"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 08:43:51 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Gimme a lockpicker.  (Read 2043 times)

Gimme a lockpicker.
« on: November 06, 2012, 02:07:33 am »

Must level with either improved flamer or gatling laser, no SG.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
Re: Gimme a lockpicker.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 02:26:14 am »

http://www.nitue.net/#fcp/direct!id=6857

a lockpicker I use, mine just has less HP but opens all lockers I get
Back In-Game :D

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 09:58:53 am »

thing is that you dont need LK or PE for good lockpicker. also 250 skill is sufficient with advanced LPicks. Very easy create such build.

Fat Man

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 03:41:23 pm »

thing is that you dont need LK or PE for good lockpicker. also 250 skill is sufficient with advanced LPicks. Very easy create such build.

Isn't luck needed to find chests?
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 03:55:06 pm »

Isn't luck needed to find chests?

they generate randomly with encounters. i found same amount on 10 lk char and on 1 lk char. so it doesnt matter.

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 06:04:14 pm »

Check again. You may not need Luck to find footlockers, but i believe Luck factors into the generation of the  contents. So Luck 10 is far more likely to find a blueprint inside. If you are hunting with a buddy and use radios to call each other in when lockers don't open, let's say the first guy finds a locker and he has Luck 10. He fails to open it so he calls his buddy. His buddy has Luck 1 and opens it and BAM they find a CA blueprint. If i am correct, it's not who opens the locker whose Luck was a factor. Nay, it was he who found the locker as the contents were generated when the encounter first started. That's my theory, only opinion, i am not looking at the code - i think we'd need a dev to say for sure.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

avv

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 06:21:45 pm »

Check again. You may not need Luck to find footlockers, but i believe Luck factors into the generation of the  contents. So Luck 10 is far more likely to find a blueprint inside. If you are hunting with a buddy and use radios to call each other in when lockers don't open, let's say the first guy finds a locker and he has Luck 10. He fails to open it so he calls his buddy. His buddy has Luck 1 and opens it and BAM they find a CA blueprint. If i am correct, it's not who opens the locker whose Luck was a factor. Nay, it was he who found the locker as the contents were generated when the encounter first started. That's my theory, only opinion, i am not looking at the code - i think we'd need a dev to say for sure.

You're an experienced chesthunter but this luck factor sounds like a typical lockpicker's illusion.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 06:31:12 pm »

It could be. I admit it - i would only know for sure if i was looking at the code or if the devs cleared this up for us. (I won't be trying to run some year-long test to figure out something that could change at any time.)

But then again, avv, you're the one i always remember when dealing with this topic because i thought you had a special build just for finding these encs and you'd delete the char once he found one. Some of these guys are reporting they find more than one on the same character, and even the same spec-enc more than once on the same char.

So who knows, but the devs.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 07:55:40 pm »

i just think that content of any enc is totaly random same as slaverun encounters are, which are totaly random...
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 05:56:16 pm »

His buddy has Luck 1 and opens it and BAM they find a CA blueprint.

I found 3 CA Blueprints with my lockpicker, and he has only 1 luck.
Of course he created the encounters and opened the lockers.

You can find all blueprints with 1 luck.
But what we don't really know is if we find more blueprints (and better items) with a high luck.
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 07:18:48 pm »

I'd like LK 10 for FCC regardless.

Can never have enough cawkroaches for the sake of variation.
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 10:01:33 pm »

lol you didnt create your char yet? omg lockpicker is easy to create and any build would do fine imo.. what you waiting for?
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 12:26:40 am »

It could be. I admit it - i would only know for sure if i was looking at the code or if the devs cleared this up for us. (I won't be trying to run some year-long test to figure out something that could change at any time.)

But then again, avv, you're the one i always remember when dealing with this topic because i thought you had a special build just for finding these encs and you'd delete the char once he found one. Some of these guys are reporting they find more than one on the same character, and even the same spec-enc more than once on the same char.

So who knows, but the devs.
Yes, they know:
None of the special encounters is fixed anymore since a few patches. They also aren't one time only now. In the same time, we changed chance for finding them and some other stuff if I remember correct, so they become more special encounters and less generic farmery encounters.
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2012, 09:15:02 am »

Are blueprints encs consider as a special ones?
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2012, 11:47:54 am »

Are blueprints encs consider as a special ones?

no
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 25 queries.