"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:27:03 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Discussion: Stop this merc / slave madness in PVP  (Read 15135 times)

jacky.

Re: Discussion: Stop this merc / slave madness in PVP
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2012, 07:33:54 pm »

Price for rl mutie is ok. Only problem is army of muties over wm
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2012, 07:51:45 pm »

That's all shit. It's called "PvP"= 1 Player Vs 1 Player; so fast relog, dual log, trial log, and fucking mercs it's just cheating (or "shiting") for me. I agree with Lemark, ok for spawn with mercs in Pve encounters, but in PvP, it must be disallowed.
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2012, 07:53:12 pm »

That's all shit. It's called "PvP"= 1 Player Vs 1 Player; so fast relog, dual log, trial log, and fucking mercs it's just cheating (or "shiting") for me. I agree with Lemark, ok for spawn with mercs in Pve encounters, but in PvP, it must be disallowed.

This is a team based game not a 1v1 game.

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2012, 08:13:31 pm »

Price for rl mutie is ok. Only problem is army of muties over wm

The armies of RL mutants on WM is because of unbalanced prices. Nobody has unlimited amount of resources.

Players over-exaggerate that everyone has shitload of stuff and nobody ever runs out of anything, bullshit.
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2012, 08:42:55 pm »

The armies of RL mutants on WM is because of unbalanced prices. Nobody has unlimited amount of resources.

Players over-exaggerate that everyone has shitload of stuff and nobody ever runs out of anything, bullshit.

Kind of like how players exaggerate the dangers posed by mercs and slaves and heavy handed and ac and sneakers...

Basically anything anyone will ever get killed by will become a crusade for tc pussies to jump on the whine wagon until everything is removed from the game and it dies from lack of interest.

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2012, 09:13:21 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6GIUenCWGQ" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6GIUenCWGQ</a>

Start watching from 7:30~ to not miss something.

Kind of like how players exaggerate the dangers posed by mercs and slaves and heavy handed and ac and sneakers...

It's much better put than you think, you fail to realize that because your some loner, you don't participate in these kind of actions. I don't expect you to understand, because you usually ignore viable points, talk in circles and it's better to not pay attention as your a genuine troll. Term like balance, moderation of features is just simply foreign for you as long as YOU have fun with your troll characters what bring nothing to game play, then it's alright, but when a whole player group raises voice and arguments it properly, you show complete lack of comprehensive abilities normal human beings possess.

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2012, 09:33:05 pm »

moderation of features is just simply foreign for you as long as YOU have fun with your troll characters what bring nothing to game play,

ok, ok, who are YOU to say he brings nothing to gameplay? this is a sandbox game, which means everyone does what everyone wants, in the limit of game mechanics. if he decides to play solo, it's his choice. if he decides to bring 8 plasma slaves to kill camk2gatlinglasertank in NCR, it's his choice. stop acting like you should tell people how to play their game.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 09:56:39 pm by DeputyDope »

avv

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2012, 10:11:44 pm »

Incorrect.

If that would be the case, we'd see nothing but the most expensive mercenaries out in the field.

Caps and muties are nothing but farming and preparing. What brings victories will be prepared no matter the cost, if there are people willing to do what it takes. This has to end, the excessive rewarding for preparing.

If you're rich, it means you can afford more rounds. Not that you win the rounds because you smash the enemy with expensive mercs the enemy can't afford. That's just an opinion.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2012, 11:13:00 pm »

Caps and muties are nothing but farming and preparing. What brings victories will be prepared no matter the cost, if there are people willing to do what it takes. This has to end, the excessive rewarding for preparing.

Its an assumption which isn't always true, there is no, no matter what the cost, it's always relevant because at some point the effort can be high enough to discourage players at some level to use the feature the way it is used, by altering mechanisms of how mercenaries work making them a lot less effective and viable to use, along with tweaks in the price of them making it a very time consumptive and expensive preparation.

Price is only one of many factors here, I don't say players will suddenly stop using them if the price is balanced, but it would be more of a regulation, if mercenaries are used, then what and how rewarding and expensive it is, at what cost. I stated already that players currently use only the most-cost efficient solutions which so far are effective at the same time, balance that and you won't see the same usage of the same mercenaries in the same quantities.

Think about it, if you can't log off your character once you spawned your mercenaries, otherwise they go to world map and its -1 combat character automatically since you have to be inside the character all the time while the mercenaries are fighting and alive + they don't have an auto attack function, you can't expect players to be just as effective with them as before.

It's not only about preparation, cost, but also the usage.

ok, ok, who are YOU to say he brings nothing to gameplay?

Uh ... T-888?

I won't touch the same topic again, it's been discussed so many times and yet still some hurt trolls bring up the same topic again and again.

Maybe Avv will be kind enough to tell you again for the 70th time why bluesuit trolls bring nothing to gameplay, I sure don't give a frack anymore as the situation is somehow fixed, though barely.

stop acting like you should tell people how to play their game.

