"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 09:16:46 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: PvP loot to the not so deserving  (Read 9704 times)

Gunstar

• drama queen dead millionaire/h4x0r
PvP loot to the not so deserving
« on: December 08, 2012, 12:09:30 am »

Was it intended that if you win a fight in PvP that players just relog to other characters to get their loot back + yours? Some how this concept is not the 2238 I knew, people who lose fights do not deserve to get their loot back by just fast relogging until its over.

So is 2238 suppose to be a game where first wave first wave, the loser of that fight deserves to get his gear back + his enemies by using 2-4 characters? Players do not deserve the loot they get in the fashion and is not the 2238 I once knew, if you win a fight that team deserves to lose their loot and to be dropped off at the tent, not lose the fight then come back agian 30 seconds later to kill the remaining to get their loot back + their enemies.  This is a concept I do not understand in this game a loser of a PvP does not deserve to get their loot back because they can re-enter agian and agian without traveling from a replication tent to base to town.

This is much of my rage this sesion in PvP endless times we win fights and then they just keep coming to get their loot back + more when they lost that first wave fight, I do not understand how this is a good concept for a game, the winner no longer takes all, the losing side can get their gear back.

So why should I have to be the person who has to farm craft get all the best gear over and over becuase it gets lost from multiple waves of PvP characters? What reward is there to PvP other than just getting a few frags before that next wave comes in? Really is there any point to this is this intended I do not understand why a game would reward those who lose in a fight.
Re: PvP loot to the not so deserving
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 12:36:02 am »

It's a known issue, you won't solve or achieve anything by writing this, your frustration and effort to acknowledge this problem is obsolete.

Gunstar

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 01:38:04 am »

It's a known issue, you won't solve or achieve anything by writing this, your frustration and effort to acknowledge this problem is obsolete.

Yes winning the fight no longer is winning any loot, it is an obsolete concept and why this is only a 150 player game with more people dropping even though it has a big brand name title "fallout" behind it.

This game has potential many mods for a brand title games have become full blown production, but this game has potential and its just stupid what players do. But whatever what does anybody care nor would they fix it or have the know how to make this "player token" as suggested. Don't know why I would expect a group of amature video game programers to make a completely complex anti-cheat security 1 client for 1 computer identifer software is probably beyond them.

August

• ♫ I wish they all could be New California... ♫
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 02:28:14 am »

Yes winning the fight no longer is winning any loot, it is an obsolete concept and why this is only a 150 player game with more people dropping even though it has a big brand name title "fallout" behind it.

This game has potential many mods for a brand title games have become full blown production, but this game has potential and its just stupid what players do. But whatever what does anybody care nor would they fix it or have the know how to make this "player token" as suggested. Don't know why I would expect a group of amature video game programers to make a completely complex anti-cheat security 1 client for 1 computer identifer software is probably beyond them.
Another guy acting like the dev's actually "OWE" him. They don't get payed nothing for this game and most of us don't pay a cent. The reason they removed the fast relog timer was because of numerous glitches and issues. Many people bypassed it anyway. Also whats stopping YOU from doing what the loser's are doing? Just start relogging and grabbing up gear bud.
——————/´ ¯/)———Rage Quit Threads
—————--/—-/———Town Burster's
—————-/—-/———Real Time Combat
———--/´¯/'--'/´¯`•_———Spawn Camper's
———-/'/--/—-/—--/¨¯\———Forum PvP
——--('(———- ¯~/'--')———NCR "PvP"
———\————-'—--/———
———-'\'————_-•———
————\———--(———

Gunstar

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 03:07:41 am »

Another guy acting like the dev's actually "OWE" him. They don't get payed nothing for this game and most of us don't pay a cent. The reason they removed the fast relog timer was because of numerous glitches and issues. Many people bypassed it anyway. Also whats stopping YOU from doing what the loser's are doing? Just start relogging and grabbing up gear bud.

I am so sick of this arguement, I think this game has potential and could be a really good game if it was fixed, and changed. Is there any game thats a 3rd person rpg shooter where you do mass battles to try to capture towns? This game has a great concept a great challenge, I would probably pay $50.00 dollars if this became a store shelf game. But they keep doing random things make features that are more and more frustrating, and on top of that players do obnoxious things to annoy eachother and you wonder why people get angry.

