"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 06:26:31 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: PvP loot to the not so deserving  (Read 9708 times)

Re: PvP loot to the not so deserving
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2012, 06:10:41 pm »

lol the "ban fast relog" whiner openly admits to cheating with dual log in pvp 

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2012, 06:11:13 pm »

I'm not some fan of goodwill or fair play either but think of it like this: If something is declared illegal by the authorities and you still do it, it basically means you're choosing to step on the toes of gm. Gms are pretty nasty foes, they can delete items, bases, permaban characters and their methods can't be resisted or complained of. You chose to mess with them.

Oh please, about what GM's are you talking about? One developer who does care to do nothing most of the time?

Think about it this way, rule doesn't have any power if it isn't properly enforced, because currently it isn't. We have the part of players who constantly use multiple clients and those who don't, one side complains about the other, we can fix that. So, why not to do a favor for all the community and allow for everyone to freely play on multiple clients, because hey ... everyone would have the same opportunity and then whining about cheaters wouldn't cut as an excuse. Guess what would they bitch about then? The game itself, that is the problem, not the cheaters and it is nothing new. I don't see any point of this never ending story, just legitimate multiple clients. Problem solved, until some real solution comes.

What do you say, huh? Players liked FR because it allowed them more of an edge of those who cheat, why not allow everyone to cheat, so everyone would be considered equal?

Simple enough for people who don't agree with that, either start using dual log or shut the fuck up.

lol the "ban fast relog" whiner openly admits to cheating with dual log in pvp

Stop bitching.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 06:18:33 pm by T-888 »

avv

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2012, 06:36:09 pm »

Guess what would they bitch about then? The game itself, that is the problem, not the cheaters and it is nothing new.

True. But the cheaters shouldn't stay silent either. They should equally stand up and state that the game is making them dual log and something needs to be done.

But still, rule is a rule. You can tell the non-cheaters to stop bitching, but then you can't bitch either if some gm decides to smack you randomly.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2012, 06:56:05 pm »

True. But the cheaters shouldn't stay silent either. They should equally stand up and state that the game is making them dual log and something needs to be done.

How can you be so naive? There is nobody here to make the proper features, developers don't have enough time for that and it seems no interest either, tell me do you understand that? Talking isn't going to fix the problem, you will have to play with the same issues for a very long time. Stand up for equality you say! Oh come on, I want to see your facial expression once you understand it's not so righteous, noble as it sounds, nor reasonable to do so.

I just did. Equally stand up and what did I propose, the game is not making me dual log, I do it because I can. I did spawn mercenaries for a while with FR, then I thought, what difference does it make? It's just more comfortable to do it by two clients. The chances of being caught by doing it on multiple clients is so low, that I just fuck it. Now that I present you a "solution", witch you don't even acknowledge directly, to give everyone equal chances, because I wouldn't really mind.

But still, rule is a rule. You can tell the non-cheaters to stop bitching, but then you can't bitch either if some gm decides to smack you randomly.

They have been smacking randomly for the past years, has something changed? You still don't get it? Fuck that rule.

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2012, 07:04:46 pm »

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2012, 07:28:35 pm »

It's wall of text topic, can't read it.
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2012, 07:34:46 pm »

Motivate yourself.

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2012, 08:56:07 pm »

It's wall of text topic, can't read it.

IKR, who else sees a post by either triple 8 or avv and just thinks ughhhh, next post please :)
I'd wear my eyes out reading that!
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2012, 10:13:07 pm »

avv and T888 you two need help.You probably wrote more words individualy than i did since i joined this forum.

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2012, 10:20:36 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GgflscOmW8" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GgflscOmW8</a>

DeadMillionareH4x0r

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2012, 11:34:08 pm »

You know what fuck it, I just write rage posts because it helps relieve tension is all.

But really I just get mad because I see a potentially good game with a bunch of frustrating features filled with griefer trolls and flame baiters. Some how I keep taking the bait from these people and it just gets me no where really. So you know what folks I get angry write really dickhead angry posts but its the only way I can relieve tension from this game.

We are all just try hards when it comes to PvP, and sometimes I forget its just a game made for fun. A good nights rest and a taking a good break from the game helps if you play this game for many hours.

Im just sick of getting angry over this game but at same time I still enjoy it. I do not hate anybody who plays I try to keep calm be nice but I'm just a try hard rager, because its what I am a PvP try hard I just want to be a good player with the best stuff and win at PvP.

And this is the problem with a game like this everybody is trying so hard to win and pissing people off with trolling then trying to find something fun and relaxing to do in the game. It is the mentality of a power game, and I am competiting with other power gamers which is a very difficult thing, its the tense competition to be the best gang and faction that drives away the fun at times.

The thing is they could put back in the relog timer, they easily could, they have the potenial to fix this but they probably won't they won't make a fantasy automated dual log fast relog anti-cheat feature.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 11:41:35 pm by DeadMillionareH4x0r »
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2012, 11:40:12 pm »

I think the root issue to start with is that there's not a lot of honor and fairness in PvP to begin with; you get jumped 4 on 1 enough times at an entry grid without being able to fire a shot and relog starts looking more like an equalizer than a sin.

Get rid of camping and make it so each side has to enter opposite ends of the map in predetermined numbers. Make TC more of a regulated sandbox skirmish and I guarantee all participants will be more satisfied with the outcome.
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2012, 03:53:47 pm »

There is no honor in this game at all really and when you add in the ability for a prepared losing party to be able to fast relog and retake everything not just their stuff it's well Broken.  The apes can cry all they want about it being taken away but it's a broken feature which leads to extremely broken gameplay, which really destroys much of what is left of the fun in game.  Wasteland is Harsh apes, time to feel it too.
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13

gyspyjew059105

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2012, 04:02:08 am »

There is no honor in this game at all really and when you add in the ability for a prepared losing party to be able to fast relog and retake everything not just their stuff it's well Broken.  The apes can cry all they want about it being taken away but it's a broken feature which leads to extremely broken gameplay, which really destroys much of what is left of the fun in game.  Wasteland is Harsh apes, time to feel it too.

No you are right this game is not easy and fair never will be not the complaint, but it was more enjoyable when you could just make one pvp character you really enjoyed playing for all your fights and not need to farm 10 characters worth of gear to pull this off. The fast relog timer was a beautiful thing it was probably the one thing they should have kept in. They removed in closed beta test and they just didn't put it back in. But whatever fuck it, I found a nice solution to this problem all loot has to be donated to science :)

So there you go BBS/CoA enjoy your 2 metal parts and alloys all you will get back from using fast relog :)

Prometheus Pithras

• Blues, Blues Never Change
    • Black Metal Radio
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2013, 02:18:45 pm »

just do what others did long time ago - delete it,its never gonna change. Worse and worse people are becoming mods and devs and they implement worse and worse changes, quit dude,its not worth it

killy the good angel
I second that

[img]http://oi43.tinypic.com/nmcnly.jpg[/img

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv9Zm8qBT-U[
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 23 queries.