"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 01:16:20 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Sneak - only with stealth boy  (Read 10655 times)

avv

Re: Sneak - only with stealth boy
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2012, 06:48:23 pm »

Big guns is a specific skill witch indicates the ability to use, operate, maintain heavy weaponry witch in fact all are items in game. Sneaking on the other hand is self-explanatory, it's not like some suit will give you knowledge of how to perceive the environment more effectively to become more stealthier.

Doesn't matter how you describe it. With sneak you can cause harm to other players, with repair or barter you can't. It needs to take items to cause harm so that that your victim gets loot if it goes other way around.

Other way is to make respawning cost money which goes to the killer.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2012, 06:49:17 pm »

Dear triple-witch, some time ago Atom told me that on 2238 they have their own check_look function implemented, which is working totally differently than the shit from SDK you are posting about.

Which still means you don't have the fucking idea what you are talking about :P Heck, you don't even know how those SDK switches are working, that's why you write funny values as 135 :)
You just copy some code from SDK and add some pointless explanations, playing smart. How the fuck could it be more ridiculous? :D

I know exactly how it works.
With each post you just prove that you don't, unfortunately :( Sad as it is, dear triplenub :)
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2012, 07:04:28 pm »

Atom said something, some years ago. Aha. :)

I know how sneak is calculated and how it works, that copy paste material is just a palette (standard, gosh, learn to read) to display information, i never said they should copy paste that or something. Stop bullshitting, you don't know how it works yourself - the function itself, you just know they have something different, witch i doubt since it comes from your big mouth.

Once again, stupidity and ego over the skies at its finest.

Shit, put some more smileys, what a clown. ;D
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 07:10:17 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2012, 07:26:47 pm »

Atom said something, some years ago. Aha. :)
It is still working like that, thus the info on wiki (with few values out-dated, sadly :( ). He wrote it himself as far as I know.
Which means that your posts "I KNOW HOW IT WORKS!!!!!" are even more hilarious   :D

I know how sneak is calculated and how it works, that copy paste material is just a palette (standard, gosh, learn to read) to display information, i never said they should copy paste that or something. Stop bullshitting, you don't know how it works yourself - the function itself, you just know they have something different, witch i doubt since it comes from your big mouth.

Once again, stupidity and ego over the skies at its finest.

You still don't get it, do you, triplenub?
You put some real values from a different algorithm into SDK code which has nothing common with 2238 sneak, probably for "it to look more serious" ( :D), hoping that no one gets it. This is horribly funny, tripleclown :P

We all know that you don't know the shit about how the game works, but you know how to use "REPLY" forum button, triplejoke :D
Date Registered: April 11, 2011, 09:18:22 pm
However, being quite new in town, you have the full right to not get how the damn game works. Maybe ask your witch or someone. Most importantly, triplekid, you need to stop being so latvian :(
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2012, 07:43:04 pm »

I know values and how the algorithm works and is calculated, Atom posted the algorithm on ...
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,19266.msg160244.html#msg160244

and i personally went through it multiple times and tested sneak in closed beta test for bugs (with magic debug tool, witch showed everything including order) and everything else, i sure know more about it than you.

Just stop writing like some kid, manchild. :)

that copy paste material is just a palette (standard, gosh, learn to read) to display information

Third synonym just for you - model. Read and comprehend Kilgore, breathe in and out.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 07:46:43 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2012, 07:52:09 pm »

Quote from: T-888 on Today at 07:04:28 pm

that copy paste material is just a palette (standard, gosh, learn to read) to display information
Third synonym just for you - model.
So you admit that you just used SDK code that has nothing common with 2238 sneak to make it smart-looking :D
Well, kid, when you use a completely different model to explain 2238's sneak, then it means you don't have an idea how sneak in SDK is working, kid. Or on 2238. Or both :D

You're just falling deeper and deeper into the depths of ignorance, triplejoke  :(

Well, back to the topic:
I think it was suggested to make a penalty to sneak when using bluesuit or a broken armor and I think it would do.
The problem is not about the sneak itself, but no penalty for death, so you get free scouting.
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2012, 07:58:22 pm »

This is when I read triplekid's posts.. I can't stop laughing, for fuck's sake  ;D
Oh kurwa, they have own check look and sneak func but this not means they work different, when you enabling check look call to your script you need to reimplement  in native code much hardcoded features anyway.
Hehe as i heard you using func to hide invisible people on client side instead of implementing own check look *))
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2012, 07:59:11 pm »

Oh, pardon me that i don't have access to 2238 source and can't post in the original code.

I was trying to tell you that the third time, witch is successful it seems. Good, i got your attention at last. :)

Oh man, you just crack me up.

I think it was suggested to make a penalty to sneak when using bluesuit or a broken armor and I think it would do.
The problem is not about the sneak itself, but no penalty for death, so you get free scouting.

Death is penalty by itself, player wastes time instead of equipment.

If sneakers were a lot easier to detect, like previous session, there would be no free scouting since in that case it is possible to deny them quite easily, especially for some team who know what they are doing.
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2012, 08:00:05 pm »

Oh noes fonline2 devteam pvps me on 2238 forum :(

/Kilgore hides client-sided :DDDD

btw skycast weren't you one who said there will be 0 players on 2238 in few weeks? whatcha still doing here? :>
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 08:02:21 pm by Kilgore »

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2012, 08:09:54 pm »

I remind you guys that it's suggestion board, please continue your discussion in Hinkley.
Games are meant to be created, not played...
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2012, 10:00:25 pm »

Cutting sneak makes it useless for anyone who doesn't max it.

Make level based respawn time?

Since respawn is a magical thing beyond canon or in-world meaning, level scaling respawn isn't as fake as other scalings.

High sneaks have high levels. (Which also makes it more difficult to make lots of them.)

Add RND 1 to 10 + 10 seconds per level above 10 to respawn time.
+50% if die while sneaking.

Also- make Motion Detector in off-hand slot give double detection range; if Motion Detector is in active slot triple detection range plus all tagged on the holder of MD share the bonus.

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2012, 11:38:44 pm »

Dont make it impossible to sneak without certain item, just apply severe penalties (-50% etc).
What is you'ren't ?
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2012, 02:19:54 am »

I'd prefer some craftable sneaker armor as requirement to be able to sneak (or other armors/bluesuit having penalty for sneak skill) rather than stealth-boy. But yeah, I agree sneaking should require some gear to be functional/effective.

Arcanum had something called oiled leather armor (which worked with "prowl") that would probably adapt well to FOnline sneakers.
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2012, 03:24:17 am »

I'd love if sneakers could wear armour, you get tore up once you fire the first shot but making it item dependent is stupid. It's not magic invisibility any more than bullets have magic invisibility. Sneakers aren't even much of a threat since plama naders got nerfed.

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2012, 12:19:40 pm »

Dont make it impossible to sneak without certain item, just apply severe penalties (-50% etc).
What is you'ren't ?

I said it before but somebody delete my post ;D

Just like Sarakin said make sneaker without "stealth boy" half effective
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 22 queries.