Tell me this how you do expect people to keep calm and keep their interests when every guy is out to troll. You know the minute somebody shows some sign of anger or frustration its not "oh i understand been through it" its more like every person has to keep provoking a frustrated player further by writing stupid trollish shit. Then if you are not wise people can steal all you hardwork your gear that you spent hours obtaining. Then there are those who don't play fair by doing things that are agiasnt the rules in PvP when no GM is online.

You know something no they don't owe me anything but this game pisses me the fuck off, and it makes many players angry. I am tired of the free game arguement because I have seen it before where a free mod game became a million dollar hit just look at counter strike, it was a mod for half life free game became one of the most popular games across the world. And people who work on this game should try to do better and achieve something better than making a half ass broken game.

You know many older gamers are looking for something challening something that has the old school golden era RPG feel with no quest holding, the isometric view and this is it right here a good challenging multiplayer game with a lot of good PvP but its broken features and nonsense fixes that gets on my nerves on top of every dumb fuck who has some smart ass comment to make.

And btw its not entirely free, I paid money for the fallout 2 cd which is needed to play this game but the money goes to the rights holder and not the 2238 team. But you know what many would like a fallout mmo game and this could be it if it was reworked with some modern graphics for the kids and used the same SPECIAL system and perks, and the same real time PvP gameplay.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 03:19:56 am by Gunstar »
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 04:26:30 am »

just do what others did long time ago - delete it,its never gonna change. Worse and worse people are becoming mods and devs and they implement worse and worse changes, quit dude,its not worth it

killy the good angel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnf6eia8M2k
FO by sadists for sadomasochists

Alexandrite

• Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 04:29:25 am »

just do what others did long time ago - delete it,its never gonna change. Worse and worse people are becoming mods and devs and they implement worse and worse changes, quit dude,its not worth it

killy the good angel

In my opinion, that's horrible advise... :(

Just ignore the loss if someone dual logs/fast relogs and kills you again, just move on...

May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.

Gunstar

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 05:07:12 am »

I have been playing this session since the first hours of the wipe almost every day and things just get tiresome and irritating after a while. At the same time I would love to quit to play another game but everything is just seems like its not challenging enough and doesn't have the same grittiness as this game.

Would just like a better version of this game but the one I liked disapeared off the face of the earth after its wipe, which was tlamk2 it sounded like it had good promises for what they were going to add. Goon haven is all written and russian and its client has trojans on it. Then reqiuem its another russian game with limited english translation and english speaking players.

There is no other game with RPG eliments like stats, perks, skills that has futuristic weapons in third person view. There is no other experience as this one you cannot find it another game. I just wish this game was better and more professional developed then maybe it would be a good decent game than the same old "its free game its excuse to program irritating crappy features and fixes".

2238 team did not develope the maps the towns, the SPECIAL system, the skills the weapons this was all done by interplay they didn't develope the good parts of the game which was done by a professional company. The crap and irritating part is done by the 2238 team and other players who think of ways to piss people off in PvP and who love to grief others.

I grow tired and its fucking boring and uninterested to constaly craft and farm shit to give away to players who don't win in PvP without doing stupid abuses and obnoxious things like fast relog to get their gear back + mine. Yes I can fast relog I have the characters to do it but that is just one person on a team of 8-16 who do not wish to put the effort or organize such a tactic. It was just better and less irritaing and wasn't a buzz kill to win a pvp fight and to put a full effort into something last session there was the reward of winning the loot, hell its not so much that I care about looting but it would be nice if some team mate at least was able to loot something and have some reward than the constant DO PICE KURWA SUKA DICK SHIT COCK SUCKERS being yelled on the mic all day because we grow tired of farming and crafting every single fucking day only to lose it all and go off and farm it agian it just becomes routine boring its not challenging or fun to constaly run in and out of advance work benchese or to farm NPCs for 2-3 hours to lose it in less than 2-3 minutes if you play your best and hardest when a group of players can just come in over and over and over until you are all dead and run to the world map with all their loot they lost + yours. What is the reward exactly what is the fucking point to this fucking game.

As far as I see it its just a stupid fucking game where you pile things in a base to stare at it or to use it to go fight other players. When you fight other players win a fight because the other team splits off plays horrible they should not be able to just come back on more characters to get it back. Thier gear deserves to be in my tent or my team mates tents not theirs when they die and play shitty. And becuase of this people are quiting the game the factions are getting smaller and nobody is relaxed who plays this game its a constant headache and entire day ruined over a fucking video game.

