I'm not sure
- 6 (8%)
No!
- 10 (13.3%)
Town control is just enough
- 12 (16%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: PvP grounds alias arenas  (Read 10371 times)

Re: PvP grounds alias arenas
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2010, 08:49:40 pm »

It look like couter strike , or FT online objective :) .
But idea is very nice. People should test other pvp . TC is boring now :)

maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2010, 09:00:44 pm »

TC is boring now :)

have you even tryied play pvp for tc ?
im quite expirienced pvp player and i really like htis new system + some small changes and will be great :>
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 09:03:16 pm by maszrum »

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2010, 09:17:16 pm »

have you even tryied play pvp for tc ?
im quite expirienced pvp player and i really like htis new system + some small changes and will be great :>

Some of you seems to not understand that PvP grounds should be there like addition to TC and imho TC was never intended to be PvP feature. Mainly PvP grounds should not follow regular world rules and thats why it has such a potential. Its should serve as a place for training and mostly random or premade team PvP. Current PvP equals to either get on 21 and play with the best or satisfy with killing bluesuits. Nothing like low lvl PvP exists (only from the very beginning of the wipe where there are no 21st lvl players yet). This could offer opportunity for low lvl PvP and even for people who normally don't have a chance to fight in TC.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2010, 09:22:04 pm »

The reason why something like low lvl PvP does not exist is that low lvl PvP chars or pretty much any low lvl char is not killing machine. In fact they are dieing machines. Also level difference between players makes everything even more messy than it already is and when you PvP at mid level then you can always expect that higher or max lvl player will come around and you are pretty much screwed. But thats also shame because something like low PvP would be certainly fun with worse gear etc. But I can't imagine how to implement such thing when we can't see our opponents level. Anyway things like PvP grounds could represent some kind of an exp gain for PvP chars. You join few fights in such PvP arena and reward would depend on your level scale. Lets say that players from 6 to 11 lvl would be able to join only something like "training ground" with no real reward from winning but some nice exp. From 12 to 17 lvl they would be able to connect to certain PvP arenas. At these mid levels they could be rewarded only with caps and/or exp (maybe possibility to choose between these or combine them). At higher levels 18-21 they would get also items as reward or maybe something like title to their name (when it comes down to tournaments then maybe cars as reward etc). Anyway PvP statistics should be implemented to "Kills" tab in pipboy. Number of killed players, deaths (not from environment), "honorable" kills (kills of players at your or higher lvl) etc. So when number of you "kills" exceeds number of "honorable kills" like 8 times you will get something like "Chicken" or "Psychopath" as prefix to your name (or just like player flag meaning we get reward for killing such guy or something).  Such features could make competing in PvP even more interesting.

Anyway leveling up PvP char in regular world using some "natural" means is tricky. Even when you find something that could work like source of exp its always hard to balance it and there is always abuse issue. But PvP/training grounds that stand apart from regular world could be easier to balance and abuse issues would be also not such threat there. Anyway if devs would just consider something like alternative means of exping for PvP chars or such training/PvP grounds then it will be more than appreciated.

Copy+paste from another topic. That idea about exping through PvP grounds was pretty much just a long shot but some particular arenas could certainly serve even this way but thats just like a really last thing I would expect from PvP grounds.
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2010, 09:06:48 am »

PvP arenas with team deathmatch / CTF / assault modes? Nah. I voted no.

Easier to start playing Fallout Tactics in multiplayer.
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2010, 02:02:49 pm »

Terrible idea.

It totally breaks the immersion of a harsh wasteland and makes 2238 more mainstream mmorpg like.
totally a bad idea, this is no way personal don't get offenced.

This kind of pvp battlefield would make me stop playing 2238 and I think I'm not the only one here.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2010, 02:58:11 pm »

Ok then tell me your suggestions how to implement PvP? TC is not supposed to be playground for gangs and even if devs would keep it that way its still only high lvl feature and only for some. This could bring fun from PvP to anyone beyond 6th lvl or so. Imho you see it way too much like WoW battlegrounds and you totally ignore possibilities that FOnline offers with this and how it could be implemented.

Anyway pool talks for itself: 40 positive against 17 negative atm.
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2010, 08:52:08 pm »

I say you'd have to enter the arena naked and bare-handed.  Randomized equipment would be scattered around the battlefield for pickup after combat starts.

This might work best for the tournaments, where skill and not equipment should play the most important role in determining the victor.

All equipment would be removed from the player after the fight, and their winnings added to their inventory.
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world -- Those who understand binary and those who don't.
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2010, 07:03:59 am »

I don't like the idea - it sounds too much like unreal tournament to me - it's just doesn't keep fallout atmosphere. But if it would be organized  enklave or bos training simulation it would be ok. Right now best so called 'arena' are streets of New Reno and I think it should stay that way - but nothing like saving your inventory ( awfull! yackkkk! )
" ... when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you ... " - Friedrich Nietzsche

http://forum.newfmc.pl/ - Nieoficjalne 'Polskie Pustkowia'
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 24 queries.