"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 29, 2024, 03:07:10 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Sneak - only with stealth boy  (Read 9502 times)

Re: Sneak - only with stealth boy
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2012, 03:32:06 pm »

Might as well just make another remove sneak whine thread since atm sneak sucks pretty hard (you can counter it at lvl 1 just by having high pe) and stealth boys are one of the rarest items in the game.

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2012, 03:36:31 pm »

stealth boys are one of the rarest items in the game.

you can get them In glow

avv

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2012, 03:44:05 pm »

you can get them In glow

Hardly. Glow and ares could never supply the need for stealth boys for everyone.

If docan's suggestion took place, stealth boys would need more sources.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2012, 03:49:28 pm »

Oh boy glow, which requires other people/lockpicking alts and rad meds. Totally accessible to all but 95% of the server.

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2012, 07:46:53 pm »

Hardly. Glow and ares could never supply the need for stealth boys for everyone.

If docan's suggestion took place, stealth boys would need more sources.

It could be available from SHI or any other High Stuff faction via dialog/quest.
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2012, 10:45:46 am »

I would suggest the following:

1. Make stealthboy work in the same fashion as motion sensor - it works for x seconds when activated and in active slot, then you need to recharge it with MFC or SEC. I would suggest 30 minutes, so you can synch it with drug timer.

2. Make it easier in general to detect sneaks, but instead make stealthboy increase sneak skill above the 300 cap.

For the last point, for instance, 60 bonus sneak from stealthboy corresponds right now to 10 hex visibilty. So you could increase the detection range by 10 hex, and make 300+stealthboy = 360 skill the maximum sneak skill. Then the best sneak is just as good as it is now, but to get there you need stealthboy. Without it, you lose 10 hex detection range.

I think the last suggestion would be good because then in order to have maximum efficiency, even if it's just to scout, you require some investment in terms of in game items. You can still sneak "for free" (without items), but you're then less effective. This would make it more of a reward to kill sneaks, especially if stealthboys are relatively rare.

If the item is not consumable the market will eventually be saturated, even if they only spawn in ares/glow lockers. So even though I think making it craftable could be nice, it shouldn't be strictly necessary in terms of balance - the item is common enough as it is. If you think you need more ways to obtain it, some other easy implementations would be: farmable from ROTMA, buyable through dialogue if you're member of BoS, additional reward for existing quest, spawn in some shops, lootable in random encounter lockers.
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2012, 03:24:21 pm »

then you should only be able to detect sneakers while holding a motion sensor, since obviously countering a lvl 24 skill with a lvl 1 special is grossly imbalanced.

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2012, 04:10:32 pm »

What about this:

Sneak effective only at night (in game) hours. No need of stealth boy. This grants regular players, who just want to make quest or trade in locations "safe" hours. In game night hours could be cca from 7PM-7AM (I know, that it is not real, but it is only game).

At in game day hours, you can sneak only using stealth boy, it should stay rare as it is so attacker should think twice before his action.

I like countermeasures, but more than motion sensor (another invisible item that you cant see without text comments), i would prefer flares. 3, 4, 5? hexes around flares could eliminate sneak, so there could be good tactic element (use flare walls to prevent sneakres to backstab..). Flares also gives chance to sneakers to avoid disclosure.

Also FN Fal Night sight should be usefull. It could eliminate sneak, but only for player who holds FN Fal NS in active hand only. Something like sneaker hunter. FN is not ultimate weapon like plasma nades, so sneakers would have still chance and all changes could add good tactic element into fonline skirmishes.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

avv

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2012, 04:24:59 pm »

All sneak really needs is a cost. In last session only sneak able to cause serious trouble was a lsw sneak and that's a semi-expensive weapon.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2012, 04:27:39 pm »

All sneak really needs is a cost. In last session only sneak able to cause serious trouble was a lsw sneak and that's a semi-expensive weapon.

and why do you want to nerf sneak so much?

avv

« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2012, 04:33:34 pm »

and why do you want to nerf sneak so much?

Being effective in pvp without a cost is against the general balance in this game.
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2012, 06:49:15 pm »

Being effective in pvp without a cost is against the general balance in this game.

lol yeah because after that one shot being naked holding a gun is such a huge advantage. Sneakers try to kill me all the time and they usually fail, last one took 3 plasma nades to kill me which is a huge improvement over last session when it took one. Sneaking is a part of combat people need to stop trying to turn this game into minigun tank vs minigun tank crappy rts. It's way more fun

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2012, 07:14:14 pm »

You should compare sneaker combat ability with PVP builds and "regular non PVP" builds, often not at max lvl because purpose of those non PvP char is not to lvl up them and then play Fonline, but play Fonline and consequently level them up.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2012, 08:12:56 pm »

I like the interaction of night time and sneak. I propose 25% penalty to sneak at night w/o stealth boy and 75% penalty to sneak w/o stealth boy during the day.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2012, 08:21:55 pm »

Tell me how a guy in a pijama with a laser pistol/grenade(and probably low hp) is supposed to be effective in a fight where everybody else is fully geared up?
Did you hit you head?

I propose 25% penalty to sneak at night w/o stealth boy and 75% penalty to sneak w/o stealth boy during the day.
you are an idiot
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.