"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 01:20:03 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Life needs a price  (Read 8605 times)

avv

Life needs a price
« on: November 25, 2012, 06:12:16 pm »

Fastrelog and new respawn timer have caused an issue called bluesuit spamming. If you carry nothing, you got no fear of death. Players simply aim towards points of interest and keep coming back in bluesuit.

I suggest that the price of everyone's life is 100 caps and it works like this:

Once you respawn, you wake up in some caravan camp or children of apocalypse field hospital. There's a dialog that goes like this:
Them: "We found you half dead and tended you with the best of our abilities"
You: "Wow, thanks! I'll be going now"
Them: "What you think this is all for free? Start shoveling!"

Then you have to shovel shit for 100 caps OR pay them with a check if you have a bank account.This money is then transferred to your killer's bank account. If he has no bank account, once he starts one the moneys are instantly transferred there. Any excess is transferred to your own bank account.
None of this makes any sense but it does what it's supposed to do: give your life a price. So stop coming in bluesuit, gear up and protect yourself.
It couldn't be abused because if you killed your own alts it'd be the same as if you shoveled shit in any town.

If you yourself die while your victim's respawn timer is on, he doesn't have to pay. This is to prevent suicide bursting in safe towns, or suiciding in general. To discourage them even more, a fancy system could be developed that the burster has to pay for both - only in safe towns.

But wouldn't this encourage bluesuit hunting? Yes it would and that's great. Finally some real robbers. And furthermore, bluesuits get shot in hostile places anyway. There's no encouragement to not to shoot them, so best start making up some to encouragements for tc players to protect their city's visitors.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
Re: Life needs a price
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 06:14:32 pm »

Yes let's troll new players. Oh wait there aren't any because of stupid suggestions like this.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 06:17:27 pm »

Yes let's troll new players. Oh wait there aren't any because of stupid suggestions like this.
There are so much new players as me making new alts...

Idea is good, I would also add random body part crippled, and for another cost it could be healed.
h

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 06:19:23 pm »

True
Suggestion is not well thought of.

JovankaB

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 06:26:51 pm »

I wouldn't find too amusing literally working for some asshole who killed me when I was in a town.

I would prefer to make blusuits go to random respawn.
Wearing even simple armor would be always profitable.

You don't have to waste time on some stupid job, you can just continue playing in other place.
If you want to harass the same people and same place, you would have to spend time on travel.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 06:47:27 pm by JovankaB »

avv

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 06:48:24 pm »

It's just 10 shits and you can make a fortune shoveling there for excess money. Besides, it compensates with the 20 seconds respawn time.

I wouldn't find too amusing literally working for some asshole who killed me when I was in a town.

What about the guys who have to mow down hordes of bluesuit scouts, looters and trolls wasting precious ammo? Or the sneak who can't resneak because some bluesuit is staring at him?

I would prefer to make blusuits go to random respawn.

From where they return with a taxi. Pro bluesuit trolls have high OD, doc and FA. This would hurt those new players even more because they spawn far away from their goal and have no OD to travel.

You don't have to waste time on some stupid job, you can just continue playing in other place.
If you want to harass the same people and same place, you would have to waste time on travel.

Wouldn't prevent fastrelogs.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 06:51:06 pm »

Yeah god damn those pro bluesuit trolls, they get 5 tag skills and can insta kill you from 50 hex with their mind powers. Their access to the dimensional rift clearly needs to be nerfed. Please remove these deadly bluesuits and their unicorn mercs from the game.

JovankaB

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 06:52:00 pm »

One more thing.

I think players don't need any more incentives to shoot anyone.
I see no reason why should some extra money go on account of murderer.

It's just pushing FOnline more into "just pew pew everything you see" hole.
I would rather see changes that help get it out of there.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 06:57:08 pm by JovankaB »

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 08:11:42 pm »

Its good suggestion apart from the part, where the killer is rewarded for killing someone, as Jovanka mentioned.
Maybe if we notice, that 100caps is too low for certain people (they keep doing it anyway), it can go higher if you die repeatedly in small time frame.

@Roachor - its not about killing someone, but to harass - scout town, desneak sneakers, put players into combat, drain APs of the enemy, loot stuff on the ground - pure annoyance.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 08:20:08 pm by Sarakin »
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 08:15:05 pm »

worst suggestion ever.
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 08:49:47 pm »

Sorry, but no. TLA based servers (2238 is also based on TLA but I mean servers like Requiem, TLAmk2 etc.) with paid replication are a good example of how a game should not look. If a game is too hard for a new player he will eventually leave and never come back. In the past I tried these servers and 3 min replication cooldown together with paid replications was one of the main aspects why I left for good.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 08:56:04 pm »

avv

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 09:38:15 pm »

I think players don't need any more incentives to shoot anyone.

Then there has to be reasons to not to kill people on sight. Because currently there aren't anything else but maintaining reputation.

I see no reason why should some extra money go on account of murderer.

Murderer and murderer. The game revolves around loot and denying loot. If someone has nothing to lose, he doesn't fear death. This creates a chance for trolls to just spam them in locations and act retarded. It destroys immersion that points of interest are being swarmed by bluesuits.

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 03:24:49 am »

ha ha, BG max hp tanks scared of bluesuits, ridiculous....  Seriously, you "pro" pvpers are afraid of your own shadows....  You want devs to believe a non geared freshly spawned blusuit poses any threat to you?  C'mon.......... :)
lol
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

Hawk Looter

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 04:10:17 am »

So u wont to boost fr factions? Good job! Lets make Them shovel poo So they wont be in Time to gear up So we can fr Them to death and piach Them to poo...great job! Or maby Lets make penalty to 3min fr. U fr So u Have to shovel 10poo in magic island of fr and later u can be teleported by magic rat to ur destinity
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.218 seconds with 28 queries.