is the max amount you need to get the 95% avoidance rate as its 1% per 2 ODM.

As far as terrain goes I really don't know but here is what i've gathered aslong as it isn't city terrain you'll find either Bunker, Howitzer, or Family gravesite, pick an area and run around like chicken with its head cut off.

as for the random car encounter I really don't know, with the claims of finding them on non-city terrain  and city terrain i just can't say with certainty what terrain you wanna be looking on for it, only the Devs know how it works but here is my guess, anywhere within close proximity to a town or on a city grid.

Not exactly the end all or be all for a guide I know, but its as close as you're gonna get without the Dev's clueing us in on some of the mechanics/prerequirement(char level to be exact).

from what I can tell only the random car(Old Warehouse) has a level requirement for it. For the bunker the lowest level i've encountered it on was 12 but i don't think there is a level requirement for it.

Maybe some nice Dev would like to share some knowledge in this thread about special encounter or just maybe something i've overlooked/missed and i'll update it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 03:06:54 pm by Leim »
Moderator removed my signature :(

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
Re: Special Encounter Hunting Guide
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 02:48:04 pm »

urm....this is a terrible guide
Back In-Game :D

LostSoul

• Gambling 300%
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 02:49:48 pm »

Agreed.

because i'm tired of all the theories and unanswered questions....

Maybe some nice Dev would like to share some knowledge in this thread about special encounter or just maybe something i've overlooked/missed and i'll update it.

So you offer a bunch of "well this is what I THINK"

You say you're tired of theories and suggest nothing but unconfirmed theories....

And then end the thread with what EVERYONE is already asking for... the Devs INPUT.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 02:51:54 pm by LostSoul »
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 02:52:20 pm »

its the best you're gonna get and you know it, u just mad :P
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 02:56:57 pm »

well i've farmed 30 gausses this season so far, just sharing what I know, i get why its a terrible guide as you look at it and just see someone guessing.
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 02:59:14 pm »

its more like tips, not a guide.
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 03:01:17 pm »

its more like tips, not a guide.
good point, changed the topic thats actually what i was aiming for but said guide. :/
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 03:03:10 pm by Leim »
Re: Special Encounter Hunting Tips
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 03:03:41 pm »

I encountered 2 SE, both alts are LK 10 PE 1 ST 10 EN 10 AG 10 CH 1 IN 2 or 3
And both on desert
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 03:09:48 pm by gauvaran »

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 11:36:29 pm »

ear god people,do you actually believe that just because you build has some magical chosen stat or perk that it is your destiny to find a special encounter.There is no easy way for it.There USED TO be,but now there isn't.
Deal with it.
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 12:35:15 am »

ear god people,do you actually believe that just because you build has some magical chosen stat or perk that it is your destiny to find a special encounter.There is no easy way for it.There USED TO be,but now there isn't.
Deal with it.
read

build doesn't really matter except for the following for which i'll explain in detail

and how was it easier before? also whats wrong with saving time and effort when going after something or trying to reach a goal efficiently?

Swiatowid

• Whens WIPE? ... Soon!
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 12:42:23 am »

Guys guys u dont need special bulids or high stats to finde special its only a roll
that my opinion & im preaty shute its right
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 12:49:15 am »

read
and how was it easier before? also whats wrong with saving time and effort when going after something or trying to reach a goal efficiently?

Before you could farm a spot like east of gecko and farm gauss and gatlings because that area was where that encounter occurred, now its random

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2013, 01:18:15 am »

Before you could farm a spot like east of gecko and farm gauss and gatlings because that area was where that encounter occurred, now its random
fair enough it takes longer.

anyone here farming gausses using one char? I've yet to repeat any of the special encounters. as soon as i get howitzer, family grave and bunker i delete char and start over. not once have i repeated finding the same special enc. anyone?

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 01:24:44 am »

It has been rumored,many people claimed that they got 2 gauss pistol encounters with the same char,but it hasn't been confirmed as far as I know.
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2013, 01:43:06 am »

Haha you seriously delete chars after finding them? Do you ever think that you could be doing pretty much anything with your time and it would have more meaning?

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.711 seconds with 21 queries.