"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 08:38:37 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Craftable Scenery/farming  (Read 4010 times)

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
Craftable Scenery/farming
« on: January 01, 2013, 06:45:41 am »

Make spikes, fences, gates, barrels etc. craftable. This is good to make bases and tents more customizable. Would be nice to be able to decorate your place, no?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 06:22:00 pm by Gimper »

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
Re: Craftable Scenery
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 07:40:38 am »

And flares. Not necessarily craftable, but the light needs to last forever again. Different colors too! Don't forget flares. They're so useless this season. :'(

Fences/gates might be complicated to put down since they're technically walls, but yeah it all sounds good. Some trees/bushes/dried grass too, maybe from some quest/enc, even if not craftable since that doesn't make much sense. Or even, I don't know, have a seed item that will then grow them, then have Science to tear them up when unwanted.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
Re: Craftable Scenery
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 03:07:10 pm »

Yeah, flares were good when they lit forever. Shiny everywhere!
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Gimper

Re: Craftable Scenery/farming
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 06:21:43 pm »

And flares. Not necessarily craftable, but the light needs to last forever again. Different colors too! Don't forget flares. They're so useless this season. :'(

Fences/gates might be complicated to put down since they're technically walls, but yeah it all sounds good. Some trees/bushes/dried grass too, maybe from some quest/enc, even if not craftable since that doesn't make much sense. Or even, I don't know, have a seed item that will then grow them, then have Science to tear them up when unwanted.
Alright alright, I might as well suggest something that I was going to suggest a long time ago.
Replace the gambling skill with Farming. Make xander roots and broc flowers plant-able and harvest-able and; as Abe said, small shrubs and bushes for decor, tobacco and maybe even trees for wood. Having a higher farming skill will increase your chance of success to grow a healthy plant. With a low farming skill, it is very likely to have a plant that will shrivel and die.
I've gone over in my mind a thousand times, what would be a good replacement for gambling, and I keep coming to this one. Plus, this is the f****** wasteland, people would have to farm their own crops. Look at the npc's, they do it so why not the players? Let me know what y'all think.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 06:23:14 pm by Gimper »

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
Re: Craftable usable furniture
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 07:40:32 pm »

I just leave this here.

Because it's always so funny watching everyone standing near a chair.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 07:44:11 pm by Alvarez »

Gimper

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 10:46:46 pm »

ehhh... whattawhat now?
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 01:50:13 am »

Now that the floodgates for base decor have been opened with craftable containers, why not furniture? Bookshelves, tables, and chairs--that seems to be the next logical step.

I like the fences and barrels idea though, namely because they could be used to create mazes  for custom wargames...
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 03:25:24 am »

I like the idea of farming. As it stands your choices are pvp, pve or limited town interactions. Farming should have more substance though. Why spend all that time farming and raising your skill level just to grow tobbaco or fibers? Maybe base farming recipies  and build options on the outdoorsman skill to allow crops, materials, buildings, containers, ore deposits/small mines,live stock and some sort of automatic small return income sources like caravans. Ultimatley though there should be end game options to balance the skill and provide useful options to players/ merchants so it isnt a useless time sink.

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
Re: Craftable usable furniture
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 04:27:59 am »

I just leave this here.
Because it's always so funny watching everyone standing near a chair.

can never unsee...

Gimper

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 06:35:01 am »

And while we are on this subject, why not make craftable bear snares and frag mines. For safty measures in your base.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2013, 07:55:23 am »

there isnt really any outside treat for bases right now. Thats why we havent added this yet.

Gimper

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2013, 08:02:48 am »

there isnt really any outside treat for bases right now. Thats why we havent added this yet.
Well In case of base-rapers and sneakers, I think it is a good idea. Plus you could use them in encounters to injure npcs or even kill them.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2013, 08:20:21 am »

Well In case of base-rapers and sneakers, I think it is a good idea. Plus you could use them in encounters to injure npcs or even kill them.
Yeah, and those NPCs not suspicious when you put mines near them, really funny.
According only to the bases its good idea, unless scripts for npc behaviour will be made this would be cool for encoutners also.
h

jacky.

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2013, 09:19:41 am »

Mines would be used to troll in nr and tc.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2013, 02:47:52 pm »

ehhh... whattawhat now?
I think he wants the sitting animation added.
Because he thinks the way people stand near chairs and pretend they are sitting is wierd.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 24 queries.