I'm not sure
- 6 (8%)
No!
- 10 (13.3%)
Town control is just enough
- 12 (16%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: PvP grounds alias arenas  (Read 9529 times)

Re: PvP grounds alias arenas
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2010, 08:39:20 pm »

I agree with you and your arguments for it. I don´t really care about how something like this will be implemented, i want this, too. :) The idea with the virtual reality stuff was just in case some devs said: NO, thats not in the games, we do not want this.

I had the idea that even low level chars could enter the virtual reality and fight there for EXP. Level 21 chars would get reputation and maybe later access to special vendors that selling resources one time a day.
Special arenas for premade teams only. No more Zerg tactics, you need good team play there.

Maybe we can find a possibility like in Mad Max 3 and this thunder-dome. When i remember correct it was in case when someone broken a law, then to guys enter, only one came out ;) Would also be an interesting feature...

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 01:59:09 pm »

Jeah i think PvP locations  would be very cool.
Fighting for Money and reputation...

Maybe some differnt arenas with different weapons.
for example:

Boxing in new Reno only with Boxinggloves....
Arena in Junktown with meele Weapons.....

And some Places to shot each other .....
think these "Faction Battle Ground" is a good idea too!!
Raiders vs. Vault City or Slaver vs. Ncr Ranger.....

I think this vitŕtual reallity thing is not a good idea but i like the Thunderdome too!
How i learned to love the bomb...

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2010, 03:13:58 pm »

It would be good to know what devs think of this.
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2010, 10:08:57 am »

This idea is not very new and devs already told about some areana maps especially for PvP Events. I think Scipior and Lexx already built some special maps.

Actually, we did a lot of nice events and pretty everything you mention in this thread.

GMs are organizing events, but due to the wipe, lags and multiple downtimes, they are not making a lot of them right now.

I am VERY interested in organizing events and tournaments and i think we should meet together with Izual to discuss about it. Maybe some other people would be interested in organizing those event too. We should arrange a meeting on IRC or mumble and set everything up for the next tournament.

I'm glad to see we share common interest, see you later !
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 10:11:02 am by HawK-EyE »

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2010, 10:46:28 am »

Well my point is such arenas should be accessible all day long for everyone and without any work for admins. Simply new feature like that boxing ring in Junktown.
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2010, 02:10:47 pm »

Capture the Flag
Two teams (raiders/rangers or BoS/Enclave) fight over opponents flag secret intelligence (rangers=plans of NCR city defenses/raiders=map with location of their base or BoS=weapon plans/Enclave Vbird plans). When intelligence (imagine it as suitcase or something) is taken, carrier is marked by it and as he is in adrenaline rush it boosts his strength+HP significantly (+3 ST and 80 HP or something like that).

CTF would be awsome, but perhap people sign up for the game, and it is played on the enitre over map, with 2 bases that people spawn in and fight in a small area, like perhaps 9 squares on the map. allow room for a few diffrent battles, the "flag" could be a caravan that the keys for spawn in both bases, so people on that team could try to take it to there base.
Although i love fallout as a "sim type" this could be interesting, i am not to sure if it really fits with the style of the game
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2010, 02:40:56 pm »

It's fallout, not quake or any other game. I really like this game becouse pvp/pk is sooo great. I don't need any changes there.

It's better to focus on lags and some more fallout mood things. Leave pvp areans for broderlands or any other of those kind of games, there are events from time to time which alows those "organised pvp". But reality and psychology of humans behevior - like shooting on sight- it's wonderfull ;].

We are like dogs in this game, someone run, we attack, it's that simple ;].

So my vote is BIG NO. Keep pvp like it is DEV's, i love Your job on that part ;].
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 02:42:57 pm by Libertine »
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2010, 02:54:31 pm »

It's fallout, not quake or any other game. I really like this game becouse pvp/pk is sooo great. I don't need any changes there.

It's better to focus on lags and some more fallout mood things. Leave pvp areans for broderlands or any other of those kind of games, there are events from time to time which alows those "organised pvp". But reality and psychology of humans behevior - like shooting on sight- it's wonderfull ;].

So my vote is BIG NO. Keep pvp like it is DEV's, i love Your job on that part ;].
I fully agree and rescind my previous statement.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2010, 02:57:54 pm »

Its not change, its addition. Also as someone mentioned it could be implemented like training camp for military factions so you would "train" this way.
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2010, 12:13:34 am »

The worst idea ever made.

CTF, DM, TDM, WTF ?
... go play quake - you will luv this.

Some place to fighting like colloseum with weapon's inside and some rule's would be great, but not CFT lmao.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2010, 01:03:57 am »

CTF, DM, TDM, WTF ?

Some place to fighting like colloseum with weapon's inside and some rule's would be great, but not CFT lmao.

Another allseeing hardcore rpg overlord  ::). As I've stated at my 1st post implement such features ingame so they will feel natural but not only as "yay mmo battleground!" would be tough but not impossible. Tell me what is so bad about these ideas? Because they did not appeared in F1/2 it makes them not worthy of consideration? Or is is that you simply reserved notions such as CTF or Assault to "mindless" action shooters that are so much not Fallouty? This can be implemented in reasonable way but you just don't see that.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 01:16:40 am by Sius »
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2010, 01:09:50 am »

CTF, DM, TDM, WTF ?

Are you crazy ? With this argument all time ? "Go play Quake". Oh my god, we want play Fonline !!! Its not "craft game for people who like waiting" !!! Who said how must Fonline looks ?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 01:16:23 am by Hololasima »
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2010, 01:40:55 am »

DM, TDM, CTF arenas in FOnline? At first it sounds quite ridiculous. IMO the only sensible types of competitions that would fit in FO world would be some single or team survival match with low tier weapons.

Are you crazy Huh With this argument all time ? "Go play Quake". Oh my god, we want play Fonline !!! Its not "craft game for people who like waiting" !!! Who said how must Fonline looks ?
I think that there have to be some limits if we want to stick to post-apocalyptic climate, or would you like to have some new maps like this ?
Some crazier things should appear only in events.

Or: you could implement everything, including CTF matches and kittenz, provided that your char took some high amount of jet or got hitten by a rock while mining.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 01:47:21 am by Mystyr »
"... I'm a little bit of country, with a little bit of fist in your mug homie..."

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2010, 01:30:46 pm »

DM, TDM, CTF arenas in FOnline? At first it sounds quite ridiculous. IMO the only sensible types of competitions that would fit in FO world would be some single or team survival match with low tier weapons.
I think that there have to be some limits if we want to stick to post-apocalyptic climate, or would you like to have some new maps like this ?
Some crazier things should appear only in events.

Or: you could implement everything, including CTF matches and kittenz, provided that your char took some high amount of jet or got hitten by a rock while mining.

This can be implemented in reasonable way but you just don't see that.
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2010, 02:25:49 pm »

This can be implemented in reasonable way but you just don't see that.
Yes, I can't see it, maybe it's my poor imagination or we just have different view on what's reasonable in FOnline.
 CTF, Assault, VIP matches - naah it's too much for me whatever it would look like, this vision just hurts my fallout feelings.  ::)
"... I'm a little bit of country, with a little bit of fist in your mug homie..."
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.