"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 09:22:02 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Cant open any footlocker?  (Read 2494 times)

Kyle

• Morituri Te Salutant
Cant open any footlocker?
« on: November 22, 2012, 12:27:39 am »

Hello.
As you read in subject. Is it still normal? I read some topics and messages from January,I just need to know,if still most of the footlockers are magicaly for ever sealed. Found 5 so far (after 6 hours of playing). Opened: 0. Skill: 180 + big lock pick set (+50).

Thank you.
Re: Cant open any footlocker?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 01:39:13 am »

don't you need 300 lp + tools to be successful?

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 03:29:50 am »

I don't what's up with LP skill, it takes forever to pick a car with a 200 LP character yet my other character with 30 LP could do it.
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 05:46:31 am »

No matter the skill, you always* have a chance to open a lock. Maybe you were just unlucky?

*Except if the lock is bugged (which i haven't found since the update), or not meant to be opened.
Everything must change.
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 09:26:46 am »

don't you need 300 lp + tools to be successful?

300 LP will open any container, you'll still have the chance to fail but it will eventually open which is nice because it allows for 250 LP builds if you use expanded lockpick set.
Moderator removed my signature :(

Kyle

• Morituri Te Salutant
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 11:13:24 am »

Allright,so as I understand. If i want to open the most, I need to have 250 + lockpick set. What about having lower skill? Cause right now it seems to me that my friend will have to remake his char...AGAIN.
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 11:42:39 am »

too low lockpick skill. with 200% skill i was effective with 75% of lockers i found. was hunting locker once or twice, just for curiosity

Kyle

• Morituri Te Salutant
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 12:10:24 pm »

Great... I will keep trying today,but its pretty frustrating to not open any footlocker with lockpick skill 220 since 3 days...even when finding a one can be compared to finding a special encounter...
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 11:21:20 am »

They were supposed to have fixed the spawning foot lockers with 0% chance of opening.  It was stated in a recent change log.  It may not have took though, so there may still be lockers out there that just can't be opened no matter the skill.  I was told by a bp hunter that besides those lockers, 200% skill and elp should be enough to open any of the encounter lockers, at least from their experience.  But as stated even on one that only requires 100% lp to open there is a chance you will fail, and have to try again, though it shouldn't be 0 in 3 days.
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13

Kyle

• Morituri Te Salutant
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2012, 01:36:46 pm »

They were supposed to have fixed the spawning foot lockers with 0% chance of opening.  It was stated in a recent change log.  It may not have took though, so there may still be lockers out there that just can't be opened no matter the skill.  I was told by a bp hunter that besides those lockers, 200% skill and elp should be enough to open any of the encounter lockers, at least from their experience.  But as stated even on one that only requires 100% lp to open there is a chance you will fail, and have to try again, though it shouldn't be 0 in 3 days.

Thank you very much for motivating message. Ill keep going on and let you know,how many thousand of footlockers I didnt open :D Anyway,thanks.

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2012, 02:27:24 pm »

hardest locker got complexity 260, that means even if you got 300LP you got only 40% chance to open it in every try...
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2012, 04:55:31 pm »

hardest locker got complexity 260, that means even if you got 300LP you got only 40% chance to open it in every try...

i think it doesnt work like this

Kyle

• Morituri Te Salutant
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2012, 05:07:46 pm »

i think it doesnt work like this

I would like to know,what does work here normally....well,i aint p*ssed off because of everything I just cant see reason,why something keeps being broken and nobody does nothing about it..

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2012, 10:26:59 pm »

why something keeps being broken and nobody does nothing about it..
Welcome to FOnline!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 22 queries.