"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 03, 2024, 03:06:55 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Changelog 30/10/2012  (Read 26246 times)

Fat Man

Re: Changelog 30/10/2012
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2012, 08:05:56 am »

This an ok update nothing special. Like the car idea don't really think some drugs not consumable in metal mask was really all that necessary.

Still waiting for that update for advance chemical components to be added in the game so I can make use of these worthless drug blue prints.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2012, 12:06:58 pm »

- Some helmets/headgear items prevent using edible/inhaled drugs. It includes: Metal Masks (both versions), Power Helmet, Hardened Power Helmet, Advance Power Armor Helmet (both versions). Drugs which can be used while wearing them: Stimpak, Super Stimpak, Psycho, RadAway.

Great feature, now you need to click 2 more times to do one thing. Definitely fits Fonline.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2012, 01:05:52 pm »

- Some helmets/headgear items prevent using edible/inhaled drugs. It includes: Metal Masks (both versions), Power Helmet, Hardened Power Helmet, Advance Power Armor Helmet (both versions). Drugs which can be used while wearing them: Stimpak, Super Stimpak, Psycho, RadAway.
This was completely not needed and any "realism" excuse in a game where people run around shooting their plasma rifles and miniguns is kinda funny.

Other than that, the update seems good. Gratz.
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2012, 01:06:27 pm »

Yeah but nothing on the Motorbike, or if these encounters are localized around certain area or if they can be hit anywhere on the world map.  (No I don't want to be told WHERE that certain area is, but if it is just like the other 'random special encounters' then it's not gonna be as big a deal as I had hoped.) 
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2012, 02:29:58 pm »

Let me fix that for you:
"Two viable helmets were just too much and people were getting confused about choosing their headgear, so we took one out for your convenience."

Oh, and when it comes to realism, you can always slide your mask to the forehead. You know, just like thousands of paintballers do between the matches. It takes a second to rise it so that you can reach your mouth - guess how much does toying with your inventory take? Unrealistic and bad for gameplay... so yeah, it's bad.
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2012, 02:38:48 pm »

Fuck offine!

kox

« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2012, 05:15:38 pm »

update whit drugs and mask is great joke hahah...hilarious!
« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2012, 05:19:14 pm »

good joke faggot ;)
« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2012, 06:09:05 pm »

- In turn based mode the characters of players who disconnected end turn automatically at the beginning of their turn.

Damn. Now, when connexion will be unstable, i won't even be able to switch on TB without losing turns... :-[

- New special encounter with rare vehicles: truck, firetruck, police car, motorbike (the type of the car is picked randomly).

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o
This Game is gold :D :D

Thanks devs. :-* Thanks dev :-*

Fat Man

« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2012, 06:12:16 pm »

I think if you want to role play take off your metal mask to eat food, smoke cigarettes and inhale drugs there is no problem with that but do not think it should be applied to everybody. Not everybody seeks roleplaying and realism in this game. There is a PvP community who really don't see the need to remove helmet when most of the time drugs are taken on world map before entering a town. Just an uncessary step. But I guess PvPers don't need all the love ;d we got our ac and heavy hand nerfs finally so I guess this is a roleplayer update.

Its not a huge deal and not anything to get mad over but that is my honest opinion about it.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 06:18:55 pm by Fat Man »

Knife_cz

• Ah yes 'Reapers'. Get out of here stalker.
« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2012, 06:35:47 pm »

I think if you want to role play take off your metal mask to eat food, smoke cigarettes and inhale drugs there is no problem with that but do not think it should be applied to everybody. Not everybody seeks roleplaying and realism in this game. There is a PvP community who really don't see the need to remove helmet when most of the time drugs are taken on world map before entering a town. Just an uncessary step. But I guess PvPers don't need all the love ;d we got our ac and heavy hand nerfs finally so I guess this is a roleplayer update.

Its not a huge deal and not anything to get mad over but that is my honest opinion about it.
With this realism, I guess they need to take off Power Armor to inject a stimpack ;)

Edit; infact, Enclave uses Stimpacks, right? Or I atleast belive I looted some in Fallout 2. I belive they would be smart enough to invent some small hole in their suit to inject stimpacks.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 09:12:41 pm by Knife_cz »
« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2012, 09:31:36 pm »

Oh my god!
Every 30 minutes (or 1 hour with chem reliant) we have to remove our helmet.
This game is soooo hard now!

Everybody is whining about that, but in fact that won't change much things.
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2012, 09:43:47 pm »

In fact, if the helmet feature is not related to stimpack and only half of the armors, i don't see the point of it.

Make the Glow more difficult ? 5% of players must go there, now that we have Arès...

It add one step on the process of taking drugs, but won't change gameplay, by making things harder or easyier.
Why implementing it on the first place ?
(i am not arguing agains't it as we had great features recently. But i don't see the point of this one)

But, am i reading features related to power armors ? Are they usable ?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 09:45:38 pm by naossano »
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2012, 10:05:33 pm »

Edit; infact, Enclave uses Stimpacks, right? Or I atleast belive I looted some in Fallout 2. I belive they would be smart enough to invent some small hole in their suit to inject stimpacks.

It works both ways, we could presume there is a "hole" for metal masks.

This change doesn't make sense.

Me.

I think you are doing this for your own amusement. I just don't believe you can come up with such an irrational change and you want to see what is the response, it might be amusing, funny how much big of a deal players make out of this change. I might be wrong only in case you failed at basic logical thought process, because it seems there is none. Or it was done by selfish reasons and you implemented it because you thought it would be fine for you, did you think about others? It can't be bad judgment, can it?

Let me elaborate so you don't feel offended and my post to make some sort of reason out of all that.

One by one, changes make what is 2238, let them be small in this case, but in the end it all adds up and we, the players get to be play the game and we are counting on you to make reasonable decisions, changes that are necessary and allows further progress so the game would just get better. In this case it isn't the case of such changes, it just a mere inconvenience.

Solar might have not thought that removing Armor Class cap is going to be a big deal, or that Silent Death is going to be so powerful, as well heavy handed. Or the guy who put values that are responsible for the amount of stuff spawned in TC box, some numbers most probably just a guess and it happens to be a bad one. Now we have the situation that some items are pretty much unlimited for factions that have done TC. The game really does become less interesting when you have certain items in quantities that normally wouldn't be even possible to obtain, feels like cheating, or even worse that the game is just purely broken. The reason why Wipe as an event seems very compelling, as it would fix the damage done, but that is a completely different story.

All that was just not well thought through, like current Metal Mask change. It's not a big deal by itself, but as i said such changes sums up together and in the end makes the impression, quality of the game players experience. It's just a game, but come on you are tagged as a "Developer" of it, have a little bit more sense of responsibility if you do decide to do something.

So, if you really want to make 2238 a better game for everyone, you will remove that inconvenience.

It's up to you, whether you do the change it depends, in that case it will indicate that you listen to the community and come forward to our small community, witch by the fact is getting is smaller. If you do give just a little bit of shit about that. If not, then Okay.

Nothing more and nothing less.

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2012, 11:07:47 pm »

Reverted.
Games are meant to be created, not played...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 28 queries.