"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 10:47:31 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Change the way glow elevator works  (Read 881 times)

avv

Change the way glow elevator works
« on: November 09, 2012, 10:49:00 pm »

Change the way glow's level 6 to 5 elevator works in following way:
If you run out of time, instead of being stuck down there you can travel to level 4.

Current way only promotes multilog or relogging.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Nexxos

• o_O
  • O_o
Re: Change the way glow elevator works
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 10:53:26 pm »

If you run out of time, it's your problem for going in there alone, and you die. Sometimes you need a friend, not everything should be for loners, especially such a death trap.
“And we passed through the cavern of rats.

And we passed through the path of streaming flamethrowers.

And we passed through the faction of the blind.

And we passed through the slough of swarm.

And we passed through the vale of tears.

And we came, finally, to the ice caverns.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 10:59:24 pm »

I fondly remember the first time I went there with a friend, ofcourse we didn't know about the timeframe. Felt nice to die there due to stupidity. :)

So yeah, I agree with Nexxos.
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 11:03:24 pm »

Agree with you, if you want to success in the glow, you need sure 3 chars. I have try with a friend, with two char is impossible you need a lockpick char, a char to repair the elevetor, and 1 or 2 char for fight... Glow it's really a death trap, that's good =)
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 11:06:17 pm »

Current way only promotes multilog or relogging.

Sure, on low population of players you do simply create multiple clients and clean glow happy with low threat of meeting anyone at all, but if the population rises and more players visit glow, simply doing it alone with 2 clients won't cut it, you'll need some friends.

avv

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 12:50:07 am »

If you run out of time, it's your problem for going in there alone, and you die. Sometimes you need a friend, not everything should be for loners, especially such a death trap.

But who dies there? Every time I get trapped there, I just relog or multilog myself out. There is no tradeoff or "deal with it" factor here. It has been proven multiple times that trying to force players to work together only promotes multilog or whatever bypass means.
Friends are needed to help against enemies with friends. Troubles that require specific alts are solved with alts and multilog.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 01:35:42 am »

i can clean glow solo(just 1 specialized character, no alts) in 40 mins, i jut wonder wh you more skilled players keep wasting time down there even if there is no more motions or stealthboys...

EDIT: for topic: elevator works good, maybe change repaired status only for 1 min or 30s if you want to prevent soloing it

avv

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 01:49:49 am »

i can clean glow solo(just 1 specialized character, no alts) in 40 mins, i jut wonder wh you more skilled players keep wasting time down there even if there is no more motions or stealthboys...

EDIT: for topic: elevator works good, maybe change repaired status only for 1 min or 30s if you want to prevent soloing it

But what do you do when you get stuck down there?

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 08:44:24 am »

i keep LPing lockers until all are empty, then i ofc relog and bring another alt to repair generator

btw i thought that repair skill does affect only probabilty of repairing generator. so i got everytime 2min to come back to 6th, what is enought time to LP and loot 1 locker each time.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 08:48:16 am by greenthumb »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 21 queries.