Their game? Huh? What's your game? There is no "your, his game". It's our game because we play, or you could say that it is the developers game, but certainly not mine or yours.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 11:49:23 pm by T-888 »

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2012, 12:05:23 am »

Its an assumption which isn't always true, there is no, no matter what the cost, it's always relevant because at some point the effort can be high enough to discourage players at some level to use the feature the way it is used, by altering mechanisms of how mercenaries work making them a lot less effective and viable to use, along with tweaks in the price of them making it a very time consumptive and expensive preparation.

Price is only one of many factors here, I don't say players will suddenly stop using them if the price is balanced, but it would be more of a regulation, if mercenaries are used, then what and how rewarding and expensive it is, at what cost. I stated already that players currently use only the most-cost efficient solutions which so far are effective at the same time, balance that and you won't see the same usage of the same mercenaries in the same quantities.

Even if the price is balanced out and regulated, this will still not solve the problems. The reason being; obviously people will not accept inexperienced players into their faction, therefore allowing only adept players to participate in TC and PvP. Adept players, being the ones who have money, and have the knowledge of how to make money. Therefore, they would still have the preparation and the expenses to buy their mercs, no matter what the factors are. So either way, the merc problem will always be there. It's pointless to try to get around it.
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2012, 12:17:10 am »

What?

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2012, 02:40:27 am »

What?
A deaf, retarded African child could understand what I just wrote..... I'm saying in short, that nothing is going to change.

jacky.

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2012, 03:41:06 am »

rising prices is bad way. we should think how to fix it becasue now i am 100% sure tnb will prepare 100 muties for tc because they lost in redding. and mutie cold war will be rolling until wipe or one of side will be bankrupt. great tc feature. followers would be nice instead of crapy mercs or slaves. u cant kill 50 running slaves with frag/plasma nades  when they are spawned 30hexes behing u.
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2012, 04:35:10 am »

A deaf, retarded African child could understand what I just wrote..... I'm saying in short, that nothing is going to change.

I read what you wrote, but I wasn't able to find connections to how you came to that conclusion, that doesn't make sense.

Even if the price is balanced out and regulated =>  inexperienced players => only adept players to participate in TC => Adept players money,knowledge => no matter what the factors are.

It's pointless to try to get around it.

Look it's not rational thought, there's nothing to do with who, how experienced is or who has what knowledge or what factions take players, how the hell can you make such connections. It's completely besides the point, I think you wanted to say that players will farm any amount of caps and put any amount of effort to get what they want and it isn't true. Players aren't machines, objects or items, there is a living, breathing human being behind the screen who will find it irritating, discouraging to buy mercenaries at all with proper balance, at least in the same quantities now.

I don't think you understand what regulated and balanced prices means for those who actually have any deal with them. Player will rather forget about it, than spend more hours a day just to have the same mercenaries to throw away each fight, at some point it's not going to be worth enough.

Here read this.
Price is only one of many factors here ...

It's not only about preparation, cost, but also the usage.

Seriously you have some hard times reading, before posting? Don't focus and argue on a cycle about prices, focus on the mechanics which discourages the use of them and put all of the combined changes together, try to think about the whole effect - big picture.

Currently the prices of mercenaries doesn't make sense and they have to be balanced anyway.

btw moderators read
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071227133103AAVTo62

;D ... seriously, how can I insult someone for who he is?

lmfao ;D

rising prices is bad way. we should think how to fix it becasue now i am 100% sure tnb will prepare 100 muties for tc because they lost in redding. and mutie cold war will be rolling until wipe or one of side will be bankrupt. great tc feature. followers would be nice instead of crapy mercs or slaves. u cant kill 50 running slaves with frag/plasma nades  when they are spawned 30hexes behing u.

Rising prices is just one of the way how to do it, in simple tongue ... uh

do many things at once to fix, no, no, no only price, no look at only price, look all things once.

Keep out your personal agenda of neutral discussions.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 09:13:14 am by T-888 »

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2012, 09:18:23 am »

Maybe Avv will be kind enough to tell you again for the 70th time why bluesuit trolls bring nothing to gameplay, I sure don't give a frack anymore as the situation is somehow fixed, though barely.

whether you like it or not, being a bluesuit is part of the game. what about bluesuit sneaks? they bring nothing to the game either? if bluesuit trolls bring nothing to the game, what about these big-ass factions that form huge alliances and make pvp an unbearable grind-fest? you are not the one to decide who brings/doesn't bring anything to this game.

Their game? Huh? What's your game? There is no "your, his game". It's our game because we play, or you could say that it is the developers game, but certainly not mine or yours.

ok,let me rephase. stop telling people how to play FOnline:2238 and stop acting like you hold the ultimate truth about how this game should be played! better?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 32 queries.