I mean what is the point in standing in a town for 15 minutes when that timer could be easily lost in less than 5 minutes because of fast relog, or why do they expect us to play in these horrible fucking tc zones small portion of map which on some maps are just fast relog traps. Toilet controlled sucked but at least the fun part of toilet control was you could setup a camping or attack strategy anywhere on the map not in the same old shitty TC zones the same old routine the same stupid tactic and strategies used for the last 2 years.

But yup its a free game stop crying blah blah blah, new session with wipe please give us something better and more fun I know you can be more creative and make a more enjoyable game even if you don't get paid and only work off of donation money. Stop thinking like nazis, and think like capistalist make this game like it has the potential to be a million dollar title, because it does it can be better it could be pitched to be the fallout MMO or maybe this game could be done on a professional modern multiplayer engine. Would it sell to the masses, don't know if it would I am sure the current satus people would return this game to the fucking store most like but just think of wastelands 2 and how much money it got from donations to be made professionally and how many people would pay money for its title, and its being done with a full effort and will probably end up being a good game. Serious 2238 team stop thinking like this game isn't worth a shit and think that it has potential to be worth of value then maybe I will show more respect and be less angry along with alot of your dedicated player base.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 05:16:39 am by Gunstar »

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 05:30:54 am »

I think one character tied to one account would be a worthy option to try.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3443093/what-is-a-good-unique-pc-identifier
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

Gunstar

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2012, 06:00:10 am »

I think one character tied to one account would be a worthy option to try.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3443093/what-is-a-good-unique-pc-identifier

I could tell you how to bypass this right away, VM ware or any virtualization program. When I was playing multi theft auto with some of the former chosen soldiers, they have this type of security where its nearly impossible to bypass a ban because it has a serial generated based on your NIC's indentifier. 2 ways to bypass it would be to spoof your mac address or install VMware which creates a virtual identifier and it makes the connection think its authentic. But really how many of these guys would know how to use VMware or to find some kiddy script that changes your NIC's mac address? But there would be some who could and would figure this out becuase they can't play any other way they just have to have that advantage overs to win at a 100 player game.

Its a fantasy at this point and would be better if they just put a 30s-1 minute relog timer and baby sit on GM accounts for those who don't wish to comply with the rules. And remove ability to connect on HTTP/SOCKS proxy protocol. I mean its more practical to just put a relog timer and baby sit, then trying to think up of some anti-cheat unique identifier shenanigan that would block any possibility to bypass the timer or to block connecting on a sandboxy window or on a virtual box. They can barely handle programing brahmin shit what makes you think they could program something like this?

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2012, 06:40:21 am »

I could tell you how to bypass this right away, VM ware or any virtualization program. When I was playing multi theft auto with some of the former chosen soldiers, they have this type of security where its nearly impossible to bypass a ban because it has a serial generated based on your NIC's indentifier. 2 ways to bypass it would be to spoof your mac address or install VMware which creates a virtual identifier and it makes the connection think its authentic. But really how many of these guys would know how to use VMware or to find some kiddy script that changes your NIC's mac address? But there would be some who could and would figure this out becuase they can't play any other way they just have to have that advantage overs to win at a 100 player game.

Its a fantasy at this point and would be better if they just put a 30s-1 minute relog timer and baby sit on GM accounts for those who don't wish to comply with the rules. And remove ability to connect on HTTP/SOCKS proxy protocol. I mean its more practical to just put a relog timer and baby sit, then trying to think up of some anti-cheat unique identifier shenanigan that would block any possibility to bypass the timer or to block connecting on a sandboxy window or on a virtual box. They can barely handle programing brahmin shit what makes you think they could program something like this?

Am not going to argue because I don't really care but I use vmwar, virtual pc, and whatever the one from oracle is.  You have an image you can clone but the windows install has a unique identifier tied to the installation as one approach, other tell tale signs are multiple instances from the same net address.  Other things you could check are hd serials, cpu serials etc,.  The ability for ameteaur programmers to implement these solutions is rather well....... yeah.....  Oh well.
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

Gunstar

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2012, 07:24:05 am »

Am not going to argue because I don't really care but I use vmwar, virtual pc, and whatever the one from oracle is.  You have an image you can clone but the windows install has a unique identifier tied to the installation as one approach, other tell tale signs are multiple instances from the same net address.  Other things you could check are hd serials, cpu serials etc,.  The ability for ameteaur programmers to implement these solutions is rather well....... yeah.....  Oh well.

I won't argue as I am not a video game programmer just some guy who studied computer networking in college. But I am more talking about bypassing an ip address ban along with what they called a "serial ban" which was a random algorithm which created a jibberish combo of letters and words which was based on a network card identifier. Although in this game there wasn't the constant need to keep creating a new account, this was mostly done in this game because of the constant cheaters bypassing bans.

Maybe the russians who made the SDK could program something like this as they probably programmed most of the computer networking code for it to function as a client / server type of thing. I think they could program some sort of serial algorithm that creates a random serial number such as that in multi theft auto. (this game is also similar to this game it is san andreas multiplayer game made for PC, game was not intended for multiplayer). But you have this serial generated on the client end, and gets authenticated on the server end, and it is very difficult to spoof or change for average PC user.

But yes realistically 2238 team trying to do something like this dot dot dot well dot dot dot yeah dot dot dot
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 07:40:19 am by Gunstar »
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2012, 09:30:35 am »

I think it's funny how you all are getting on this guys case when he brings up a very valid point.  The fact that it may have been mentioned in the past does NOT in any way make his point any less important or noteworthy.  In fact since it is an ongoing issue it merits much MORE attention.  Now I know that since this involves taking away something from the PvP apes people are going to sh%t themselves sideways crying and fighting against it because nothing should ever be taken away from them.  I do not believe hoping for a more fair system when it comes to pvp is 'Expecting something from the devs who don't get paid.'  I think it's a reasonable expectation of any good game.  Yes the Dev's do not get paid, but I do believe they are trying to make a playable fun game here.  Fast relog is an issue and has been in many aspects of the game, and used in this fashion is just shy of an exploit, since it drastically changes the game play. 

Some of you may have forgotten in an open beta we are play testers along with being players, we play this free game to help test it out and bring up things that could be better, need to be fixed, or address other issues in game.  You guys seem to miss that we're trying to get closer to some form of end product, I don't expect a polished game with a box and nifty artwork, but before many of the dev's walked away they actually wanted feedback to help fix the game.  You are all so focused on keeping what little ways you have of doing things, that you don't care if the rest of the game can't stand on one leg, so long as you have your easy modes.  These is no one thing wrong right now in game, and no one big fix, but to attack someone for having a different view is really sad.  I have stuck with this game for quite sometime, I still have hope that some of the dev's still feel the spark that most of this forum community tries their best to stamp out, and continue working on this game.  It has so much potential that keeps getting hidden behind players afraid of change.

And Gun this is how it is to anyone with some form of reasonable issue or idea.  The best you can do is say your peace and hope that a Dev can see through all the whining replies.
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13

avv

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2012, 10:58:40 am »

I won't deny the effects fast relogs have in pvp. But if we didn't have fastrelogs, the first team inside would be in big disadvantage because the enemy can scout and troll them freely while keeping its troops on worldmap. When there's a gap in defenses, the worldmap team spawns. Maps have multiple entrances and many directions where the enemy might come and it's impossible to spare sneaks everywhere, unless with dual log.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Gunstar

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2012, 11:29:30 am »

I won't deny the effects fast relogs have in pvp. But if we didn't have fastrelogs, the first team inside would be in big disadvantage because the enemy can scout and troll them freely while keeping its troops on worldmap. When there's a gap in defenses, the worldmap team spawns. Maps have multiple entrances and many directions where the enemy might come and it's impossible to spare sneaks everywhere, unless with dual log.

You died on your big gunner, relogged to a sniper to enter on 2nd wave of fast relog, and it was really quick we didn't even have a chance to exit with your loot. This is getting really really fucking old. Your gear belonged in my tent and base, not back in yours with even more stuff than what you entered with becuase you died to a knock out. This is the reason why this game is shit and why you and allies will not complain about anything because your all full of shit and happy pissing us all off with your stupid fucking exploiting and abusing fast relog.

But beside the point this is getting really aggrevitating and do you not hate this shit when its done to you? Because this game is starting to get really aggrevitating and my patience is wearing very thin with it because of things like advance work benches, resources depleted, fast relog, the constant regearing and farming because of people like you who do not deserve any loot for dying in PvP.

Just face it AVV you can justify yourself all you want but its still a aggrevitating game but no I guess not for you, you get your gear back plus more every time you die in a PvP fight why should you be mad and not write rage posts? You invented fast relog tactics you and kuma were the first who sent in 20 waves of characters with gatling lasers or do you not remember this. The usual denial corporate bull shit as usual to make yourself look like the good guy.

CoA and BBS alliance didn't fast relog at reno, please.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 18 queries.